1993 454 SS Pickup Truck Super Sport
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: C/K Pickup 1500
- Type: Standard Cab Pickup
- Trim: Super Sport, 454 SS
- Year: 1993
- Mileage: 31,188
- VIN: 1gcdc14n2pz137516
- Color: Victory Red #74
- Engine size: 454 Cubic Inch, 7.4 liter
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: 4L80EHD 4 speed Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Gray
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Safety options: Anti-Lock Brakes
- Options: Cassette Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1993 Chevrolet C/K Pickup 1500 Super Sport, 454 SS
Reluctantly, I am at this point in my life, selling my beloved 1993SS 454. If you are looking at this listing, then you obviously already know about these trucks. These trucks were known as â€œThe Truck from HELLâ€ back in the day. This is one of the nicest and RAREST years of the 454 SS pickup trucks, the 1993 model year. Only a total of 843 were produced in 1993 and of those, only a few were ordered with this desired combination of exterior color Victory Red and interior color Gray. Most were Oxyx Black exterior and Garnet Red interior. Very low original miles of only 31,188 on the odometer. This is a true survivor truck, not a restored truck. It still retains the factory paint and decals. This truck has been babied since new, never used as a â€œwork truckâ€ and has always been garage kept. This truck is unlike most of the SS 454's trucks that you will see which have been repainted, abused, heavily modified, raced, rustyâ€¦..etc. or all of the above. Very clean and honest truck all around, even the spare tire has never been used or lowered from the truck. The 454 engine is completely untouched and â€œfactory sealedâ€â€¦..down to the original spark plugs and cables. Interior is 100% original down to the floor mats. Runs and drives PERFECTLY and needs NOTHING. Very few, if any cars of this age, can say they need nothing. Everything on this truck works like it should, nearly perfect. At some point in its life, a protective under carriage coating was applied to the under carriage. Paint shines as if it was still 1993. Leaks ZERO fluids of any kind. There are some very minor chips in the paint from normal driving and are not noticeable. I have all of the original ownerâ€™s manuals and pamphlets, dealer brochures, keys, cassette tape â€“ that plays an audio description of standard features and options, credit card spare key. I am also including 4 original 1993 magazines that have articles about this 1993 454 SS. They are the following: July issue of â€œAuto Weekâ€, July issue of â€œCar and Driverâ€, October issue of â€œtodayâ€™s truck & Sport Utility Performanceâ€ and June issue of â€œCar Craftâ€. Also included is a scaled down 1:24 ratio exact toy truck 454 SS replica of this truck that is still in the box.
The following are the only upgrades done to the truck:
1. Custom fabricated â€œCat Back Exhaustâ€ system. Bolted to the outlet of the factory catalytic converters, are a set of dual â€œMagnaflowâ€ mufflers with custom bent tail pipes that exhaust beneath the left and right sides of the rear bumper. Gives the truck a slightly deeper/throatier tone that is not obnoxious and does not resonate into the cab.
2. â€œAccess Roll-up Coverâ€ vinyl roll up bed cover.
3. â€œPendalinerâ€ drop in, under the rail, bed liner.
4. â€œBell Techâ€, 2â€ front and 4â€ rear lowering kit. Truck is tastefully lowered to the perfect ride heightâ€¦..not slammed to the ground. The kit utilized a set of front lowering spindles, while the rear utilized a set of lowering shackles and hangers along with shock extensions to achieve this lowered ride height. The frame was NOT â€œnotchedâ€ or modified in any way. The frame remains original. Truck can be returned to factory height if desired.
5. Under the hood looks 100% factory original except for the K&N air filter that fits in the original air cleaner housing and a â€œaftermarketâ€ battery.
6. The air conditioning system has been converted from R12 to the modern R134a Freon.
7. Professionally tinted door and rear windows.
This truck has been meticulously well serviced/maintained all of its life. The following are the items that I have personally done with the truck (that I have ALL the receipts for) since I have owned her:
1. Oil and filter Changed and greased all zerk fittings with Mobil One FULLY SYNTHETIC â€œextended serviceâ€ 10w30 OIL, GREASE, and Mobil One filter, at 30,610.5 miles on 7/7/16.
