1964 CORVETTE CONVERTIBLE / FACTORY HARDTOP - BEAUTIFULLY RESTORED - OPTIONS!
Price: US $35,100.06 Item location: Pleasanton, California, United States
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Corvette
- SubModel: Convertible
- Type: Convertible/Hardtop
- Trim: CONVERTIBLE / FACTORY HARDTOP
- Year: 1964
- Mileage: 53,699
- VIN: 40867S105155
- Color: Ermine White
- Engine size: 327c.i.
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: 4-SPEED
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: Convertible
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1964 Chevrolet Corvette CONVERTIBLE / FACTORY HARDTOP
1964 Chevrolet Corvette
Number's Matching / Factory Optional Hardtop & New Soft Top
Nut & Bolt Restoration of a VERY Original 53,000 Miles Example
Very Nicely Optioned Example
Finished in Factory Ermine White & Black Interior
NOTE: Our listings are rather lengthy. They not only describe this particular car but also some history of the make/model, considerations in buying a classic car and facts about our firm. However, we continually hear from out of state / out of country buyers (many of our clients) that they prefer the level of detail that we provide. However, if you are not prepared to read the full listing, please read the OVERVIEW below along with the PHOTOGRAPHS at the bottom. If you'd prefer, please call us at 925-846-1451 and we'll gladly discuss the Corvette and answer any questions over the telephone, including our "Buy it Now" policy. Yes, the Corvette can be purchased prior to the end of the eBay auction.
PLEASE NOTE: EACH TIME WE LIST A VEHICLE ON eBay WE RECEIVE COMMENTS THAT THERE ARE NO PHOTOS OF THE INTERIOR, ENGINE, UNDERCARRIAGE, ETC. OF THE CAR. THERE ARE CLOSE TO 100 PHOTOS OF ALL AREAS OF THIS CORVETTE, BUT WHEN YOU REACH WHAT APPEARS TO BE THE LAST PHOTO, YOU WILL NEED TO SCROLL DOWN ON eBay TO VIEW THE REMAINING PHOTOS. IF YOU ARE STILL UNABLE TO SEE THEM, PLEASE CALL US AT 925-846-1451 AND WE WILL PROVIDE A DIRECT LINK. NOTE: IT IS A VIOLATION OF eBay POLICY FOR US TO LIST THE URL ON THE eBay LISTING. PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU WOULD LIKE ADDITIONAL PHOTOS OF ANY PART OF THE CORVETTE.
This car is offered at a realistic price and, unlike bidding on cars in an auction environment, you will have the benefit of extensive information and history on the car prior to making a buying decision. Equally as important is the fact that Classic Cars Ltd. has been in business for 25 years and enjoys an excellent national / international relationship with over 920 positive eBay feedback responses.
Please keep in mind that we will gladly...
1. Answer any questions over the telephone and take the time to guide prospective customers through the buying process (925-846-1451).
2. Assist with locating a quality, suitable transporter at very competitive prices.
3. Provide proof that we are licensed, bonded (for the financial transaction), fully insured, and operate from an established showroom environment.
4. Provide feedback from previous buyers, and specific references for vehicle purchases in your area (we also ask that you view our detailed eBay feedback by clicking on the number to the right of the eBay user name)
5. Offer additional information including specific photographs or clarification of any part of our description of the vehicle
Thank you again, please let me know if I can be of assistance.
Paul R. Wankle, Pres.
Classic Cars Ltd.
OVERVIEW - 1964 CORVETTE CONVERTIBLE / HARDTOP
There is little doubt that the mid-60's Corvettes have become some of the most desirable of the all of the Corvettes produced during the past 65 years. This particular car represents what we often refer to as a "restored / original." By that we mean that the car is in very original, unmodified stock configuration but has received a frame up restorations. The car is absolutely striking and could be taken to local shows, driven in tours, or used on the weekends. Actually, this car is so reliable; we would not hesitate to drive it to work on beautiful California days!
