1978 Chevrolet Cheyenne K10 4wd California Barn Find Original Paint No Reserve
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: C/K Pickup 1500
- Type: Standard Cab Pickup
- Trim: Cheyenne
- Year: 1978
- Mileage: 79,736
- Color: Yellow
- Engine size: 400-4bbl
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: 4WD
- Interior color: Buckskin
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: 4-Wheel Drive, Cassette Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1978 Chevrolet C/K Pickup 1500 Cheyenne
1978 Chevrolet Cheyenne K10
"California Barn Find"
~ Short Wheel Base 4 Wheel Drive
~Original "Colonial Yellow" Paint~Optional "High Torque" 400 4V small block~Special rare optioned factory order built in Fremont, CA~In storage for years 1 original family owned 40 years~One of a kind time capsule cannot be duplicatedNO RESERVE AUCTION BID TO WIN
This 1978 Chevrolet Cheyenne K10 Short wheel base 4wd is fresh out of long term storage on a Butte County ranch in the perfect climate of the California Central Valley. The original owner passed away many years ago and was purchased from the son of the owner. The truck has been unused for over 10 years the last California reg is 2008.
It is difficult to imagine that in November of 2017 you can still find any vehicle that was built 4 decades ago actually 40 model years with original paint especially a desirable Four Wheel Drive Short wheelbase Fleetside.
This truck is a survivor from an location in California who's climate produces much of the worlds almonds, walnuts and rice and many other agriculture crops being exported to over 73 countries and eight states which is also a perfect climate to preserve a rare classic truck that would be close to impossible to duplicate. This truck has been in the same family 4 decades.
The most desirable collector cars seem to be from California I see ads all the time of California Cars that are not even in California this Cheyenne is a true California survivor that was manufactured at the GM plant in Fremont California 40 years ago and at this moment is stored23 miles up highway 880 from where it was built
This is a real California car built in California it is a true survivor with the original and very rare color option â€œ#53L Colonial Yellowâ€ ZY1-solid paint.Colonial Yellow was primarily paired with #12 White Frost or #60 Santa Fe Tan in a Conventional two-tone, Special two-tone or Deluxe Two=Tone tone.
This special ordered truck has the larger more powerful LF4- High torque 400 CID 4-bbl small block that was only optional on the 4 wheel drive K series.
It is the 117.5 Short wheel base CK10703 â€œZ84â€ Cheyenne with the short Fleet side bed it also has Comfort tilt Steering and the Z-53 gage package and Aux fuel tank option it also was ordered with Air Cond which is all complete but in/op because the compressor is gone.
1978 Chevrolet Cheyenne - YouTube
Video will open in a new window[isdntekvideo]
See another video of this truck running and driving after 10 years in storage.
1978 Chevy running after 10 years - YouTube
Video will open in a new window[isdntekvideo]
Cosmeticallythis 1978 Chevy Pickup is in decent shape for a 40 year old 4WD vehicle. The body has several small rocks chips some dings and dents the bed has some scratches it clearly has been used over the last 4 decades but any car with shiny original paint is hard to duplicate. The original GM moldingsare in very nice shape, the paint inside the moldingstill shiny, No sign of any rust under the floors, doors or fenders or anywhere on the vehicle. The paint under bed was either painted or undercoated black at some point and that is coming off to reveal clean original yellow paint. The trim is impossible to find in this condition you could not duplicate this truck for what it can be bought for.
Interiorwise this vehicle is in good shape.The interior is all original and in amazing condition that shows ovious long term indoor storage reflected in the non-typical condition of dash board as well as the instruments which are still very bright and clean the red needles are clean unbleached by the sun also the orange of the Cheyenne emblem is still bright
The first layer of headliner is gone but the backing cardboard and the sun visors are in great shape as is the original face of the dash and Buckskin vinyl bench seat which is not worn out like most Chevy trucks of this age typically the driver's side, this is all intact with just a few separation's at some of the seams all in all a very clean interior for the age. All of the knobs and panels are in good shape, it is missing the passenger arm pad. As noted in description the tilt wheel needs to be tighten up, common problem on this area GM tilt truck wheels people pull them selves up by the steering wheel over time loosens the tilt and will need to be repairedotherwise is in very nice shape. It does have a period correct Pioneer Super-tuner with Equalizerthe hot set up in 1978.
Mechanicallythis car is in good shape for having been unused for 10 years.This is a honest survivor that is all original it has the optional 400-CID 4bbl small block with low miles. This vehicle was shipped back to the Bay Area from the Ranch and because the engine had not run for over 10 years it was drained of all its fluids and the original Rochester carburetor was replaced with a brand new version of the original Rochester carb it came from the factory with. The fuel lines were also replaced and the left tank was removed and cleaned. When it was removed it was obvious it had been stored correctly with no fuel as the tank looked new inside we replaced the medal fuel line to the carburetor. We also replaced the fuel pump with an exact original put in 7 gallons and fired her up.
