1953 Chevrolet Townsman Tin Woody Wagon
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Townsman Wagon
- Type: Wagon
- Trim: Townsman Tin Woody
- Year: 1953
- Mileage: 999,999
- VIN: 1305391818
- Color: Green
- Engine size: 383 Stroker- EFI
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: FWD
- Interior color: Green / Tan
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1953 Chevrolet Townsman Wagon Townsman Tin Woody
1953 CHEVY TOWNSMAN "TIN WOODY" WAGON - 4 DR
In 1953, Chevrolet produced 3 station wagons, a 210 Townsman, 210 Handyman and a 150 Handyman. The Chevy Townsman wagon, affectionately referred to as the "Tin Woody" was Chevrolet's most expensive, limited production, top-of-the-line trim packaged wagon. What made the Chevrolet Townsmanwagon unique is that the front ends resembled the iconic "Bel Air" as did the side trim. However, the sides and rear panel was Chevy's last attempt at duplicating a "True Wood" car.
This beautiful car has the timeless appearance and feelof the original looking Townsman, but has been restored with modern high performance, engine, transmission, driveline, suspension and slightly altered appearance. Anicely well done, " Restomodded car.
This car has gone through its transition over the last 10 years, and has only been completed recently, with the final addition of its new Diamond whitewalls being the topper in its evolution.
At this time the car has apprx 200 miles or less on the engine, suspension, driveline, paint, and interior work,
Please feel free to contact me to discuss in detail the car, and I hope the pictures show enough of the beauty and agelessness of this " Cool" wagon. Below I have tried to hit the bullet points of the cars options and information. I look forward to future discussions. I have more and more pictures showing interior, ex, misc..... can only due 24
- 425 HP 383 Stroker with high performance aluminum heads
- Fast-EFI - System ( for performance and ease of starting)
- Edelbrock Endura-Shine intake
- Edelbrock Endura-Shine Carburator
- Billet Specialties Polished Complete Pulley System
- Billet Specialties Polished Air Cleaner,
- Billet Specialties Radiator Overflow
- Billet Specialties Valve Covers and Wire Looms
- Steel Braided Line with BSP Hose Ends
- Be Cool Polished Aluminum Radiator with Chromed electric fan
- MSD Polished Distributer
- New Polished Mini Starter
- Sanderson Ceramic Coated Headers
- Flowmaster dual exhaust
- 350 Turbo Auto 3- Speed
SUSPENSION- DRIVELINE- REAR END:
- Heidts New Front End Rack and Pinion with Wildwood Disc Brakes
- New Shocks and coil overs
- 9 inch Rear End
TIRES / WHEELS:
- New Diamond Whitewalls - 3 inch with Period correct- GM "spiked" hubs
- New Loop Tan Carpet and Matching Mats
- New Tan Suede Headliner
- New Chromed tailgate/ hatch slats / end caps, hood hinges / hood latch / hood crossbar
- Chromed Dash Parts
- All glass is in excellent condition, all chrome is either newly done or in excellent condition
- Stereo- Is a Bluetooth amp (REAUDIO) with pioneer sub / speakers -box can be unplugged for removal at anytime.
NOTE: Car color(s) are 1953 Chevy Sea Green (body)and Chevy Emerald Green Metallic (top) The car was repainted (2) times in the last few years, the top was redone due to a careless admirer who put 2 "elbow" indents on top, so we had the entire top repainted, the main body after all engine work, front end work etc we had the body redone as well, all since 2014 (* Car was stored in climate controlled warehouseafter all that work was completed until late 2017 )
* I recently saw on rear bumper after visit to tire shop a small scratch on rear bumper's corner in rear? It would take a great eye to notice but I did, and I will deduct from winning bidder $ 500.00 to have this fixed.
** Pictures show a teak rack and a Robert August ( color matching ) surfboard that can be sold with car, options for this to be discussed by buyer and seller.
This a great car, not flawless but very close, it has been a pleasure to own,work on, and enjoy.
Its now time to pass along to a new owner who we hope will have years and years of enjoyment, this is almost a " one of a kind" experience, and as an woody owner said, " This is a "NICE CHEVY WOODY"
Again please do not HESITATE to call me to discuss car is in Napa Californiaand has been for 10 year, it is currently registered in Oregon with Oregon Heritage Plates.....LOREN (707) 337-6894
PLEASE NOTE WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO END AUCTION EARLY AS CAR IS LISTED FOR SALE LOCALLY AND OPENLY
LOREN (707) 337-6894