1987 Chevy R-10 - Custom Deluxe - 44,889 original miles! 305 V-8 Automatic!
Price: US $12,000.00 Item location: Newark, Delaware, United States
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: C-10
- Type: Standard Cab Pickup
- Trim: Custom Deluxe
- Year: 1987
- Mileage: 43,889
- VIN: 1gcer14h9hf391904
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 305
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Power Locks
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Red
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: CD Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1987 Chevrolet C-10 Custom DeluxeThis is an original 1987 Chevrolet R-10 Custom Deluxe pick up truck. It was owned by the State of Delaware since new. My son and I bought it as a fixer upper first vehicle because it was in such good condition. Unfortunately, he has lost interest in it.
This mileage is documented via state of Delaware records and the auction papers. It was used by a school district as a bus support vehicle. It had 2 jerry can brackets in the bed, but no cans. The brackets were removed. Please see the pics.
The original transmission was a 4 speed granny gear so wedecided to install a completely rebuilt 700R4 automatic transmission. A very good friend of mine did the rebuild and I know that it has been done correctly. There is less than 1000 miles on the rebuild!
As we were swapping out the trans, we found out that the rear end bearings were shot. So we decided to rebuild the rear with all new bearings and gears. Originally the truck had 2.72 (we calculated) gears to compensate for the granny gear, but we decided to change that to a 3.73 posi rear end. This truck kicks it from the gate! Not a dragster but does good out of the gate.
Beyond this work, here is everything else that was done:
- New brake calipers, rotors, pads, and brake lines on the front
- Rebuilt rear shoes, drums and cylinders on the rear. Brake lines were in good condition.
- Rebuilt rear (as above) along with diff cover.
- Powder coated rear brake drums (I own a powder coating shop)!
- Powder coated original rims - Look at the pics!!! Center caps are all original and look great. New tires on top of that!
- Rebuilt 700 R4 auto trans with shifter. Had to cut a new hole in the floor pan and we reinforced it with 1/8" flat bar steel. Original granny gear shifter hole covered with a custom made sealed gasket.
- New custom built and balanced drive shaft
- New radiator with transmission cooler. All new custom fabricated cooler lines installed from the trans to the cooler.
- New distributor, cap and rotor along with plugs and wires
- Powder coated air filter housing and new air filter
- Oil filter and oil changed
- New front shocks
- BRAND NEW TIRES!!!! - The tires that were on it had good tread, but the date code showed they were from 2010, so we replaced them. Please see the pictures. We have documentation.
- Recovered bench seat - vinyl
- New dash pad cover
- Painted door panels
- New rubber floor mat with sound pad. Not the best installation to be honest.
- Driver side floor pan replaced. To be honest, this was not the best job, but I used stainless sheet that I had sitting around. Had to bend and weld some parts along the rocker as well. All custom but not OEM. Sorry about that!
- New Inner fender wells and splash shields on both driver and passenger sides.
- Replaced headlight adjustment screws and hardware. We adjusted them to factory specs!
- New headlight retaining rings
- Pioneer single DIN CD player with bluetooth microphone, spotify, pandora, etc. We installed 6" coax in the doors and 6x9 triax in boxes behind the seats. Sounds great!!
- Power door lock actuators installed. They work great!
- New weatherstripping on all door and window frames!
- Passenger side triangle window was replaced along with the hardware. Hardware was fine, but I F-d up and it broke. That was an expensive mistake!! Put new glass and new hardware in it.
- Oh yeah....the rear bumper was powder coated in a chrome/clear! It's not chrome, but looks pretty close!!! The bumper hardware was also powder coated with a zinc rich primer and a black top coat. It wont rust out in our lifetime!!!
Please feel free to email with any questions. This truck is in extremely good condition.
We will assist in finding transportation, but the buyer is responsiblefor arranging and paying for everything outside of this auction.
A $1000 non-refundable deposit is due within 24 hours of this auction closing.
Please don't bid if you aren't serious.