1972 Chevrolet 4x4 CK 2500 Pickup K2500 C20 3/4 ton Four Wheel Drive
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: C/K Pickup 2500
- Type: LONG BOX
- Trim: CK 2500 K2500 C20
- Year: 1972
- Mileage: 10,650
- VIN: CKE242F148610
- Color: YELLOW
- Engine size: 350 V8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: 4 WHEEL DRIVE
- Interior color: YELLOW
- Options: 4-Wheel Drive, CD Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1972 Chevrolet C/K Pickup 2500
1972 Chevrolet 4x4 CK 2500 Pickup K2500 C20 ¾ Ton
Beautiful 1972 Chevy CK2500 4x4. I'm relisting this because the idiot who "won" the auction decided he wanted to cancel at the last minute. 10,650 miles on rebuild. 350 engine, inch lift kit, ir conditioned, utomatic transmission with custom Feather River tilt steering wheel and Dolphin electric gauge package in chrome billet dash, ustom logo upholstery, ustom pin striping., iamond plate tailgate and bed caps, hrome panels on doors and wheel wells. Starts right up with a throaty roar, uns great, nd drives tight and solid. Doors, indows, ailgate are all straight and tight, indows roll up and down, nbsp; AC is cold. Body panels and hood (see pics) are all straight. You can drive it away from my house and travel across the country without any worries.
I purchased this in 2011, nd have put less than 4000 miles on it. Always garaged, ut it's been covered and stored the last 18 months. I’m selling it only
because I’m downsizing in every way, don’t drive it anymore, nd I have nowhere to keep it except in storage.
Previous owner put $16,000 into rebuilding this truck and I have put an additional $5100 into it. I have the list of all that was done to it with most of the
What I have done with the truck in the last 4 years / 3000 miles:
· Put on a little over 3000 miles and >$5100 in service & rebuilds:
· 6/13: $2400 front differential /axle replaced + seals replacement / ball joints replaced / valve cover gaskets replaced / alignment
· 7/13: $2000 transmission and transfer case rebuild / service in 2013
· 10/12: $545 suspension work, ights / turn signal switches replaced and rewired
What previous owner did pre-2011:
· $16,000 in rebuilds and upgrades, ncluding:
· Front hubs, ront rotors and brakes
· Steering pump
· Gear box
· Fan clutch and fan belts
· Vintage Air conditioning system
· Chrome Dolphin Gauges set in Chrome billet dash
· Feather River chrome tilt steering column and steering wheel
· 3 point seat belts
· 700-R transmission with rebuilt transfer case
· I’m not sure of the gearing, ut the truck cruises down the highway at 70mph turning about 2300 – 2400 RPM
· Edelbock 1406 carburetor
· 350 engine
· Custom Upholstery: Chevy logo headliner, oor panels, nd seat
· 6 inch lift kit
· 17” Weld Racing Wheels w/ BF Goodrich All Terrain TA LT235 / 70R17 tires with good tread
· Sony CD Player with really nice sound (Radio antennae is not hooked up so no AM / FM)
· Included is a one-piece window kit, ith felt and seals. I never installed it because I like the original windows with triangle wing windows better.
It’s a beautiful, ight, mooth running and riding truck, ith $21,000 of upgrades and service in the last 10,000 miles. You can’t drive this anywhere without
some guy coming up to check it out and tell you how sweet it is. Even a carload of gangsters gave me the thumbs up one night. You can fly in, o Spokane,
turn the key, nd drive it all the way back home across the US without any problems.
So what’s not perfect?
· The seals around the side windows and doors could use replacing.
· The paint on the truck is fading. It is single stage paint without a clear coat, o it can appear cloudy or splotchy if it’s not kept clean. There’s nothing
necessarily wrong with it, t just needs to be kept very clean to be shiny.
· When the manual transmission was replaced with an automatic transmission, he floorboard was replaced / covered where the stick shift came through, ut
the old carpet wasnot replaced. Hence, keep the black console thing over that spot (see the pics). It’s a simple fix if you want to fix it – new carpet – and no one will notice, ut Iwant you to know about it.
· There are a couple of rust areas on the inside bottom of the doors (a very common spot with these 43 year old trucks). They are pictured. Easily repaired
butyou need to be aware.
· There is a touched up spot just left of the tailgate handle (see pic), here it was bondo-ed before it was painted.
· There are 4 small cracks around the tailgate handle: very common with the tailgate handle on these trucks. See pics.
· The old spray-on / painted over bed liner is cracked in several places. While it appears that the bed is rusted, t’s actually discoloration of the old liner.
· There are a few small holes inside the cab behind and above the rear window, here some numb nuts mounted (apparently) a gun rack.
It’s a beautiful, mooth-running, ight truck with more than $20,000 in upgrades, ebuilds, nd repairs in the last few years. I have virtually all of the receipts
and records. It’s not quite “best in show” quality, ut it’s awfully nice. What it really wants is to be driven every day and admired. I’m not a mechanic,
but I’ll try to answer your questions as best I can.
Buyer will arrange and pay for shipping, f required. I will deliver it to a local destination to be picked up for shipping if you choose. Spokane, A airport is
very easy to get to from anywhere in the US, nd I can pick you up from the airport. You will need to put an immediate Paypal deposit of $750 if you win the
auction, nd the remainder must be in CASH or Cashier’s Check (which I will verify as genuine by contacting the issuing bank and my own bank before
handing over the keys). If you a zero or negative rating, on't bother.