Custom Built Chassis, Corvette Rear End, 350 GM, 700-R4, Laser Straight,
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Sedan Delivery
- Type: Sedan
- Trim: 2 Dr
- Year: 1952
- Mileage: 3,233
- VIN: 9KJJ9337
- Color: Burgundy
- Engine size: 350 C.I.
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Maroon
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1952 Chevrolet Sedan Delivery 2 Dr
1952 Chevrolet Sedan Delivery 2Dr
Custom Built Chassis, Corvette Rear End, 350 GM, 700-R4, Laser Straight, Swivel Buckets, Steel Body.
Want to see 181 Hi-Res Photos? Contact Chad at 330-353-1750
Owner collected cars for years. His toys enjoyed an insulated miniature home "Man Cave" style built, air conditioned and heated, complete with billiard table and memorability. Took him five years to finally decide to depart with his final vehicle. Current owner bought Delivery between 2005 and 2006, and owners friend performed all maintenance. Current owner had glass removed, exterior trim totally removed, and reconstructed the enclosed top, and minor repair of lower rear door. The bright work was re-polished before reinstalled. Car has had a full professional repaint done in the same color.
DETAILS OF CAR:
* 350 C.I. G.M. engine
* 700-R4 Automatic transmission
* Corvette independent rear suspension
* Chassis custom fabrication with body color
* A.M./F.M. stereo, single disc with remote control
* Full gauges
* Swivel bucket seats
* The painting of this vehicle was expertly performed. It is polished as smooth and shiny as you could imagine, and matches all the way around.
* We didn't find any orange peel, and the paint is about as reflective as you could imagine.
* I looked for any type of nicks, and could only find one at the front left corner of the hood. (see pics)
* There is also a small amount of almost unnoticeable imperfection in the very center of the rear door that can barely be seen. (see pics)
* A flaw developed in the paint some years later, and still appears. On the top of the roof itself, and at the edges where the fender meets the body. Its more noticeable on the right side compared to the left. The top is mostly the front half of the roof, and a small amount exist behind the passenger door handle. The current owner choose to leave it, as it is not that noticeable. If a buyer may find this objectionable they may choose one of many options. (see pics)
* The body of the car is beautifully laser straight.
* The fits around the rear door, side doors, and hood are nearly flawless. (see pics)
* In randomly going around the body with a magnetic paint gauge, and paying close attention to the lower sections(fenders, quarters, and doors) we did not find any areas where we could not find the presence of metal.
* Again to expertly prepare this body prior to paint to make it what we would call laser straight it was very carefully done.
* There was very little variation in the amount of magnetic pull, so the paint it is a fairly even depth all the way around.
* Like most show car finishes its slightly thicker paint than your everyday car, but that is very common with this type and quality paint work.
* In closely examining all the bright work on the car, it all seems to be secured properly.
* The stainless that surrounds the window areas, and the moldings that go above the door knobs are all very nice and straight. Look close in pictures you won't see any dimples or issues with it. This is also true with everything around the front and rear windshield, and bright work on the vent windows.
* The door handles, taillight bezels, gas cap, hood ornament, lower center section of the grill, antenna, exhaust tips, front bumper, and rear bumper look pretty much of a car just a few years old with just a few light scratches. They are highly reflective, and the chrome is in nice condition.
* The headlight bezels and the upper part of the grill are just a shade lower quality condition than those I just spoke of. They show a little more light scratching, and are not as reflective. They may or may not be the same materials.
* The front Chevrolet emblem has very reflective chrome, but some of the red and blue
coloring has wore off.
* We don't see any discoloring, bulls-eyes, cracks, or wiper marks in the glass.
* Both the rolling glass on the left and right side has the Safe Lite label.
* The left windshield is Duplate, right side windshield and rear window are Safety plate.
* Vent windows show no identification.
* Though it is not new glass, it shows very little wear at all.
* The rear window does have a light 1 inch long scratch. (see pics)
* The vent window on the left is starting to get a little bit of delamination, the right side has much less. (See pics)
* Interior is all custom done from the headliner to the side panels, seating, carpeting, dash, and wood grain.
* Its does not show any wear, it looks pretty much as it would have the day it was completed.
* The color is good and rich on all materials, with no signs of fading.
* The visors are matching color with good solid backing, with no break down.
* The seats are swivel design which is nice and convenient.
* The side panels and carpet again have no wear at all, that is also true of the dash and gauges. (See pics)
* The gauges look like new, and so does the radio.
* It looks like I would expected it to look the day it was completed, with no wear and great color.
