1987 Chevrolet V10 Silverado 4x4 SWB Original California Rust Free Survivor
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: C/K Pickup 1500
- Type: Standard Cab Pickup
- Trim: Silverado
- Year: 1987
- Mileage: 45,301
- VIN: 1gcev14k5hj133786
- Color: Black
- Engine size: 350
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: 4WD
- Interior color: Gray
- Options: 4-Wheel Drive, CD Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1987 Chevrolet C/K Pickup 1500 Silverado1987 Chevrolet K10 Silverado
RARE COLOR COMBINATIONBLACK LICORICE#19U/DARK CHARCOAL#18W
#G80 EATON FACTORY LOCKING DIFFERENTIAL
LAST YEAR OF THE SQUARE BODYPICKUP
FIRST YEAR FUEL INJECTION OFFERED
TOP OF THE LINE “YE9” PACKAGE
ORIGINAL CALIFORNIA TRUCK
CLEAN CAR FAX RUST FREE
NO RESERVE AUCTION
Have you ever thought what it would be like to go back in time and order a classic Chevrolet Square Body pickup? That’s not possible because the last one was built 30 years ago in 1987. The Square Body which started in 1973 and ran until 1987. As with most vehicles that have a 14 year run by the end most of the bugs have been worked out and usually the best trim levels and power options are at the end. This particular example is a California original from day one It was sold new in the Solano County town of Vacaville California. It has lived in the rich dry California farmland for the last 30 years.
What you see here is a 1987 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4 Wheel Drivewhich has never seen snow or ice or dirt which is crazy considering it hasGoodyear Wrangler 32x11.5 15 inch M/T. Take a look at the bed and try and find an almost perfect black bed like you see here.
With the exception of some dings removed from the doors this is an original survivor truck that is equipped with the right equipment in the right color combination. This original California survivor still sports the very rare 30 year old, period correct, 1987 original California Sunset license plate issued to this truck over 30 years ago.
This 1987 was the top of the line with the #YE9 package which gives you the Silverado package. The final year could be argued had the most efficient powerful power plant combination.
Under the hood is a Fuel Injected ZLD 5.7 Liter V8 engine and it is equipped with700R4 4 Speed automatic transmission. This is the best combination With the Dana 44 front axlewith power front disc brakesand the Corporate 10 boltin the rear. This was the only year for Fuel Injection.
In 1987, Chevrolet once again made some revisions to increase overall reliability, many of them borrowed from theTBI L03, which was to replace the LG4. The coil-in-cap HEI distributor was retired, and an all-new electronic distributor design was used. The intake manifold to head bolt pattern was redesigned to improve gasket integrity - four of the center intake manifold bolts were drilled at 72 degrees instead of 90 degrees for the cast iron cylinder heads. Changes to the valve covers were also made. "ribbing" was added to the top of the valve covers to increase surface area, acting as a heat sink. To improve intake gasket sealing, the mounting bolts were relocated to the valve cover centerline, placing all sealing pressure evenly upon the mounting flange perimeter... thus these became known as "centerbolt valve covers", first introduced in 1985 on the LB4 4.3L V6 and the Corvette a year earlier (the aluminum cylinder heads used with the Vette were the first to have the centerbolt valve covers). Another improvement was utilization of a hydraulic lifter/roller camshaft on most '87 LG4's. Some early engines have lifter retainer provisions, but utilize the older, non-roller camshaft. 1987 would also be the last year for the LG4 production; however a run of LG4 engines was made to supplement the carry-over production for the 1988 Monte Carlo and the 1988 Chevrolet Caprice.Here is a video of the truck running and driving!
1987 Chevy Silverado - YouTube
Video will open in a new window[isdntekvideo]
Cosmetically this truck is one of the nicest unrestored squarebody pickups. You really can tell that this truck has been babied its whole life and was never a truck used for work. The body is very straight, rust free and all the original metal. The paint shines beautifully, it is quite amazing how nice it looks for being 30 year old GM paint. The condition of a trucks bed is a great way to see how the truck was used. This 30 year old black bed looks fantastic, there are a few scratches but no big dents or bowed tailgate. This is a California truck and there is no rust anywhere.