2. Flushed out and replaced power steering fluid and brake fluid with FULLEY SYNTHETIC Amsoil at 30,727.0 miles on 1/9/17.
3. Changed the transmission filter and pan gasket (BOTH GM original parts). Flushed and replaced transmission fluid with FULLY SYNTHETIC Amsoil transmission fluid. It took a total of 19.5 quarts to do a complete flush (pan capacity is 5.75 quarts) at 30,727.1 miles on 1/28/17.
4. Installed all new upper and lower radiator hoses with NEW GM originals and replaced the 4 hose clamps with NEW GM originals. Replaced thermostat and thermostat gasket/O-ring with NEW GM original parts. Replaced serpentine belt with a NEW genuine GM serpentine belt. Replaced throttle body to air cleaner housing gasket with a NEW GM original one. Replaced radiator core with a new heavier duty 4 row copper core than the factory original that was beginning to leak. I retained the factory GM original radiator side tanks and re-soldiered them to the new heavy duty core to retain the GM factory look. Repainted the entire radiator assembly with genuine satin black radiator paint. Radiator alone cost over $600. Flushed entire cooling system several times to insure a perfectly clean and clear system. Replaced coolant with NEW genuine TOYOTA RED coolant combined with reverse osmosis water at a ratio of 70% coolant and 30% water ratio. I have had the best service life with this brand of coolant and water type which I have used personally for over 25 years with all my vehicles. All this was done at 30,727.1 miles on 3/10/17. This date is not a misprint. Truck was not driven at all since the transmission was serviced.
5. Cleaned and re-oiled/recharged K&N filter with genuine K&N cleaner and oil at 30,727.9 miles on 3/11/17.
6. Replaced ALL 4 shocks with â€œtop of the lineâ€ NEW genuine Bilstein Shock absorbers that are specific to the 454 SS truck that have been lowered to this ride height. This was done at 30,797.1 miles on 3/24/17.
7. Changed differential gear oil with FULLY SYNTHETIC 75w-90 Amsoil gear lube. Installed with a genuine GM differential cover gasket. This was done at 31,050.5 miles on 9/7/17
8. Replace the 2 front dash radio speakers that no longer functioned with NEW GM original speakers.
9. Replaced driverâ€™s side exterior door mirror with a NEW GM original mirror. Only replaced because previous owner scratched and dented the original one.
I am including with the sale of this truck the following original old parts that I removed: 1 original drivers side exterior door mirror, 2 original front dash speakers, original upper and lower radiator hoses, original thermostat, and original radiator core.
I have tried to describe my truck to the best of my ability. I hope I covered everything otherwise if there is any questions regarding my truck, please feel free to ask me. Email me through eBay or call me at (562)999-6477. I reserve the right to end this listing at any time. I have my truck locally listed as well. I am requiring a non-refunded PayPal deposit of $1,000 due immediately at the end of auction. Once I have received the FULL balance of the winning bid and funds have cleared into my account, is when I will release the truck and titleâ€¦NOT BEFORE. I will NOT accept a personal check. I will accept either a money order or cashiers check from a local bank near me and funds must clear before I release truck or title. I encourage if possible to see this truck in person. Thanks for looking.
VIN: 1GCDC14N2PZ137516 Year: 1993
Trim: 454 SS Standard Cab Pickup 2-Door
Power Options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows
Drive Type: RWD
Sub Model: 454 SS
Number of Cylinders: 8
Exterior Color: Victory Red (#74)
Interior Color: Gray Custom Cloth Trim
General 454 SS Truck facts
*In 1990 Chevrolet made 13,748 onyx black 454 SS pickups only offered in black.
*In 1991 Chevrolet made 983 onyx black 454 SS pickups only offered in black.
*In 1992 Chevrolet made 1,379 - 454 SS pickups offered in Onyx black, Victory Red, Summit White. They did not keep records of how many each color.
*In 1993 Chevrolet made 843 - 454 SS pickups offered in Onyx black, Victory Red, Summit White. Same as 1992 not keeping records of each color.
*1991 to 1993 454 SS are low production at only 3,205 made, compared to the 13,748 that were produced in 1990.
More Truck Images:
***Please replace the (dot) in the above links and remove the spaces to make the links work...... example "photobucket.com instead of "photobucket (dot) com***