Tire and Wheels-
* B.F. Goodrich Radial TA
* The owner indicated there is not more than 200 miles on these wheels and tires, and he had purchased them new. He has not driven the cars over 1000 miles since he bought it.
* We don't see any wear or cracking on the tires, and the Cragers (even in around the nuts) don't show any wear or exposure.
* The wheels are in the condition of a car just a few years old or about as close to new as you could expect.
* Left Front â€“ 215-70-1410/32 Tread remaining
* Left Rear- 275-60-1510/32 Tread remaining
* Right Rear- 275-60-1510/32 Tread remaining
* Right Front- 215-70-1410/32 Tread remaining
Engine and Transmission-
* Its obvious that the entire drive train, engine, transmission, and rear end have all been upgraded. See the nicely polished intake, Edelbrock air cleaner, aluminum and chrome pieces, and the top of the black engine really enhances what we see here.
* The brake master cylinder is upgraded as well, and it does have power steering, power brakes,
and an electric cooling fan.
* The louvers in the hood are custom built with a more standard type hinging
* Upgraded steering column and mechanism.
* Closely review pictures, they will help explain.
* The build from the chassis (the foundation) on up has been expertly performed.
* This is truly a street rod that was built on top of a foundation of professional work, and upgraded components.
* The frame during the built was painted to resemble the exterior of the car, and still contains a very good shine with a couple chips from the rack lifting the car. It has withstood, and is still in very nice condition.
* We did not see any rust perforation anywhere on the frame itself.
* The floor pan and the rockers all look solid.
* There are a few modifications for different drive trains and serviceability, but appears to be solid fabrication.
* There where replacement floor pan inserts on the driver and passenger side, please inspect pictures closely to understand. Other than that the floor pan appears pretty much of the original design.
* The floor pan bottom side is all painted in a shiny semi gloss black, and again has maintained its coating and color very well over the years.
* The rockers are very solid and look mostly untouched, with possibly a little repair on the back at some point.
* Car has drop front axle supports and shocks, and drum brakes front and rear.
* All the nuts and bolts, and fuel lines that where installed during the build do not have any type of weathering or surface rust, this shows how well the cars has been kept free of the elements.
* The engine does not seem to have any type of oil leaking, other than the very normal dampness around the front main.
* We didn't notice but maybe a drip or so from the transmission pan, and the rear end for the most part looks dry.
* Custom installation of dual exhaust running totally separate all the way to the rear, and utilizing Flowmaster mufflers. You will notice the custom installation of a fully independent Corvette rear end and suspension, which again has been detailed in black and expertly mated into the frame with custom built suspension components.
* The battery is located in the back, and see how beautifully the tank was finished in a gloss black.
Chad rode in the car for about 5 miles, and than Chad drove it back approx. five miles to the "Man Cave". It started very quickly, accelerated, and ran very smoothly. It shifted nicely up through all gears, and appeared to down shift properly. Upon testing the brakes and stopping many times it didn't pull to the left or the right. The car stopped very straight, and smooth without any pulsation. It steered properly and straight down the road, and felt that the components worked as designed. It seemed very smooth and has a nice exhaust tone like a good quality street rod would have.
The serial number on the drivers door jamb tag has been painted over, but with a bright flash light on it you can in fact see the numbers, and they appear to match the vin on the title. Our recommendation would be that a buyer upon inspection shines an extremely bright light on it to see. If there is any questions of concern in the titling process they can remove the paint at their choice.
* Headlights work left and right
* Low and high beam work
* Rear taillights working left and right
* Electric fan is operated with a manual dash switch
* Left turn signal works front and rear, with red indicator on the dash
* Right turn signal works front and rear, with red indicator on the dash
* Windshield wiper works at one speed
* Power antenna operates up and down
* Radio works and has a remote
* Tilt steering wheel works
* Tachometer works
* Speedometer works
* Oil pressure gauge works and indicated 30 lbs sitting at idle, vacuum is at about 11, amp gauge is showing a charge around 15, voltage shows around 13
* Gas gauge shows at Â½ tank but owner indicated it is not working
* Owner indicated she runs down the road around 160 water temp. without fan turned on
* Horn does not work
* A/C and heat unit not installed
Interested buyers please call Chad Gumpp
10% deposit ($1,000 minimum) must be received within three (3) days of the close of the auction and the balance due within 10 days of the auction. Extenuating circumstances may warrant us to revise the amount of deposit to protect the interest of the buyer and the seller.
