1 Owner 40 years 1974 Corvette Stingray - A True Survivor - $1000's Under Book!
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Corvette
- SubModel: Stingray
- Type: Coupe
- Year: 1974
- Mileage: 74,124
- VIN: 1Z37J4S423875
- Engine size: 350V8 - 270 ft-lbs
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Options: Tilt Wheel, Theft Deterrent Systems
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1974 Chevrolet CorvetteThis beautiful Stingray is a True Survivor! One owner loved and cared for this car over 40 years since purchased new. And you can tell by the low mileage - 74,025 miles (documented and proven with service receipts!), and fine condition.
Factory equipped with the L-48 engine, 350 cubic inches, 4 barrel carburetor, and 270 lb-ft torque, Turbo-Hydramatic Transmission. Factory power steering, power brakes, power windows, factory air, AM/FM radio, T- Tops, tilt wheel, and factory theft deterrent. Car starts, drives, stops, excellent - runs like a champ.
* As a survivor, she is about 95% original, no accidents, never raced or beaten on.
* Have spent about $4,000 last few years, have the receipts along with complete receipts for decades of maintenance.
* New Flowmaster Exhaust, stainless and sounds awesome! Have receipt
* Complete Ignition tune up including cap, rotor, wires, coil, condenser, plugs - fires up great! Have receipts
* New Stainless brake lines, rotors, and pads, complete brake service, have receipts
* New radiator and hoses, have receipt
* Has original ignition shielding
* Has beauty rings and caps in excellent shape - these are expensive to find, and these are the ones that came with the car
* One excellent, professional repaint was done and the car comes with a trophy for best paint at a local auto show.
* Well maintained and cared for for over 40 years!!
* She comes with her original window sticker, original sales receipt, original owner's manual, and original dealer brochure from 1974!!
* I have a color copy of the Original Title
* Full service history going back decades is included
* Exterior is perfect, very minor wear on interior, probably less than the car you're driving now
This car runs and drives excellent, and... this car SOUNDS AWESOME !!!
Tires are very good, at least 80% tread. Only minimal surface rust on frame underneath. No rust on birdcage, none around windshield frame.
Hagerty values this car up to $30,200 in perfect condition, and $20,900 in very good condition. NADA values this car at $20,800 average condition. This car is a survivor, well above average condition, fully documented and has reserve set SEVERAL thousands below Average Blue Book. If you wish to make me a "buy it now" offer, contact me directly and I can accept your offer and end the auction by awarding the car to you for the agreed price.
Notable Imperfections: The factory AM/FM radio works, but receives only the stronger signals where I live, sound quality is less than modern cars. The bottom of the door cards are scuffed. The top of one rubber gasket is damaged on the Passenger A-pillar, where the T-Top clamp has scuffed it. Front badge, some of the red color has flaked off.
It is a very striking car - well maintained and well documented…one of the nicest examples of an unrestored survivor in existence.
I purchased the car in 2014 from the original owner, a friend of mine. I have all of his original documents, keys, sales slip, title showing sale date of 4/25/1974, maintenance receipts, etc plus receipts for the approx $4,000 that I spent to make sure ignition, brakes, exhaust, carburetor, and cooling all function as they should. You can get in this car and drive it for hours with no problem, or you can show it and likely win awards for originality and excellent original condition. I have decided to sell the car due to the recent purchase of another collector car.This is a private sale offered directly by the owner. The title is clean and clear, in my name.
The C3 Corvettes have been value priced for a long time and still are. As the chrome bumper cars are shooting up so quickly, they are also pulling up these, the first year after chrome.I cannot think of any other vintage, high end, sports car inthis kind of condition,at this price point. This particular car will be an exceptional investment due to the documentation that is included.
Inspection by your mechanic at your expense is encouraged but only prior to the end of the auction. You can not win the auction and then decide if you want the car. We can offer any additional pictures of any detail for interested parties. I have a professional lift in my garage and we can also offer a live walk-around session via Skype to look closely at any detail you'd care to see. There are no excuses with this car and it will not disappoint!
Cash, Certified Check and Wire Transfer are acceptable forms of payment once funds are verified (clear in bank account). Paypal acceptable for deposit only.
Offered at $16,900.Please contact Pete @ 815-260-0102 or through ebay email. Thank you so much for your interest!On Feb-25-18 at 17:52:24 PST, seller added the following information:
Update: you can see and hear the car in these 3 short videos I just made for an interested party.
Also, mileage is now around 72,200 because I drove the car to Milwaukee and back today. Runs great, sounds mean and tough - deeper pitch exhaust note than late model Vettes. Feel free to contact me with questions. Thanks for bidding!