The 400 runs very strong and sounds good with the flow master exhaust it does also have headers which are not smog compliant in California with no visible exhaust leaks no notable strange sounds of any kind or major oil leaks. The motor runs quite well. We topped of the transmission and power steering and all seem to be in good operating condition. Please understand it has not been used for 10 years it is 40 years old and we have only driven the truck on and off the traile, if fires right up with a new battery full disclosure we have not driven the truck more than a mile from when it came from the ranch two weeks ago but it does run and drive and the â€œHigh Torque 400 4-bbl small block V8 sounds very good. The truck stops but the brakes have not been replaced. This truck could be a very high dollar truck
They are only original once. It would be difficult to replace this rare optioned classic Cheyenne 4x4 SWB with original paint in actuality it is difficult to find any car or truck especially a General Motors product much less a 4 wheel drive truck with 40 year old paint.That is fact. Original paint is original paint it's impossible to duplicate because trucks were purchased for work and over a period of years common sense dictates that by this age most are worn out especially 4 wheel drives that had a more limited production geared to people who needed 4 wheel drive in 1978 (unlike today) typically in snow country where rust is an issue that is not the case with this vehicle.
In reality anybody can piece together an old Square Body truck with cheap Taiwanese and Chinese reproduction parts bought on the internet .Those reproduction body, trim, interior parts are in my opinion all of an inferior quality than what was originally made by General Motors To me it seems crazy to bring an American classic back to life with cheap Asian made reproduction pieces but the fact is GM doesn't make them anymore and fewer and fewer survivors are left at any price.
The original front bumper is twice as heavy as the reproduction bumpers this grille which is near mint still has the original bright color emblem in the center something you will never find in a cheap reproduction the real stuff is metal not plastic. This truck is the real deal with the original General Motors parts that it left the Fremont factory with 40 years ago even the original exhaust manifolds come with the truck.
Anybody can restore a truck but you can't remake original.
If you are looking for the real deal this is it if you have any questions or concerns regarding this vehicle please ask any questions before you place a bid. This vehicle is being sold with NO RESERVE and will sell to the last bidder. If you are interested in making an offer Please dont email and ask what I will sell it for it is being sold to the high bidder but reserve the right to sell it if the price is right. I am really not sure what the value is but I am sure it's a one of a kind that can't be duplicated
Thankyou and good luck
TERMS OF SALE
I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO:
- Obtain and verify the registered information of all users who bid on this auction
- Cancel any and all bids at my discretion or end the auction early if necessary
- Bidders Age: You must be 18 years of age or older to bid
- Special eBay Bid Retraction Rules: Please read eBay's "Retracting a Bid"
- Your bid constitutes a legally binding contact to purchase this vehicle. Please read eBay's User Agreement
- If you place a bid before the last 12 hour period of the auction, you may retract that bid before the last 12 hour period but only for exception circumstances. You will not be allowed to retract that bid during the last 2 hour period of the auction.
- If you place a bid during the last 12 hour period of the auction, you will be allowed to retract the bid for exceptional circumstances but only if you do so within one hour after placing the bid.
- Buyer will need to arrange funds or financing before pickup or shipment.
- INSPECTION: I have done my best to disclose all information known about this vehicle for auction. I welcome a buyers inspections. If you plan to have a buyer's inspection, please make sure you inspect the vehicle prior to the auction ending. Inspection fees, if any, are buyers responsibility.
- REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES MADE BY SELLER: This vehicle is being sold "as is". No representations or warranties are made by seller, nor are any representationsor warranties relied upon by bidders in making bids.
- TITLE INFORMATION: If payment is made by cashier's or personal check we will hold all titles for 10 days or until funds have cleared.
- All shipping charges and arrangements are buyer's responsibility. I will make vehicle available to third party shipping company hired by buyer but will not be responsible in any way for claims arising from shipping damage.
- Licensed carriers are generally insured for $3,000,000.00. We assume no responsibility for damages incurred after the vehicle leaves our location. Any claimsor other communication regarding shipment of vehicles will be between you and the shipper, not with seller.
- The amount of time it takes for delivery is dependent on the carrier. Verify with the shipper for an estimated time of arrive to be sure.
- I will contact the successful high bidder by email after the auction closes.
- Successful high bidder MUST communicate with seller through eBay within 24 hours of the auction ending to make arrangements to complete their transaction. If we cannot confirm your intention to buy or the sale is not completed within 5 days, we reserve the right to relist this vehicles or sell to any other qualified buyer.
- In order to secure bidon vehicle, successful bidder (buyer) must within 24 hours of bid closing send to seller a non-refundable deposit in the amount of $500.00 via PayPal. Within 72 hours of bid closing, buyer must send balance of funds by bank wire transfer, cash in person, or bank certified funds to seller.