1979 BEAUTIFUL L-82 Corvette!!! Nice Weekender!!! NO RESERVE...
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Corvette
- SubModel: L-82
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: L-82
- Year: 1979
- Mileage: 96,688
- VIN: 1Z8749S450833
- Color: RED
- Engine size: 350 CID
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Power Locks, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Red/White
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1979 Chevrolet Corvette L-82
THIS IS NOT A FLOOD CAR.
I LIVE IN N. TEXAS AREA. I OWNED THIS CAR WHEN THE HURRICANE CAME THROUGH. WE HARDLY GOT ANY RAIN. NO FLOODING. THANKS FOR THE QUESTIONS REMINDING ME TO POST THIS INFO...
There has been a LOT of interest in this car. I have been asked a lot of questions (over 70). The four main questions I keepgetting, I will answer here:
1) Has this car been wrecked before? I do not know, but I did havethe frame checked out. It isn't out of alignment. I also ran the vin (I don't mind if you do as well) buttwo different VIN reporting companies did not have info on the vin (which IS correct by the way...older cars have shorter VINs and the reporting companies don't usually have info on this old of a vehicle).
2) Why haven't you finished the small things like the seat back insert mounts, etc? As of October 2017 I have had to take full responsibility as caretaker of my parents who have both now had strokes. I simply do not have the time to put into it.
3) Would you consider a cash offer? Yes, but I won't give the vehicleaway. It's way too nice for that, and I don't need the $$$ that bad.
4) Why can't I test drive the car myself? Okay, so you MIGHT be able to test drive it with me in it. Isimply refuse to have a $12,000 ride jacked up by someone who wants to "put their foot in it" as if it were a new ride. If you know classics, respect them, and are familiarwith them, then I would consider letting you be the "driver" in a REAL test drive.
IMPORTANT NOTE: All bidders MUST read bidder rules BEFORE bidding! If you bid outside the rules, I WILL remove your bid. No exceptions.
Up for sale is my 1979 C3 L-82 Vette. Selling it because I found a 1969 Vette I want.
There is a LOT of information in this description, so please read BEFORE sending me a lot of questions!
- 1979 Vette showing 96,688 miles (maybe a few more by the time you buy it...:-)
- Clear Title/Exempt
- 350 Engine/ Automatic Transmission
- NOT numbers matching. Previous owner did engine swap
- Electric door locks/windows (all working)
- Cruise Control (just started going in and out this week)
- Manual T-Tops (excellent working condition)
- Cosmetic Restoration
- Nice Weekend Driver!!!
- No known drivetrain issues
THIS IS A NICE CAR! IT GETS LOTS OF ATTENTION!
ALTHOUGH IT IS NOT A SHOW CAR, THIS VETTE WON 2ND PLACE, BEST OF SHOW, IN ITS CLASS THIS YEAR (2017) IN THE SULPHUR SPRINGS / NORTH TEXAS VETTE ROUNDUP AND SHOW.
Almost everything works well on this car
Wipers, gauges work (except clock)
Electronic antenna goes up and down
Radio works (Yes, it is the original radio)
A/C compressor kicks in
- Was cold earlier summer
- Needs charge, and possibly stop leak.
- Vacuum headlights work well!
Fresh paint (G7C - â€œPull-Me-Overâ€ Red)
Clear coat is, well...clear! Lol
Nice finish overall with few blemishes
- See blemish items in â€œTHE BADâ€ below
Starts and Runs WELL.
Engine sounds great. No misses, etc.
BRAND NEW CUSTOM MOLDED CARPET
- From color matched, quality, pile carpet lot
BRAND NEW SEAT INSERTS
- Done by Al Knoch out of ElPaso
Brake Master Cylinder
1 Brake Caliper
Power Steering Pump
BRAND NEW PAINT JOB
Vehicle painted/cleared 10/2017
Driven less than 50 miles after paint
TIRES NEW IN MARCH 2017
- less than 10,000 miles on tires
New Muffler Tips
- The driver side door locking rod needs to be reinstalled
- I have the rod, just not the time to get it done
- Steering column telescoping lock mechanism isn't locking in place
- Easy fix, again I do not have the time
- Cruise control just started going in and out this week
- Seat backs need to be installed into frames, they are set in
- Another fairly easy fix, if you know these cars, there are 4 clips that are ready for installation.
- Front end alignment and wheel balancing needed
- This isn't a new ride, so there is a small amount of play in the steering, but VERY little compared to some of the other same year cars I have driven.
- I painted the vehicle, but I let someone else cut and buff it. The young man hit too hard on a couple of spots. If you like, I can fix them for a small price. They aren't large spots.
- There are two places where a run needs to be buffed and cleared. I stopped the young man from buffing before he got to those, lol. Again, I can fix them for a small price.
- NOTE: I am selling this car NOT as a show car, so you get a good price. If you want perfection, I CAN deliver that...for a completely different price, lol. she's not perfect, but she is really nice!
ABOUT THE SELLER (me, lol)...
I am a well respected, long time eBayer, with a 100% positive rating. As well, I have many, many people who can provide reference to my honesty and skill level in these rides. I may hurt your feelings, but I won't lie to you. I WILL tell you all I know about this ride...
I do not need to sell this ride, I just decided to go for a different year for the fun of it. UNDERSTAND THIS...I have been in the Vette scene for a LONG time. If you like the car, and are serious, well, here it is. If not, you will not go â€œGas Monkeyâ€ on me and get this ride for wholesale. This isn't TV...deal with it, lol!
I really enjoy talking with honest people about cars, etc. I will answer any questions I can, but read the info first. Thanks!
I reserve the right to end this auction at any time as this vehicle is also for sale locally...
- 5 positives in the last 6 months
- 90% overall positive rating
- 6 month overall eBay record
- I drive. You can ask questions, and ask me to perform driving exercises that give you great info about the car, but you don't drive. It's a classic. You drive it when you pay for it.
- NO JOY RIDES. PERIOD. Again, this is a classic car. If you want to race, go buy a different car and race it.
- Once you buy the vehicle, it is yours.
- Classic cars are older, and require care and maintenance. If you are a classic car owner, or experienced classic car buyer, you won't have a problem with any of this. If not, message me. I will help you understand how to care for this type vehicle. THIS IS A NICE RIDE, with very few imperfections for its age, but it is a 1979 vehicle. You must understand that. You can't â€œoff-roadâ€, race, etc. this thing and expect it to hold up.
- I have kept this car up very nice, so you're getting a good ride, but it's not perfect. As I said, not a show car, but a really fun weekender!!!
PS: I noticed after posting, that the right brake light is out in the rear. I will fix that for you.
1979 Vette Video - YouTube
Video will open in a new window[isdntekvideo]