This car is very nicely optioned, including the following features:
- Runs and drives extremely well and its overall condition support the reported original 53,000 miles
- Beautiful in Factory Correct Ermine White
- Option RPO# C07 - White Optional Hardtop
- Factory Convertible Top Car (New white top)
- Factory Numbers Matching 327c. Engine
- Option RPO# M35 Rare (Only 2,480 cars) Desirable Powerglide transmission
- Option RPO# G81 - Posi-traction
- Knock-Off / Bolt On Wheels
- Redline Radial Tires
- Option RPO# N40 - Power Steering
- Option RPO# J50 - Power Brakes
- Factory Gauges & Tachometer
- â€½Wood" Steering Wheel
- Factory Clock
- Option RPO# U69 - Factory AM/FM
- Factory Seat Belts (an option in the day)
- Bolt On Knock-Off Wheels
"THE NUMBERS" DECODED
VIN # 4 08 67 S 105155
4 08 67 S 105155
4 = 1964
08 = Body Series: Corvette
67 = Convertible
S = Assembled in St. Louis
Last 6 Digits: 105155 (Production Series)
F 10 12 RF
F = Flint, MI casting / production
10 = October
24 = 24th Day
SC = 327c.i. / 250hp 1 4bbl, Powerglide Transmission
Note: Date of Production: November production of 1964 Corvette's ended with car #106063 making this example (105155) a mid- November production. The engine properly decodes including the VIN # of 105155 stamped before the engine # of F1012RF supporting and engine produced prior to the November production date and confirming a numbers matching engine. An inspection also suggests that the car has the correct transmission and a number of other original components.
This particular car is equipped with very nice options including P/S, P/b, AM/FM factory radio, knock-offs & red-lines, wood steering wheel, factory tach & gauges, factory fitted seat belts and the desirable factory matching hardtop with an excellent headliner/underside. The car was fitted with a convertible top when new that has been recently replaced (white).
Over the course of its 53+ years, years, the cars long term owners have resisted the temptation to make significant changes to the cars original configuration but it did undergo a â€½nut & bolt restoration. As the 100~ detailed photos of the Corvette reflect, all areas of the car are in excellent condition including the highly detailed engine compartment, undercarriage, body, trim, and interior.
The Corvette has a clear, transferrable title and the VIN plate, engine numbers, and other original components remain in place and appear to be unaltered and original to the car.
Cosmetically, this car shows extremely well. While many of the early C1 & C2 Corvette's have been over-restored, this car has a magnificent blend of restored and original components making it especially attractive. While much of the car has been â€½nut & bolt" restored, the interior was so good and showed so well that it was not re-done. The entire interior including the seats, dash, gauges, trim and other parts of the interior are in beautiful condition. The car is fitted with front factory seat belts. The old saying, "You can restore a car over and over again but it is only original once" has application hear. We encourage a very close look at the interior to see why it was left in its excellent original condition.
The paint and body are excellent with only minor imperfections that in no way detract from the appearance of the Corvette. Trim including chrome, stainless and lenses fall into the category of what we often refer to as "California condition"; free from the East Coast/Midwest pitting and surface rust that occurs even on cars that are stored inside. The panels are free from major damage, hood and door gaps are excellent and door locks are functional. The doors, hood and rear convertible boot cover close solidly and fit well. The exterior trim is complete including the "flag" badges that are prominently displayed on the front fenders. Side windows roll up/down freely and the front headlights are functional.
The cars previous owner reports the mileage as original at 53,699 but, as a result of the age of the car, we must state it as TMU (Total Miles Unknown). However, based on the overall appearance of the interior, and other factors, we would certainly accept that the mileage is this low. The door panels are excellent, the rear carpeted areas behind the front seats is in very good condition and fitted with flush mounted speakers (2).
The engine compartment is clean and has restored and is highly detailed and the undercarriage supports that the car was not just subjected to a cosmetic restoration. The engine bay is properly configured included the ignition shielding. No aftermarket components (MSD boxes, etc.) have been added. Please refer to the detailed photos that are worth 1,000 words!
Mechanically, the car is very strong. It starts immediately and idles smoothly. The Corvette has excellent performance, shifts properly through all of the gears with very good "synchros" in all gears, including 1st gear. The clutch engages without slipping or fuss, the brakes stop the car straight and sure and the Corvette steers straight without wandering.
With the abundance of over-restored Corvette's, it has become increasingly difficult to locate complete, "honest" examples of original cars with numbers matching engines. This car has would make a wonderful high level driver, show car and, based on its desirably, definitely has the potential for continued appreciation as a usable investment.
Introduced for the 1964 model year, the C2 generation of Corvette was an instant hit. The car carried over the excellent engines from 1962, but the remainder of the car was new, with now iconic styling and independent rear suspension. In 1964 and 1964, all cars were equipped with 327c.i. engines.
The 1964 Sting Ray was not only a commercial success, but was hailed by the automotive press as one of the best Corvettes of all time. It was praised almost unanimously for its handling, road adhesion, and unrelenting horsepower. Car Life magazine presented its annual Award for Engineering Excellence on the 1964 Corvette Sting Ray. It was noted to have a significant edge over past models in both traction and handling because the new independent rear suspension reduced wheel spin considerably compared to the live-axle cars. Chevy's small-block V-8 engine, which was recognized as being the most consistent component of past Corvette performance, was rated by car buffs as being even better in Sting Rays.
