1957 Chevrolet Belair Nomad restoration #'s match factory metal chassis restored
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Nomad
- Type: Wagon
- Trim: Belair
- Year: 1957
- Mileage: 74,137
- VIN: VC57K134986
- Color: Gold
- Engine size: 283 cu in V8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: 2WD
- Interior color: White
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1957 Chevrolet Nomad Belair
1957 Chevrolet Nomad Restoration, requiring completion. This is an ALL original car including Motor/trans/rear end. Sierra Gold/Adobe exterior color combo built in Kansas City MO. I am the 3rd owner. 74K original miles. 99% of the parts are accounted for and labeled. OEM chassis /drivetrain/suspension have been restored. Clear Colorado Title in hand.All original exterior/interior chrome has been professionally re-plated. RUST FREE OEM metal ( no mini tubs or trim shaved!). Original Adobe paint is still on the roof & the factory undercoat is still present. Complete NEW interior.Needs final block sanding/paint/assembly.
Documentation & specs
-Block ID: FI24FC = 283 4 barrel carb w/ powerglide
-R Exhaust part #3733978
-L Exhaust part #3733975
-Water pump #3736493
-Rear End #3728899 ( A167)
History: Built in Kansas City, MO;This Nomad spent most of its life in westernNebraska . It was disassembled in 1971 and was stored that way in Grand Island, NE. until the second owner purchased the car in 1997 and began the restoration, but it was never finalized. I purchased it in 2006 and it has spent the last 11 years parked in my climate controlled garage north of Denver.
Condition: There may not be another Nomad in this condition anywhere awaiting restoration. Rather than take a chance at what was hiding underneath paintwork, I wanted an unpainted Nomad and to see pictures of the metal prior to purchase. Initial body work was completed at bumpertobumper in Scottsbluff Nebraska. This shop has painted several high quality cars for Barret Jackson over the years. It now wears epoxy primer on exterior panels along with correct paint completed on door jams, dash, rear hatch/tailgate area. Factory rear fin metal has been exposed in our dry climate the entire time (no flash rust). My plan was to complete a resto mod restoration w/ an aftermarket chassi, but its too nice/complete to cut up.
Trade Possibilities:I'm not interested in trades.... except: rust free 1970-71 barracuda or cuda that I can drive now and resto mod later.
Once completed, this is a $100k+ car. One sold at the January Mecum auction for for $125K!!
At this price point, It will take the right buyer to own this car.I don't HAVE to sell. It can stay in my garage until my new place is finished, then I will restore it personally. If you are a flipper, this isn't the car for you. The best restorations start with the best cars. The asking price may seem high but consider what people are paying for 57's to be restored 1) The Roadster Shop complete builds start at $225K and they usually start with less than ideal cars at $95/hr2) A new EMI 57' convertible body will cost you $35K. THEN, you get to open the Danchuck catalog and check all the boxes. Besides the front clip, NO ONE reproduces the sheet metal from the A pillar back on a 1957 Nomad.
99% of the parts needed to complete this car have already been purchased or are reconditioned originals. All have been cataloged and labeled. It took 8 hrs just to unpackage/take pictures/repackage the items that were photographed. I've high lighted the big ticket items below ( please see pictures).
1) Rear Hatch glass was removed in 1971. THERE IS NO WARPAGE from the factory torsion springs.
2) All rear hatch-tailgate trim/mounts/parts are either new or are re-plated originals.
3) Rust Fre, still wears the original Ivory roof paint and no factory panels have been modified!
4) Full interior: seats/door panels/panel SS trim/carpet/headliner/headliner bows/trim/handles
5) All original exterior chrome has been replated ( no reproductions)
6) ALL new SS body moldings & trim ( originals are also included)
7) Chassis/driveline/suspension/framewere restored by the previuos owner.
Shipping: Located 30 minutes north of Denver, Colorado. Shipping is the responsibility of the buyer. This is NOT a running/driving car at the moment BUT the factory suspension has been reinstalled since the exterior pictures were taken. The engine spins freely with spark plugs removed. It can be rolled easily. Special shipping charges may applydepending onyour carrier. The ideal state would be a buyer pic up in an enclosed trailer. If that is not possible, I'm willing to package as many of the parts as possible into the vehicle for transport, but they will not all fit in their current wrapped/protected & boxs and some will require shipping through FedEx or UPS.
