1966 Chevrolet Corvette Base Convertible 2-Door 5.3L
Price: US $26,100.00 Item location: Kamuela, Hawaii, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Corvette
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: Base Convertible 2-Door
- Year: 1966
- Mileage: 27,100
- VIN: 194675S119132
- Color: Ermine White
- Engine size: 5.3L 5358CC 327Cu. In. V8 GAS OHV Naturally Aspirated
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Powerglide 2 speed automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Bright Blue
- Options: Power Steering., Hard Top, Luggage Rack, Teak Steering Wheel, AM/FM Radio with Power Antenna, Knock-off Wheels, Convertible
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1966 Chevrolet Corvette1966 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray convertible with hard top.
327 CID 300 HP V8, owerglide automatic transmission, ower steering, AM/FM radio with power antenna, nock-off wheels, eak steering wheel, and luggage rack.
Matching numbers. Mileage slightly over 27k. Still has original jack and lead hammer although one side has been used. It comes with the factory seat covers to keep the occupants cool in the summer. They still look new. I have the original security plate from the first owner in the back of the factory manual and a copy of the invoice for when it was purchased new.
Everything works except the tachometer. I have replaced the tach drive gear once but it seems the distributor is the issue. Car runs great so it hasn't been a priority. Paint has a few minor imperfections but is still glossy and in incredible shape. The washer bottle is old and brittle so I don't keep any liquid in it but the pump runs fine. The only part that has been replaced and should not have been is the carburetor. It's still the correct size Holley but it has an electric choke, ot the factory manifold choke.
Things I've done:
* Garage kept and covered for the entire time I've owned it.
* Only oil with sacrificial metals used (lucas high zinc) and not just off the shelf stuff.
* New brake calipers all the way around. They are notorious for leaking if not replaced as the factory ones were made from inferior metals. New master cylinder as well.
* Added small electric fan on the radiator. (Does not interfere with factory setup and is not spliced into factory wiring)
* New alternator.
* Lead additive with every fill up.
This car is in amazing condition.
Options for this car (as listed by Hagerty):
Powerglide 2 speed automatic. -10%
Hard Top +$3700
Knock-off wheels +$10000
Teak wood steering wheel +$2200
Power Steering +$2500
Luggage Rack (no price listed)
AM/FM radio (no price listed but it was a more expensive option then the automatic
transmission when it was new)