Barn find 69 Corvette rare L71 427/435 original survivor Monza Red
Price: - Item location: Kemmerer, Wyoming, United States
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Corvette
- SubModel: Stingray
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: COUPE
- Doors: 2
- Year: 1969
- Mileage: 0
- VIN: 194379S725254
- Color: Red
- Engine size: Big Block
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Red
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1969 Chevrolet Corvette COUPEToo many projects so letting one go.
I've had this Corvette tucked away in the back of my garage for the last 5 years. I believe it is a "1 of 1" 1969 Corvette. Still containing its original 427 435hp motor and hooked to its original, ultra rare, TH400. This is a special build "high shift point" transmission. These transmissions were ONLY placed behind L71/L89, L88 & ZL1. With a slightly "higher stall" 6 bolt torque converter and full throttle shifts at 6500 rpm it made this combo a contender at the drag races in the late 60's.
Unfortunately, we are in the days of more fake L71's existing than GM ever built. People re-stamp blocks, fake paperwork...you name it...to recreate one of the ultra rare and thus more valuable 435hp tripower cars, so the fact that "CY" code transmissions WERE ONLY placed behind solid lifter motors (L71/L88/ZL1), unlike the 4 speeds, the trans proves this to be a real L71.
- Out of 38,762 corvettes built in 1969 only 2,722 were optioned with the L71 427/435 motor.
- Out of those 2,722 only 255 came with the high shift point TH400 transmission.
- Out of those 255 how many were Monza red?
- With 10 colors available, lets say 10% were red. That's 26 cars.
- Of the 26, how many had all of the following :
- N40 Power Steering
- J50 Power Brakes
- A31 Power Windows
- C50 Rear Window Defrost (very rare at 2,485 out of 38,762)
- "407" Red Vinyl Interior
- G81 Posi Axle
- K66 Transistor Ignition System
- U79 AM/FM Radio Stereo (rare highest radio option 4,114 out of 38,762)
- A01 Tinted Windows
- A82 Headrests
- U15 Speed Warning Indicator (rare at 3,561 out of 38,762)
- Block 3963512, 4 bolt main. Date code F-17-9
- Right Head 3964291. Date code F-4-9
- Left Head 3964291. Date code F-4-9
- Exhaust Manifold (left) 3690827
- Exhaust Manifold (right) 3880828
- Posi Differential 1AW62469W (HD 3.08). Date code F-24-9
- Engine Pad T0711LX 19S725254
- M40 Transmission (CY code) 19S725254
- Approximate car assembly date would be G-24-69
I oiled the cylinders and motor rotated freely but plan on full rebuild during restoration its almost 50 years old.
This is one of the last high horse 427's built. 454's were a few months away.
Notice the 6 bolt converter and tri-power throttle linkage bracket still in place.
Clear Wyoming title in my name.This is a project car needing full restoration. Sold in 'as-is' condition, so please contact me for any additional information you may need.A $500 deposit by Paypal within 24 hours of auction close and balance (by cash or wire transfer) due before car is shipped/collected.
see my other auctions for 1969 corvette parts