1972 CHEVROLET CHEVY C20 3/4 TON 600?HP 454 TURBO 400 410 POSI DETROIT LOCKER
Price: US $44,999.00 Item location: Beaverton, Oregon, United States
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: C/K Pickup 2500
- Type: Standard Cab Pickup
- Year: 1972
- Mileage: 14,106
- VIN: CCS142Z170213
- Color: Cop Caller Viper Red
- Engine size: Custom Built 454 Chevy Big Block
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Power Seats
- Fuel: Premium Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic (Racing Turbo 400)
- Drive type: RWD (2 Wheel Detroit 410 Locker)
- Interior color: Gold/Black/Red
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: Dodge Ram Electric Seat w/ Console, Super Competition Racing Exhaust Headers, Hooker Aero Chamber Mufflers, Dual Exhaust Pipes w/H Pipe, Edelbrock Proflow Computerized Fuel Injection, Gun Rack Bin Behind Seat Storage, 4 Core Radiator w/Electric Fans, 6 Quart Oil Pan, Blistein Heavy Duty Shocks, Front and Rear Extra Large Sway Bars, 454 w/ Edelbrock Roller Cam RPM Heads 600?HP, Plush Premium Carpeting/Logo Mats/High Hump Cover, 5 Matching Wheels/Tires 265/75/16 Michelin, Towing Package w/ Standard RV 7 Pin Plug, Factory Power Steering and Brakes/Heater/No Radio, Detroit Locker POSI 410 1 Ton Eaton HO52 Rear End, Tanks Inc 70 Chevelle 21 Gal Under Bed Fuel Tank, 1000HP In tank fuel pump & Isspro tube sender, TURBO 400w/Shift Kit, Clutches, Sprag, 2200 RPM TC
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1972 Chevrolet C/K Pickup 2500This is my finally finished--is any project ever really finished?-- project I used at local high schools for teaching auto shop in local high schools-- and personal enjoyment--about 15 years in the making. It has a 1972 Chevrolet Chassis and Cab and a 1967 Nose--and a way built 1977 454.
CLEAR TITLE IN MY NAME
BEFORE BIDDING OR OFFERING PLEASE READ CAREFULLY, ASK QUESTIONS, STUDY THE PICTURES--THE DEPOSIT IS NON-REFUNDABLE.
PLEASE ALSO READ THE STORE RULES BELOW.
OK--here are some more details on equipment--FIRST THING YOU NEED TO KNOW IS THAT EVERYTHING WORKS, BUTNO RADIO OR A/C. This is a Heater Only Cab and the factory dash is uncut ready to mount the gauges of your choice.
OTHER IMPORTANT NOTES AND DETAILS YOU NEED TO KNOW:
1. Lokar Transmission Downshift solenoid and cable--lets you dial in a hair trigger downshift.2. Lokar Throttle (Gas Pedal to Throttle Body) Cable.3. Sensor Controlled Dual High Speed Radiator Fans From a Dodge Intrepid---fits the four core radiator and water pump pulley perfectly--temp gauge runs way below 1/2--running a 180 DegreeThermostat.4. NEW Power Brake Booster and Master Cylinder--painted epoxy black and divorced brake vacuum bottle fender mounted--used with high lift cams due to lower manifold vacuum.5. NEW high volume water pump, premium thermostat. and aluminum red radiator hoses, new red premium heater hoses.6. NEW Heater Core with a rebuilt heater box and controls--with a NEW heater blower motor.7. Rebuilt Windshield Washer motor and NEW windshield washer bottle.8. Bigger than stock premium anti-sway bars FRONT AND REAR--the rear sway bar goes from trailing arm to trailing arm to reduce fish-tailing on launch--this can be removed for the softer coil spring factory ride and handling characteristics.9.ALL Fuel lines from 20 gallon 70 Chevelle gas tank are PTFE or teflon lined--THIS MEANS YOU CAN PARK THIS VALUABLE VEHICLE INSIDE WITHOUT TODAY'S ADDITIVE LACED AND STINKY GAS SENDING HARMFUL AND DANGEROUS FUMES INTO YOUR HOME, GARAGE OR LOCKER--OR WATER HEATER OR FURNACE PILOT LIGHTS--YOUR WIFE WOULD HATE THIS TRUCK WITHOUT THESE EXPENSIVE LINES ALREADY ENGINEERED AND INSTALLED. The Tanks, Inc tank is pro installed by me with three vents: in/out/PVC valve--plus a factory double vented--IN AND OUT-- later model Chevy Truck fuel injection fuel cap--fuel fills on FAST and THROUGH THE REAR LICENSE PLATE. Way cool--and I have a custom made sheet metal plate in the glove blox to weld over the factory hole in the cab.10. The 2001 Dodge Ram Power Seat is wired into the fuse block with a Dodge factory wire.11. Alternator has been converted using pro wiring to a High Amp and Internal regulated later model Chevy application.12. The Edelbrock GM style computer has been mounted in cab just under the dash radio vent fins for weather proof cool running--all mounts have rubber feet for vibration protection.13. The Edelbrock Proflow Fuel Injection is hand held control pad controlled--I have it wired to the glove box so you can grab it and go tune -NO LAPTOP REQUIRED! ALL EDELBROCK INSTRUCTIONS INCLUDED.14. I have carefully matched Edelbrock components (2261 CAM, RPM HEADS, PROFLOW) for dialed in performance that is smooth and effortless--THIS BIG BLOCK PURRS--idles