Mechanically this truck safe and in great operatingcondition. The motor starts up and runs great. The fuel injected 350 is far superior to the carburated version is replaced 1 year earlier. It simply does everything better, its fast, more fuel efficient and more reliable. The 700r4 shift smooth in all gears. The brakes work good. The tires are almost new. All the lights work as they should as well as the horn. It passed the VERY STRICT California smog emissionstest with no issues.
Interior of this truck is in great shape. The seat has no rips in and is comfortable to sit in. The carpet has no stains or tears. All the Silverado door panels look great and are missing no piecesto the armrest or handle. All the gauges are functional. The original radio has been updated to a Pioneer CD deck which is functional. The heater and fan work as well. The AC does need to be recharged.
Check out the undercarriage of this truck. It is as clean underneath as it is on top!!!
Look at this original spare. It has never touched the pavement.
I have described this vehicle to the best ofmy knowledge and have included over 100 photos and a video. Rememberit is 30 year old Truck and if you have any SPECIFIC questions please don't hesitate to ask.It is priced to sell with a NO RESERVE, feel free to make an offer but please don't ask what I will take to end the auction.~Thanks and GOOD LUCK ~
TERMS OF SALE
I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO:
- Obtain and verify the registered information of all users who bid on this auction
- Cancel any and all bids at my discretion or end the auction early if necessary
- Bidders Age: You must be 18 years of age or older to bid
- Special eBay Bid Retraction Rules: Please read eBay's "Retracting a Bid"
- Your bid constitutes a legally binding contact to purchase this vehicle. Please read eBay's User Agreement
- If you place a bid before the last 12 hour period of the auction, you may retract that bid before the last 12 hour period but only for exception circumstances. You will not be allowed to retract that bid during the last 2 hour period of the auction.
- If you place a bid during the last 12 hour period of the auction, you will be allowed to retract the bid for exceptional circumstances but only if you do so within one hour after placing the bid.
- Buyer will need to arrange funds or financing before pickup or shipment.
- INSPECTION: I have done my best to disclose all information known about this vehicle for auction. I welcome a buyers inspections. If you plan to have a buyer's inspection, please make sure you inspect the vehicle prior to the auction ending. Inspection fees, if any, are buyers responsibility.
- REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES MADE BY SELLER: This vehicle is being sold "as is". No representations or warranties are made by seller, nor are any representationsor warranties relied upon by bidders in making bids.
- TITLE INFORMATION: If payment is made by cashier's or personal check we will hold all titles for 10 days or until funds have cleared.
- All shipping charges and arrangements are buyer's responsibility. I will make vehicle available to third party shipping company hired by buyer but will not be responsible in any way for claims arising from shipping damage.
- Licensed carriers are generally insured for $3,000,000.00. We assume no responsibility for damages incurred after the vehicle leaves our location. Any claimsor other communication regarding shipment of vehicles will be between you and the shipper, not with seller.
- The amount of time it takes for delivery is dependent on the carrier. Verify with the shipper for an estimated time of arrive to be sure.
- I will contact the successful high bidder by email after the auction closes.
- Successful high bidder MUST communicate with seller through eBay within 24 hours of the auction ending to make arrangements to complete their transaction. If we cannot confirm your intention to buy or the sale is not completed within 5 days, we reserve the right to relist this vehicles or sell to any other qualified buyer.
- In order to secure bidon vehicle, successful bidder (buyer) must within 24 hours of bid closing send to seller a non-refundable deposit in the amount of $500.00 via PayPal. Within 72 hours of bid closing, buyer must send balance of funds by bank wire transfer, cash in person, or bank certified funds to seller.