1961 Chevrolet Apache 20
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Other Pickups
- SubModel: Fleetside
- Type: Standard Cab Pickup
- Trim: Apache 20 Fleetside
- Year: 19610000
- Mileage: 1198
- VIN: 1C154A113314
- Color: Black
- Engine size: 350 V8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: 4WD
- Interior color: Gray
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
19610000 Chevrolet Other Pickups Apache 20 Fleetside1961 Chevrolet Apache 20 Fleetside
This 1961 Chevrolet Apache 20 Fleetside is a rare example offered in recently restored condition. a new GM 350 cubic inch crate motor and a 3-speed automatic this Â¾ ton truck is finished in gloss black over a tobacco vinyl bench seat. Introduced in 1960, the new body style of Chevrolet trucks that would set the designation standard for decades was developed with the Apache 20 Fleetside being one of the most highly sought-after and collectible examples. Purchased by the current owner in January 2017, this Apache 20 has been well maintained and is sold with a Connecticut bill of sale.
This Apache 20 was restored recently and is structurally solid. The frame was treated and protected and wears a gloss protective black finish. The bed was rebuilt with new wood that was treated and protected. The fuel tank, originally located behind the interior bench seat, was moved over the rear axle for better weight distribution and increased safety.
The original engine was removed and replaced with a higher output 350 cubic inch crate motor and mated to a 3-speed automatic transmission with a Lokar shift lever. The engine has been routinely serviced with the air filter, starter, alternator, drive belts replaced within the last 3 months. The truck is equipped with 4-wheel drum brakes mated to a new master cylinder. The current owner commissioned a power steering upgrade as well.
The interior bench seat was refinished in a tobacco colored vinyl and the interior wears a dark graphite gloss paint. The current owner upgraded the stereo system with Bluetooth connectivity and multiple USB charging ports. Additional gauges were added in a 3-pod setup below the dashboard to monitor engine vitals.
Overall, this well maintained 1961 Chevrolet Apache 20 is a solid example of a highly sought-after design. Offered in get in and drive condition, this is a rare opportunity to own a piece of Chevrolet truck history.
Black Bridge MotorsImage Gallery
The successful high bidder will submit a $500 NON-REFUNDABLE deposit at the close of the auction to secure the vehicle. Payment in full must be made within 48 hours thereafter or the vehicle will be offered for sale to the next highest bidder. All financial transactions must be completed in full before delivery of the vehicle.
We accept the following payment methods:
- Wire Transfer - JPM Chase
- Certified Check
- Vehicles are sold as is, where is. All sales are final.
- We have done our best to convey the overall condition of the vehicle, however, the buyer is ultimately responsible for confirming suitability. If you have questions, please ask. Pre-purchase inspections and in person inspections are highly recommended.
- Unless otherwise stated, no vehicle warranty is offered or implied.
- Users with a feedback score less than 10 must contact the seller prior to bidding or bids will be removed.
- Seller is not responsible for any issues or damage incurred during transportation.
- Transportation must be arranged within 10 days of the auction closing date.
- We reserve the right to end the auction early for any reason.
Shipping is available worldwide. We will help facilitate shipping if necessary for the high bidder.
If you have any questions regarding this 1961 Chevrolet Apache 20, please do not hesitate to give us a call or send an e-mail. Contact info is below:
- Black Bridge Motors