Rebuilt 1977 Chevrolet Chevy Camaro LT Hard Top Low Mileage
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Camaro
- Trim: LT
- Year: 1977
- Mileage: 4,606
- VIN: 1S87U7L620792
- Color: Blue
- Engine size: BluePrint Small Block Chevy 355ci Dress Engine w/ Aluminum Heads
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Blue
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1977 Chevrolet Camaro LT
It's with great regret that we are parting with this Camaro, but our loss can be your gain. The car belonged to a family member who unexpectedly died before getting to complete what he started. While not a mechanic by trade, restoring cars was his hobby and passion. He had successfully restored a 55 Chevy and a 62 Barracuda before starting this project. Unfortunately, this car was to be his last restoration project.
All available installation guides, invoices, notes, and other documentation are included in the sale.
While we wish we could see his project to completion, we aren't knowledgeable enough to finish the job, nor do we have the room to store it when not being driven. We would like to see it go to someone with the same kind of passion and appreciation for classic cars as he had.
It appears that he was pretty much finished under the hood and was just getting started on the interior. The front and back seats are new, as is most of the interior. There is no working sound system as evidenced by the round coffee lid covering the door speaker holes! There is no A/C.
The exterior has some light rust in a few areas and the right front panel above the tire needs a little body work, but overall, the body is in great shape. The doors will need to be balanced, and of course a new paint job is in order. Or not. Some of us like it just like it is, including the hand drawn Tasmanian Devil on each rear panel. In full disclosure, a survey of the notes and invoices (and there is a pile) shows some parts were purchased, but we aren't seeing them on the car - like the rear view mirror and stage control kit as examples. In other words, we aren't selling the car for parts, so we don't guarantee that everything on the invoices are on the car. That said, we think most parts are, but the value you think the car is worth should not be based upon the part invoices.
The car was driven from Montana to Las Vegas in the Spring of 2014 and titled in the fall. The ride was smooth and the MPG was reasonable. The car has been stored in our garage ever since and is started periodically. We noticed it does leak a bit of fluid after its sat for awhile and then started up, but we can't say from where since it needs to be lifted on a rack to see under it. The few times we ran it on the open highway, we clocked 120 and there was still plenty of room under the pedal.
Here's the details as we know them:Trim tag
Assembly plant: Van Nuys, CA
Seq. Body #: 250,652
Interior trim: Blue vinyl/LT, Bucket seats
Original body color: Light blue
Build date: 4th week of May
Original paint type: Water paint
Steering column & instrument panel: Blue
- New engine purchased 07/06/11
- Odometer 12/12/11: 75,679
- Odometer 06/18/17: 80,285 = 4606 miles on new engine
- BluePrint Small Block Chevy 355ci Dress Engine w/ Aluminum Heads $3698 (he has $5000 documented elsewhere, so he must be including other parts).Manufacturer's part number: BP35512CTC1. Purchased from JEGS.com. Motor documentation with serial number included. Dynamometer results: 387 HP at 5400 RPM / 402 lbs torque at 4100 RPM
- Holley Street Avenger Carburetor
- Street Fire Distributor
- Northern Aluminum radiator 12" dual fans
- 211000 Street Fighter TH-400 Chevy SF NLU 4" Tailhsg Transmission purchased 04/23/12 from JEGS $1256
- Moser 12 bolt rear end purchased 04/20/12 from Classic Industries $2802
- TCI Shifter Outlaw 3 Speed without cover
- Coker Tires & rims: Front: D70-14 Firestone Wide Oval Raised Letters, Back: G70-15 Firestone Wide Oval Raised Letters, Summit 15 x8 OE 5-4 3/4 Chrome rims
- Full size spare tire in the trunk
Serious parties of interest who would like more details about this auction can contact us via eBay messaging. To get a reply, you will need to provide a name, cell number, and best time to reach you. Please note your time zone if not local. No texting and emailing back and forth. If you are a serious party, you will want to talk.