1979 CHEVROLET CHEVETTE 1 Owner ONLY 36K ACTUAL MILES VERY NICE ORIGINAL COND. !
Price: - Item location: Cape Coral, Florida, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: CHEVETTE
- SubModel: 5 Door HB
- Year: 1979
- Mileage: 36,205
- VIN: 1B6809Y107054
- Color: Brown
- Engine size: 1.6 Liter 4 Cylinder
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Buckskin
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1979 Chevrolet CHEVETTE* 1979 CHEVROLET CHEVETTE * * ONE OWNER !! * * ONLY 36K ACTUAL MILES !! ** VERY NICE ORIGINAL CONDITION !! * * NO RESERVE !! *
Before you and up for bid at NO RESERVE, is my 1979 CHEVROLET CHEVETTE 5 door hatchback. The particulars of the Chevette are as follows:
* One owner car purchased new by my grandmother from Bill Kieran Chevy, Cadillac, Pontiac in Pawling, NY on November 10,1978. (She was 72 at that time)
* ONLY 36,204 actual miles! Truly the little elderly lady car. (she hated to be referred to as old) market, feed store, church and bingo pretty much summarizes its use. She steered clear of Dr.'s, and lived to be 96.
* The car was always indoor garage stored when not in use.
* Save for items that necessitated replacement given to time, wear or safety, the car is all original. A car can be restored 20 times, it is only original once!
* Non-smoker owned
* NO Accident history, all original paint that presents with a very nice reflection at 40 years of age. I did one compound to remove build up and oxidized paint, and one Liquid Glass hand polish. The results are amazing!
* NO rust or rot, never had any. One small golf ball size dent on the right rear upper quarter panel. (see pic)
* The car was last plated in 2012. My father would start and drive the car around the neighborhood in upstate NY regularly to keep the fluids flowing through.
* 1.6 liter 4 cylinder engine, NO annoying drips or leaks
* I replaced the fuel pump and put in a new set of spark plugs. It turns right over and is driveable. The car will necessitate having the carburetor rebuilt or as inexpensive as carburetors are for these cars, replaced. I would opt for the rebuild to keep the car as original as possible. The brakes should be gone through too.
* The regular use tires are fair, though old and should be replaced. The car comes with 6 steel wheels, two of which have snow tires mounted. These too saw minimal use and while old, still hold air. Tire's for this car can be purchased for under $40 ea. All 4 hubcaps are included, 3 are very nice, the fourth has separated from the outer ring.
* Original spare, jack and tire tool
* The muffler has a hole, muff's are also inexpensive.
* Excellent interior. NO tears or upholstery wear front or rear
* Rear seat folds flat for cargo, protective rubber cargo area mat
* Front and rear rubber floor mats, nice condition
* Perfect dash, NO cracks!!
* Excellent original glass throughout including the windshield
* All 4 windows roll up and down properly
* All 4 doors lock and unlock properly
* The door locks also properly lock and unlock by key
* All weatherstripping and gaskets are soft and pliable
* Automatic transmission, shifts smoothly throughout
* All gauges and function monitoring lights are fully operational
* Glove box door opens and closes properly
* Factory AM radio plays fine
* Emergency brake holds firmly
* Carpets are good, no wear or holes though there are a few small stains
* Perfect headliner
* Nice steering wheel, NO cracks
* Very good door panels, the driver's side front shows slightly the affect of the sun having peered through the barn window.
* Heat and defrost operate properly
* All safety and convenience features are fully operational ( lights, signals, courtesy lamp, ignition buzzer, horn, wipers )
* All knobs, buttons, and stalks are present
* All model and manufacture emblems are present
* Nice chrome bumpers front and rear, NO pitting or discoloration
* Very nice grill, NO breaks
* The hatch unlocks properly by key, the gas cartridges will no longer support the weight of the hatch.
* All original paperwork and related documentation, service history, owners manuals, supplemental operational pamphlets, and keys will be included.
At 40 years of age, the CHEVETTE is in remarkable condition! It is a testament to the minimal use and conscientious care it was accorded.
Not many of these Chevy's survived. It could easily be a daily driver, perhaps a "retro-UBER"..."Vette"!!
You are bidding to purchase the Chevette, not to be the first to "look at it". Please have your funding in place prior to placing your bid. Thank you.
A "low dough" inexpensive and fun nostalgia car that won't break the bank to own and one that is easy to work on.
The car and I are presently located in S.W. Florida. (Naples, Ft. Myers vicinity)
Transportation and/or shipping is the sole responsibility of the buyer.
I own a Hodges transport, delivery is possible within the lower 48 states.
Clear NY state title in my father's name.
If you are new to eBay, have 0% feedback or excessive negative feedback, you will need to call me prior to placing your bid and express your intentions. If you do not call me prior, your bid will be cancelled and you will be blocked from further bidding. This is to preserve the integrity of the auction as these auctions cost money, but more importantly, time. I will not waste your time, please do not waste mine. Thank you.
An initial payment of $500.00 is due and payable within 24 hours of auction close VIA Paypal. NO Exceptions!
The balance is to be paid within 7 days thereafter VIA a legitimate bank to bank wire transfer as it provides a documented record of the transaction for both parties.
I DO NOT accept PayPal for the entire purchase, ONLY the initial $500.00 payment.
Upon receipt of payment in full, I will overnight VIA FEDEX the title and bill of sale documents to the new owner.
The car and the title to the car will not be released until payment in full has been received.
If you are to drive in and trailer the car yourself, I will offer the option of hand delivering these documents to you upon your arrival.
If you are to arrive to trailer the car, I will accept the balance payment in cash, provided that it is accomplished within 7 days of auction close.
eBay provides for 24 pictures. I have selected pictures that best present a concise overview of the car. If you would like any area specific pictures, simply request them.
I answer my phone quicker than I respond to e-mail. Call me directly with any questions. If you reach voice mail, leave me a brief message along with a contact number, and I will return your call promptly.
If you would like to discuss a "buy it now", call me and present your offer. DO NOT call and ask me "what's the lowest that you'll take?"
Buyers from the US, Canada, the UK, Europe, Russia, Australia and New Zealand are welcome and encouraged to bid with confidence.
If the Chevette is sold to an international buyer, I am available for reasonable expenses with my aforementioned hauler, to get the car to the requisite port.
I am not a dealer nor professional eBayer. This is my family's Chevette and I have represented it honestly and accurately. I have been an eBay member since 2007 with 100% satisfaction both buying and selling.
Given to its age, by bidding you acknowledge your understanding that the car is being sold in "as is" condition, with no expressed, written or otherwise implied warranties.
While not perfect, the Chevette is now an antique classic. It's condition is very good to excellent, and it is as clean as the pictures illustrate.
Bid what you can afford and are willing to pay for the very nice "survivor", one owner with super low mileage, 1979 Chevy Chevette 5 door hatchback that you see before you.
Thanks for looking and good luck when you bid!