1969 Chevy Camaro SS Pro Tour w/LS-6, Tremec 6-spd, Wilwood Brakes, RideTech
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Camaro
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: SS
- Year: 1969
- Mileage: 58,110
- Color: Yellow & Black
- Engine size: LS6
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual Tremec 6-speed
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Grey & Black
- Options: CD Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1969 Chevrolet Camaro SS
Start with a clean Georgia, rust free, frame off restoration on a SS Camaro with a great rally stripe paint job and interior, showing 58,110 miles. Then, start the over the top hot rod build....
Pull out a perfectly great 383 high nickel engine and 350 turbo automatic with stall converter and give this project some HORSEPOWER!
We dropped in the same engine Corvette utilizes, a LS6 V8 Z06 5.7L, 400 hp & 395#/ft torque power plant - then we linked it up to a Tremec T-56 6-speed transmission and you have the heartbeat of a rocket ship. When this power runs through the 12-bolt rear end and 373 gears, you have a race car that's really fun to drive!
The suspension technology was almost 50 years old, so strip it all out and throw it away. We let the engineer's at RideTech show us how to handle this horsepower with new Level 1 Strong Arm coil over's in the front and a 4-Link with coil overs in the rear. Add in a Belltec rear sway bar and now, you've got a road car that with handle the horsepower and chew up and spit out the corners - bring it on!
All this performance needs some serious stopping power - so we went to Wilwood for drilled and slotted big disc brakes on all 4 corners, and a new Wilwood master cylinder kit and power brake booster. Take off like a rocket and stop on a dime.
The car also needs to feel smooth down the road, so install great looking Budnik "X" Series ICE custom satin finished wheels and Nitto NT 555 speed rated tires (fronts 245-40-18, rears 275-40-18's), and purr down the road. Actually, with the new Hooker headers and Flowmaster 40 series mufflers, the purr becomes a ROAR!
There are a ton of other things that we do with an LS engine swap on a Pro Tour 69 Camaro, things you never really see, yet things you need to know - cause you wanna know this car was done right! Little things that connect the dots like:
- New SS Camaro Radiator with twin fans to support the new LS-6 transplant
- New McLeod Direct Fit Hydraulic Conversion Kit w/Spec 2 Stage clutch kit
- New Brake & Clutch Pedal Assemblies to switch from and automatic to a 6-speed
- New Wilwood brake lines & fittings
- New emergency brake system
- New Chevrolet Performance LS Controller kit
- New PSI Wiring Harness and control module computer
- New Universal LS Fuel Filter Regulator kit
- New Spectre high volume cold air intake
- New Alternator
- New Power Steering Gearing, Pump & Pulley
- New A/C Compressor
- New Water Pump
- New High Pressure Electric Fuel Pump
- New Aluminum Throttle Body, bracket & throttle position sensor
- New LS Stand off Brackets
- New Idler Pulley's
- New Thermostat
- New Belt Tensioner
- New Serpentine Belt
- New Bosch Oxygen Sensor & mass air flow sensor
Then, you go through the frame off restoration and fix the little things and bring the 69 Camaro Pro Tour into the 21st Century:
- Replace the Steering Gear Box
- Add a truss style transmission cross member to support the Tremec 6-speed conversion
- Custom fabricate a new drive shat to fit the LS-6 conversion
- Check all the cool RS console gauges for functionality
- Check every light & wire
- Replace the Lights with LED's
- Pull the original wood grain steering wheel and go modern SS cool billet
- Add a brand new custom under dash/thru firewall ice cold A/C system
- Add a pop up screen stereo head unit - with hands free capability & navigation
- Tint the windows to the darkest legal tint allowed
- Record every new part number for ease of future maintenance
- Test drive it for 200-300 miles so you know everything was done 100% right! ...(and it was!)
Want something truly different? We did! So, we buffed out a perfectly good fresh paint job - Daytona Yellow with Black Rally stripes - and applied a one-of-a-kind super cool 3M wrap to make this car exclusively unique and you have the Baddest 69 Camaro Pro Touring Car available anywhere in the country!
Buy with confidence! You will not be disappointed! We have pictures of the entire build, just ask....
The car is for sale locally and a few folks are seriously "checking with their wives", LOL, so we reserve the right to end this auction at any time.