1974 Chevy Nova SS 383 Stroker restored
Price: US $11,000.00 Item location: Huntsville, Alabama, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Nova
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: SS
- Year: 1974
- Mileage: 92,148
- VIN: 1X27H4K102834
- Color: Purple
- Engine size: 383 Stroker
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1974 Chevrolet Nova SS
- 1974 Chevy Nova SS
- Rebuilt 383 Stroker engine with Edelbrock aluminum heads and Holly 650 carb. You will never sneak up on anybody in this car.
- Engine is 4-bolt main, runs on premium unleaded and the admiring attention of strangers at gas stations.
- Originally 4-speed manual - has TCI turbo 400 manual valve body trans with 2500 stall converter, now functions as automatic with B&M ratchet shifter in center console in case you want to blow somebody's doors off coming off the line.
- GM 12-bolt rear end with 3.37 posi-traction unit
- Painted in PPG paint color "Radar Blue" - metallic purple/blue
- Original Georgia car - no rust - restored in late 1990s and stored in airplane hangar outside Detroit, only used in warmer months - purchased and drove down to Alabama in 2015
- New Moroso oil pan and pump in 2017, new ignition coil, also new head gaskets, battery, plug wires, general maintenance and TLC
- Fair warning: valves need umbrella seal work, priced out at $300-600. Getting the oil pressure back up where it should be revealed the issue, and I don't have the time or facilities to get it done. Can't offer a top speed test drive because of this - sorry. Currently drivable below 45ish unless you want to start burning oil.
- ~92,000 original miles on odometer, ~7000 since restoration
- All paperwork since restoration on file - parts, dates, etc.
- Fun, SOLID car - would keep it if I could - just need to downsize to move out of state
- Located in Huntsville, AL
- Photos from previous listing in 2015, nothing cosmetic has changed
- Title is from Michigan, received upon purchase - no Alabama title; the state does not issue them for vehicles over 35 years old