- Wheelbase (in.) 98.0
- Track Front / Rear (in.) 56.3 / 57
- Length (in.) 175.3
- Width (in.) 69.6
- Height (in.) 49.8
- Frontal Area (in.) 19.3
- Ground Clearance (in.) 5.0
- Curb Weight (lbs.) 3,030
- Weight Dist. F/R 48 / 52
- Capacity (gal.) 20.0
ABOUT CLASSIC CARS LTD.
- Classic Cars Ltd. has been in the same, small, California town for 25 years. We operate a small "brick & mortar", indoor showroom, and specialize in the sale, consignment, and purchase of sports, high performance and specialty vehicles of all types. We have a particular interest in sports cars and unique vehicles.
- The majority of our vehicles come from local, private owners and collectors, and many were sold new in California. We appreciate that rust free cars, with excellent documentation and history are especially attractive to our buyers both locally, and around the country. As a result, we do not purchase our collectible cars from "distressed" sales, such as wholesale auctions, salvage sales, or lien sales. We do not sell vehicles with salvage titles, or those that have a history of significant accident damage or repair.
We have sold hundreds of unique, classic and collectible vehicles and regularly deal with buyers that have not had the experience of purchasing a large (both physically and monetarily) item on eBay, or through an Internet source. Our eBay feedback is 100% positive on all vehicle sales from customers around the globe and is a reflection of our commitment to accurate, complete, and thorough vehicle descriptions.
- We have been shipping vehicles for years and have established excellent contacts that are not only high quality but very price competitive. We do not use brokers, terminal shipping or other discount methods. Call us or email for a quote directly to your home or office. We are often able to obtain quality enclosed transportation (the kind of travel this car deserves) for the cost of open shipping.
- Please review our feedback on eBay (user name Never22Many) representing over 930 positive transactions to buyers all over the United States / World.
- We are fully insured, bonded, and licensed for collector car sales all over the United States/World.
- Classic Cars Ltd. carries a $50,000 Surety bond to cover financial transactions
- We frequently sell vehicles to out of State / out of country buyers, and will be glad to provide references for buyers in your area.
MISCELLANEOUS GENERAL INFORMATION
- As with virtually all collector/specialty vehicles, we find that parts and resources are readily available for this (and most every vehicle), thanks in large part to the Internet.
- In addition to the purchase price of the vehicle, California buyers will be subject
to sales tax, a documentation fee, DMV transfer fees and license/registration. Out-of-state buyers will be responsible for the purchase price of the vehicle and any local taxes/fees will be the purchaser's responsibility to pay in their respective state. IMPORTANT NOTE: If the vehicle is delivered or driven in California and driven on California roads, sales-tax, license/registration and transfer fees will be assessed per California law.
- While we encourage telephone calls to discuss this vehicle in greater detail we will not respond to inquiries asking "What is the reserve". Also, if you would prefer that we call you to answer any questions about the vehicle; shipping alternatives, etc. please e-mail us with your telephone number and will gladly get back in touch with you.
- We encourage inspections of this Corvette by serious, qualified individuals or professional inspectors. Please call at 925-846-1451 to arrange a convenient time.
- As with any collectible vehicle of this vintage we are unable to provide a warranty or guarantee of condition. However, we make every effort to accurately represent our vehicles, and highlight both positive items as well as areas that require attention. We ask that prospective buyers consider our eBay history/feedback, standing in the community, length of time in business, and other factors when purchasing a collectible vehicle from Classic Cars Ltd.
- Minor cosmetic issues/flaws may be present on every vehicle (regardless of cost) including small chips, nicks, scratches, etc. that can be seen on even the best restoration, or even a relatively new, used "pre-owned" vehicle. Also, ownership of a collectible / specialty vehicle is more enjoyable if the owner is familiar with the "realities" of these unique cars. Unlike more modern day vehicles, these cars require regular, ongoing care/maintenance and some mechanical knowledge, patience, and understanding can make the experience considerably more pleasant. That said, collector / "specialty" car owners will tell you (emphatically) that they love their cars and wouldn't trade them for anything!!
- The information contained in this description is believed to be accurate but, in some instances, has been provided by the car's owner / owners or outside sources. As a result, we are unable to guarantee the accuracy of the information. We encourage verification of "numbers" and significant data prior to the purchase of any collector vehicle that you are considering.
Classic Cars Ltd.
Inner Front Wheel Well
Terms & Conditions
Thank You & Happy Bidding
Classic Cars Ltd.