1970 Chevrolet Chevy Impala Custom Original Survivor 55,000 Miles Sport Coupe
Price: US $11,700.00 Item location: Gloversville, New York, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Impala
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: Custom
- Year: 1970
- Mileage: 55,000
- Color: Green
- Engine size: 350 V8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Green
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1970 Chevrolet Impala CustomI am selling a really nice ORIGINAL UN-RESTORED SURVIVOR 1970 Chevrolet Impala 2dr sport coupe. I am the second owner of this time capsule, and it has always been maintained and kept inside when not being used! It has NOT been winter driven in salt and snow, and still looks great! Still has original body panels, floor boards etc., and is not scaly underneath. It hasbeen driven just under 55,000 careful miles since new in Spring of 1970! First owner was in his early 90's when he gaveup driving.
This Impala still wears most of its original paint, and has its original vinyl roof, interior, and bright trim. Body color is Code 45 Emerald Mist; vinyl top and interior are Dark Sherwood Green. Under the hood and in the trunk are also completely original; I don't think the original spare tire has ever been used! The interior and vinyl roof are completely original and immaculate! No rips, tears, and dash is not cracked. The exterior paint has some minor imperfections, as you would expect, but still holds a nice shine and is very presentable, especially considering we are talking about a car that is nearly 50 years old! It is equipped with a 350/2bbl V8, automatic transmission, power steering, power brakes, and AM radio.
Mechanically, this car is amazing! It is tight, smooth, quiet, and powerful. Engine runs strong, transmission shifts crisply, it rides and drives probably not much differently than it did in 1970! With the warm weather, I have been driving it quite regularly, including a 215 mile trip a couple weeks ago with no issues at all! I have been averaging 17 to 18 MPG on regular 87 octane pump gas! Recent updates and maintenance have included: New tires, alternator, muffler, battery, water pump, cooling system flush, antifreeze, and state inspection. I would not be afraid to drive this beauty anywhere! I also have the original paperwork for the car, including owner's manual, Protecto-Plate, and original bill of sale.
About me: I collect nice original Survivor cars, and have done so for many years. I am selling this one out of my collection to make room for a new addition. I live in upstate New York, about half way between Albany and Utica. I can be reached at the following numbers:
518 - 604 - 4093 (Landline)
704 - 661 - 1326 (Cell)
Please note: Cell service is very spotty in the area where I live. Of course, when I am out and about, cell works fine. It is best to call both numbers, and leave word at both. I will call you back ASAP. Also, NO TEXTS, CALLS ONLY! Neither of my phones will accept text messages.
NOW FOR THE RULES: PLEASE READ! VERY IMPORTANT!
1. Your bid is a binding contract! Please ask and get satisfactory answers to all questions, BEFORE you bid! Make sure your money is in place, and you have the approval of your significant other, mechanic, expert, etc. BEFORE you bid!
2. A NON REFUNDABLE partial payment in the amount of$500 is due through Pay Pal when you bid. Again, please make sure you intendto complete the deal BEFORE bidding.
3. New York State does NOT issue titles for motor vehicles manufactured 1972 model year and back. Instead, proof of ownership is a transferrable registration card that is signed over on the back to the new owner just like a title(just a smaller piece of paper). I have this paperworkin my personal name, and there are no liens.
4. Car and paperwork will not leave here until paid in full with collected funds. The best way to accomplish this is by bank wire transfer. It is safe, and there is a paper trail that protects both buyer and seller. Due to increasing fraud of money orders andbank checks, carand paperwork will not be released until these clear (as much as 10 business days). If you pick up car in person, you must bring cash, or previously have had payment clear my bank.
5. International buyers are welcome, but again, payment must be cleared before car or paperwork will be released to shipping agent. International bank wire transfer works best for this.
6. Car must be paid for in full within 7 days of successful bid. If final payment is not made within that time, I reserve the right to re-list car for sale, and your partial payment will be forfeited.
7. If you need extra time to have car picked up, that is fine. Car can stay here for reasonable time until you or your shipper can make arrangements. However, car must still be paid for within the 7 days outlined above. Also, make sure you have insurance arranged as I cannot and will not be responsible for damage or theft, acts of God, etc. beyond my control.
8. Please understand that car is sold at my premises. Transportation is your responsibility and your expense. I will do whatever I reasonably can to help you and/or your transporter, but it is still your responsibility.
9. Please call me at the following numbers with any questions or clarifications BEFORE you bid (CALLS ONLY, NO TEXTS):
518 - 604 - 4093 Landline
704 - 661 - 1326Cell
Again, remember, cell service is hit and miss, so be sure to call both and leave word at both.
I am sorry for all the rules, but there have been quite a few non paying bidders on Ebay, and I want to be fair to all. It seems that 5% of difficult people seem to spoil things for the 95% who are great! Thanks for looking!