Payment: $500 deposit through paypal w/in 48 hrs of auction close. Complete payment by cash or bank transfer before the vehicle leaves. We can work out title transfer prior to shipping.
Warranty: none. This is a 60 year old classic vehicle.Sold as i, where is.
Questions? just ask. I have several more pictures that I can send and I am willing to take additional photos
Disclaimers: . 1)The completed 57' Nomadpicturesin the listing are for reference only 3)obviously, I could not photograph every single part/nut/bolt In 24 photos. If you have any questions about a part not listed/pictured, please ask. I will be happy to forward additional pictures -=Mike (303) 489-7346
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Parts Listed below are NEW unless otherwise listed>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
• Rear view mirror
• Sun visor mounts
• Dome light lenses
• Complete full length headliner
• Original headliner hoops - complete set, (CHROME has been re-plated)
• Carpet (front & passenger)
• Vinyl rear wheel tub covers
• Pre-cut matching rubber hatch floor liner set
• SS hatch floor trim ( new & OEM set)
• Rear hatch weather stripping
• Front seat re-upholstered
• Rear seat re-upholstered (fold down seat back rubber liner & SS trim installed)
• Door panels ( front & rear)
• Stainless Steel (SS) interior door trim ( front & rear)
• Arm rests
• Door handles
• Window cranks
• Window weather stripping
• Vent window weather stripping
• Door weather stripping
• Window channel felt/wiskers
• Gauge trim bezels (all three)
• Gauge mount perimeter trim
• Interior windsheild trim, (CHROME has been re-plated)
• OEM A/C vents, (CHROME has been re-plated)
• All new knobs/ switches / bezels / turn indicators
• Horn ring trim/cap/install kit
• Aftermarket Raingear delay/wiper kit
• Heater controls, (CHROME has been re-plated)
• Heater control bezel, (CHROME has been re-plated)
• Originalfront 3 piece bumper with inserts; (CHROME has been re-plated)
• Originalfront bumper mounting brackets
• Original Rear bumber assembly; (CHROME has been re-plated)
• Original rear bumper mounting brackets
• Back up light housings/harness/lens
• Original rear tail light assemblies w/ seals, dust covers LED upgrade; (CHROME has been re-plated)
• Original rear hatch interior trim; (CHROME has been re-plated)
• Original hood bullets & mounts; (CHROME has been re-plated)
• OEM side view mirror
• Headlight bezel trim
• Headlight mounting buckets
• Front fender SS trim ( & OEM trim)
• Door SS strim ( & OEM trim)
• Rear quarter SS trim - both upper & Lower ( & OEM trim)
• OEM rear quarter top SS trim ( needs polishing)
• Hood "V"
• Hood bar chrome
• Hood bar chrome fender extensions ( L & R)
• Front windshield SS trim ( needs polishing)
• Rear quarter window SS trim ( needs polishing)
Liftgate /hatch hardware
• All weather stripping
• (2) gas fill tubes w/ mounts
• Rear latch supports
• Tailgate closing bumpers
• CHROME Tailgate spear assembly ( all 7 w/ latch & lock)
• tailgate fastener kit
• (2) Tailgate tensioners w/ cables
• Original rear window latch guide plates; (CHROME has been re-plated)
• Original tailgate latch mounts; (CHROME has been re-plated)
• Hatch cable guides
• (NEW) reproduction windshield w/ wipers
• Original side glass
• Original vent window glass
• Original quarter glass w/ functional sliders
• Original rear hatch glass assembly
• ALL OEM METAL
• bonus drivers side fender
• OEM 283 cu in V8 w/ 4 barrel carb
• OEM cast iron powerglide transmission
• OEM driveshaft
• OEM rear end
Parts needed for completeion
• gas tank
• heater box
• side panel flat trim
• air cleaner assembly