1979 Chevy Van
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: G20 Van
- SubModel: G20 Panel Van Shorty
- Type: Van Camper Conversion
- Trim: Shorty
- Year: 1979
- Mileage: 49,958
- VIN: CGL2590125477
- Color: Hot Rod Black Flat Primer
- Engine size: V8 - 350
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Brown
- Drive side: Right-hand drive
- Options: Sunroof
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1979 Chevrolet G20 Van Shorty
WE'RE BACK! PAST WINNING BIDDER DIDN'T HAVE THE MONEY TO SHIP.
HIGHEST OFFER SO FAR: $5,399. PRICE REDUCED AGAIN.
WHAT YOU GET:
Â· NEW GAS TANK
Â· LOTS OF EXTRAS, I.E.: SUN VISOR, NEW DASH BOARD, HORN, CURTAINS SHOWN, NEW CARPETS, NEW BED & CAPTAINS SHAIRS, NEW SUNROOF, PANELING TOP AND SIDE, INSULATION (SEE PHOTOS AND VIDEO LINK)
Â·NEW FRONT TIRES
Â· NEW BATTERY
Â· NEW ENGINE GASKET - ALL FLUIDS REPLACED- RUNS GREAT!
Â· NEW PAINT (EXTERIOR)
* MUCH MORE!
- ****This is a very rare 1979 Chevy van that will increase in value as soon as it becomes a true classic in a few years. It's a 1/4 ton panel van, no windows rear or sides - this is what makes it rare and hard to find.
- If you want to jump in and use it now, it run's great and mechanic gave the V8 engine a good bill of health.
- New paint is bubbling in places, but it's fine for now.
INVESTMENTS: (From actual receipts)
- Van purchase price $3,000.00
- Reno Auto Body Body work & paint $2,000.00
- LMC Truck Grille molding upper, grille molding lower chrome. $140.00
- Les Schwab Tires 225/60R-15 All seasons (2) $225.36
- Pick n Pull Bench seats (2), Captains Chairs (2), dash assembly, lights, light lens (2), hood vent. $214.19
- Pick n Pull Parts Parts: outside door mirrors, vent panel, interior panels, engine cover, console cover, column collar.$282.83
- Oreilly Auto Parts New Battery June, 2018 $98.00 Community Tire Center R & R valve cover caskets, thermostat / housing, change transmission fluid & filter, power flush transmission, R & R radiator, thermostat and gasket, transmission filter kit, new radiator. $800.00
- Lowes High quality sound and weather insulation for inside walls and roof. Paneling for walls & ceiling. New ceiling tiles. $150.00
- LMC Truck Brand new seat belts $89.00
- Harbour Freight Body primer and bondo $160.00
- Hobby Lobby Faux leather fabric for all side panels, curtains, curtain wire, faux fur rear seat covers (2) $230.00
- Oâ€™reilly Auto Parts New wiper blades $21.36 Primary Items
- Investment in this vehicle for you: $7,410.74 ++ $10K total for carpet and interior build-out. We won't let it go for under $5K as we have medical expenses from an unexpected illness.
- THIS IS A GREAT VAN FOR THE PRICE!!!!
- ================================================What it still needs: 1. new door locks. Cabin and side doors lock but I just broke the rear door lock. Key entry works from passenger side door until fixed. 2. Busshings ($50) 3. Used front Bezel ($10) - drivers side door will lock from the inside only. 4. We have all weather stripping purchased except for the front window.
CHEVY VAN HISTORY:
The Chevrolet and GMC G-Series vans were made by General Motors for North America.
The G20 and its counterparts replaced the original Chevrolet Corvair Greenbrier Van which was manufactured until 1965.
G20s were fitted with the ball joints from the Chevrolet/GMC Â¾- and 1-ton pickups although using the Â½ ton pickup's brake rotors.
The G20's low cost of upkeep, size, and options have made this van popular with all different kinds of trades, from plumbers to caterers. In 1971, ChevyVan received a major redesign, moving the engine forward of the driver with a short nose and hood.
The van was constructed of a unibody style frame and employed stronger truck style hubs and brakes with dual A-Arm independent front suspension. The major restyle followed the engine-forward design of the competing 1968 Ford Econoline.
Suspension and steering parts came from the Chevrolet C/K. GMC now marketed their vans under the VanDura name. These models between 78 and 95 were popular with Van conversions such as Curtis and Starcraft.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------It's a blast to own! Good luck to the highest bidderOn Jun-18-18 at 09:39:35 PDT, seller added the following information:
Note: We wanted to make sure we covered a few more things we can think of: There is a scrape on the right hand side of the window from the previous owners windshield wiper. We're sure it can be buffed out by a pro. But if you are restoring you will want a new front windshield and new window seals anyway.Also, the engine cover's utility cover will need brackets so that it stays on the engine cover. We put in new weather stripping all around, including sliding door.We hope to find a new owner who will continue its restoration. There is not that much further to go. CABINET SHOWN IS FOR SHOW AND IS NOT INCLUDED IN VAN PRICE. A new engine would make this a pretty badass little van. Please, if you have any questions, e-mail us. Winning bidder responsible for all shipping costs and shipping arrangements. Thank you.