Acceptable payment options:
ï‚·ï‚ ï‚ ï‚ ï‚ ï‚ ï‚ ï‚ ï€ Cash-in-person, verified by a bank
ï‚·ï‚ ï‚ ï‚ ï‚ ï‚ ï‚ ï‚ ï€ Bank to bank wire transfers to seller's account
ï‚·ï‚ ï‚ ï‚ ï‚ ï‚ ï‚ ï‚ ï€ Cashier's or bank check equivalent to cash
Interested buyers please call Chad Gumpp at 330-353-1750
Welcome to Auto Connection
Connecting buyers and sellers of unique vehicles
Conditions of Sale:
Auto Connection is a 3rd party agent, assisting both buyers AND sellers. The vehicles they sell are from private owners and collectors, and they provide advertising, marketing, and consulting services for individuals and companies.
The Auto Connection representative has physically viewed the item being sold. The information comes from the seller and other research sources. Auto Connection is not responsible for any misrepresentation by the seller and/or errors in research results, including history statements of vehicle history, repairs, etc.
This vehicle is being sold AS IS and without a warranty, unless otherwise stated.
Information about serial numbers, engine numbers, and any other codes does not guarantee a vehicle's authenticity. These codes and numbers are not guaranteed to be the same as the information on the vehicle ID or vin, trim tag, engine block, cylinder heads, transmission, differential, or other components within this vehicle. Auto Connection does not guarantee documentation, authenticity, repairs, mechanical work, titles, odometer discrepancies, matching numbers, stamped engines, casting numbers, or any other codes, tags, or numbers. The potential for reproduction paper documentation exists, as well as restamped engines and reproduced trim/data tags.
Auto Connection has described this vehicle to the best of their knowledge, but does not guarantee the accuracy of the description. Prospective buyers are encouraged to conduct their own due diligence, including a physical inspection of the vehicle in person, or through a qualified third party inspector/appraiser.
The vehicle will remain for sale until a buyer has placed a deposit on it. This deposit is nonrefundable with the exception of the vehicle being severely misrepresented by Auto Connection or the seller, or stipulated in the Bill of Sale.
It is possible that this vehicle will be sold at a higher price than the highest bid (before or after the auction ends), if the reserve is not met. After the sale (if reserve is met or not), Auto Connection must receive at least a 10% deposit (wire transfer or official bank or cashier's check) within 3 days of the end of the auction (or the Bill of Sale is signed). The high bidder/buyer has 10 days from this time to send the balance in full or final payment and inspect the vehicle (or have a 3rd party professional inspection).
For the most part, the vehicle for sale is not "perfect". It is unreasonable to assume that every single flaw in the paint, body, engine, etc. or any minor mechanical items (such as a light not working) be considered a reason to refuse the vehicle. Major rust/rot, undisclosed problems with the frame, etc. might constitute a legitimate reason for the buyer to refuse to follow through with the sale. In that situation, the seller and buyer will try to reach an agreeable solution.
The buyer acknowledges that he has had the opportunity to inspect the vehicle to verify it is as listed and represented. He accepts the vehicle with all advertised equipment, options and accessories in "AS IS" condition with any faults or defects. The buyer will bear all future costs of repairs or correcting any defects that exist or may occur in the future. The seller will have no responsibility or liability for any consequential damages or injury caused by any failure or malfunction of the vehicle or any components. This car is being offered for sale by owner. The buyer and seller acknowledge that if the transaction is consummated and a dispute occurs relating to the sale, the laws of Ohio (the state that the car is located/sold) govern the rights and duties under the agreement.
PLEASE READ THIS FIRST BEFORE YOU BID.
We reserve the right to verify any bids to ensure all bids are legitimate in order to protect the interest of the seller. You are entering into a legal and binding contract to purchase this vehicle. If you do not intend to purchase this item, do not bid! Bidder must be able to pay cash or have all loans PRE-APPROVED before bidding on this vehicle. Unqualified Bidding, Bid Shielding, Auction Interference, and any form of harassment will be subject to legal prosecution to the fullest extent of the law. We reserve the right to notify bidders and cancel this auction. We shall not be held liable for any such cancellation and/or closure. Bidder agrees to the jurisdiction of Ohio "Stark County" for all disputes. By bidding, bidder accepts all the terms and conditions above.
If you have any question concerning the auction please call 330-452-5788 or email Chad@AutoConnectioncars.com Auto Connection will make every effort to answer your questions promptly. Please ask questions BEFORE bidding.
DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT
All Images and HTML are owned and copyrighted by Auto Connection for our express use and control. Anyone using our images or design without our express written authorization is in violation of Federal Law and eBay's rules and regulations. eBay will be notified and violators may be prosecuted by Federal Law.