a little choppy, but scares the other drivers-- AND WILL RUIN YOU FOR OTHER VEHICLES YOU OWN.15. DUI Performance HEI Distributor with custom lengh MSD spark plug wires, new distributor cap and rotor.16. Aluminum valve covers from Mercruiser Big Block17. Gen 4 1977 454 2 Bolt Main Block--has aprox 15,000 miles since remanufactured---MACHINED WORK DONE BY ARCHIE SOMMERS, VANCOUVER,WA--with cast 10/10 crank, align bored, resized factory rods and balanced rotating assembly, Keith Black pistons +30, high volume medium pressure Melling Oil Pump, Edelbrock 2261 roller camshaft, NEW Edelbrock RPM Oval Heads that were pulled out for a three angle valve job and pro setup, HOWARD'S CAMS RACING --high dollar version --Retrofit Roller lifters, High Strength Comp Cams push rods with carefully mocked up and tested with weak springs for exact correct custom length for valve train geometry, Comp Cams Pro Magnum steel Roller Rockers. Roller Timing Chain and set with cam button for the roller cam, Have not yet gone to a DYNO--but I copied a John Lingenfelter build of 550HP and went one size bigger on the camshaft.18. The Turbo 400 is a racing trans with special clutches, a shift kit, and hardened sprag--I have also tuned it to shift with my foot on the floor. It has a Hughes 2200+ stall Torque Converter that really hooks up but gives reasonable city fuel mileage--Highway mileage was 11.7 going over Mt Hood and city is unmeasured--who cares? Lets simply say the closed loop fuel injection works perfectly.19. The Eaton One Ton Rear end is highly desirable for towing and racing as it is an old school POSI Detroit Locker that starts off with both wheels driving and has to slip going around corners--you have to learn to drive it with aprox 600 HP.20. A special word about the body and paint--the story is that a body man did all the extra work you can see for smooth sides--painted totally inside and out-- and all--and dropped dead in the forest--then it went to his brother to finish who gave up and passed it onto the original owner's son--he sold it to me when he joined the Air Force--I put everything red on my chassis--that had mechanics mostly done and took the opportunity to add the under bed fuel tank and the Dodge Ram seat, electric fans and so forth. THIS IS VERY HIGH QUALITY PAINT AND IS VERY THICK--IT REMINDS OF THE OLD GM ENAMEL FROM THE 60S--OK, but it has been is several shops and stored inside and rolled around and has some scratches and chips that are shown in the pictures towards the end of the album. Everyone that sees the paint loves it.*****SEE NOTE BELOW21. It has an aftermarket complete gauge pod with all new gauges--with the TACH option--I am not running the vacuum gauge at this time--does not seem to work well with this low vacuum engine.22. Frame was spay painted with POR15 years ago and when I installed the new body I touched it up--THIS IS NOT A FRAME OFF RESTORATION--did not need it--It was originally a corporate truck with under 100k miles--from DRY EASTERN OREGON-- that I have just keep updating. Portland, OR uses NO SALT in the winter--truck is essentially RUST FREE.
***** TO BE PERFECT AND SHOWROOM it needs some touch up, and small dent work, and I was able to get the body, door and hood seams fairly uniform, but not perfect--lets talk so you know what I know--check out my 100% Positive Feedback! I like it just fine as it is not a show truck, but a daily driver that gets improved from time to time. Just saying--if I do more paint work--remember the Trans Am Eagle?--I will paint a huge red rooster on the hood and smaller red rooster logos on the fenders as badges---YOU CAN BE THE RED ROOSTER GOING INTO TOWN LIKE NASCAR ON SATURDAY NIGHT--Just saying you will feel like this rooster every time you drive this!
Store Policies and Conditions:
PLEASE ASK ALL QUESTIONS AND ASK FOR INFORMATION OR PICTURES BEFORE BUYING OR BIDDING, OR OFFERING!
BUYER TO MAKE ALL ARRANGEMENTS FOR SHIPPING AND PICKUP OF VEHICLE--I WILL COORDINATE WITH YOU AND THE SHIPPER TO MAKE IT HAPPEN.
DEPOSIT BY PAY PAL OR MAJOR CREDIT CARD ONLY.****DEPOSIT IS NOT REFUNDABLE--DON'T WASTE MY TIME AND WE WILL HAVE A GREAT DEAL!
BALANCE PAYMENT BY YOUR BANK'S CASHIERS CHECK OR MONEY ORDER OR PERSONAL CHECK TOBE RECEIVED WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CLOSE OF AN AUCTION ITEM.
ITEMS SHIP --AFTER YOUR PAYMENTS ALL CLEAR AND ARE FINALIZED-- FROM BEAVERTON, OREGON 97008.
THIS VEHICLE IS SOLD AS IS WITH NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND AND IS NOT RETURNABLE
SHIPPING INSURANCE REQUIRED ON ALL PURCHASES AND IS INCLUDED ON FREE SHIPPING ITEMS
BUYER TO HANDLE ALL SHIPPING DAMAGE CLAIM DETAILS AS SHIPPERS MANY TIMES INSPECT THE ITEM AS RECEIVED BEFORE CLAIM SETTLEMENT.