A CHEVY FOR THE PURIST!
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Bel Air/150/210
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: 2-DR HTP
- Year: 1955
- Mileage: 600
- VIN: 0317282F55F
- Color: Harvest Gold/India Ivory
- Engine size: 265 V8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Neptune Green
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1955 Chevrolet Bel Air/150/210 2-DR HTP
From the estate of a California engineer who bought the car used in San Diego in 1966 and drove it home to Whittier. The odometer showed approximately 69,000 miles when it was parked in 1968. In 2004, when the Chevy was delivered to Keith Fox, Merlin's Rods & Customs in Lubbock, Texas for a frame-off restoration, the owner decided not to reset the speedometer because he considered that to be the actual mileage to that point. Since the restoration was completed in 2017, six hundred miles were added to the little gemas the 91 year old ownerenjoyed driving the car tohis place of birthfor a visit, several car shows, and even an appearance at his Sunday School class where the 55 was a BIGhit.
Super nice frame off restoration to factory specs. A Chevy for the purist!
* GARAGED, NEVER DRIVEN IN RAIN, NEW CAR COVER
* 600 MILES SINCE FRAME OFF RESTORATION
* FACTORY POWER STEERING
* FACTORY OIL BATH AIR CLEANER
* ORIGINAL WORKING AM RADIO
* FACTORY CORRECT UPHOLSTERY
* 5 NEW 6.70 X 15 WIDE WHITEWALL TIRES
* EXCELLENT CHROME & STAINLESS
* NEW TINTED GLASS
* PAINT: EXTERIOR - HARVEST GOLD/INDIA IVORY
* INTERIOR - NEPTUNE GREEN
* POWDER-COATED FRAME
* DELCO MAINTENANCE FREE BATTERY
At the request of one Ebayer I called Keith Fox to ask about body panels or rust in the 55. Keith said absolutely no patch panels needed on the car. Always a Southern California car garaged for most of its life, the nicest 55 Chevy he has ever restored and he has seen a bunch of them. Bid with confidence, this is nice car!