Chevy LUV Pickup Diesel Biodiesel 1982 Isuzu P'up Pup Faster Antique Rare
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Other Pickups
- SubModel: Diesel
- Type: Standard Cab Pickup
- Year: 1982
- Mileage: 102,654
- VIN: J8ZBL14S9C8210242
- Color: White
- Engine size: Diesel
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Biodiesel
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Blue
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: Cassette Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1982 Chevrolet Other Pickups
Rare Antique 1982 Factory Diesel Injection Japanese Pickup Truck
Final production year Chevy LUV diesel RWD garaged every winter and perfect for vintage truck collector, diesel hound, or biodiesel enthusiast. Retired Maine mechanic seeks new home for his favorite summertime ride of 32 years.
156 complete picture set on Microsoft One Drive1drv.ms/f/s!Al0UJ_k3KHUc0hI3RPCwmvlt7yIH
- Isuzu's rugged 2.2 liter C223 diesel engine, identical to Isuzu marine diesel engines.
- Isuzu marine suppliers can provide motor and electrical components when needed.
- Fuel injectors, glow plug controller, and some electrical relays changed six years ago. Fully functioning original glow plugs ignition system. Electrically complete and sound.
- Synthetic motor oil used exclusively since purchased used in â€˜85.
- Can run on 100% diesel, 50/50, or 80/20 blended diesel/fryer oil.
- Heater works.
- No factory or after market air conditioning, just ventilation.
- No power steering but light and easy to steer.
- Travels 65 MPH nicely, 75 MPH if necessary.
- Gets over 30 MPG city, 42 MPG highway.
- Good glass, no cracks.
- Minor rear end collision damaged original bed. Correct bed replacement found with roll-on bed liner now has a few rust holes shown (pictured).
- Truck fully repaired and repainted in original white color in early 2000s.
- Body and frame are clean and in good shape given its age.
- Several minor surface rust spots, some cracks, minor dents (please review entire photo set on One Drive above).
- Headliner and door panels good.
- Dashboard is sun-cracked (pictured).
- Original worn blue vinyl bench seat and unusable blue visors replaced in early 2000s with functional beige-colored P'up/LUV seat and visors.
- Bench seat vinyl now fragile per pictures and normally kept covered.
- Original floor mat need replacement (pictured).
- Clear title;
- Extra spare and rim;
- All original paperwork;
- Hemming manual;
- After market floor mats;
- Parts as pictured.
Please ask any and all questions prior to bidding. Serious buyers only. Sold as is, where is, without warranty.
$500 PayPal deposit required from winning bidder. Cash or cleared certified cashier's check for balance payment upon completion of sale or release for shipping. Buyer must either retrieve truck in Waterville, Maine, 04901, USA, or arrange your own shipping.Will cancel bids from buyers with "0" feedback or negative ratings with non-payment strikes. No scams.
Thank you for your interest!
Read Isuzu Faster/Chevy LUV model history on Wikipedia:
"North America: The United States continued to receive the Faster under the â€˜Chevrolet LUV' name for the second generation, introduced in 1980 for the 1981 model year. ...The LUV was now available with an Isuzu C223 diesel engine making 58 hp (43 kW) at 4,300 RPM and 93 lb•ft (126 N•m) at 2,200 RPM. This new engine gave the rear-wheel drive diesel LUV a fuel economy rating of 33 MPG US (7.1 L/100 km) city / 44 MPG US (5.3 L/100 km) highway."
"After the 1982 model year, General Motors stopped selling the Chevrolet LUV in the United States in favor of their own S-10 compact pickup, but Isuzu picked up sales in the US that same year under the name â€˜Isuzu P'up' (short for â€˜pickup'). The US market received the same engines as before; either a 80 hp (60 kW) 1.8-liter gasoline inline-four (G180Z) or a 2.2-liter diesel version with 58 hp (43 kW) (C223). Four-wheel drive was only available in short wheelbase form, though some 4wd long-wheelbase diesels are known to exist, possibly dealer-installed or aftermarket conversions. Because of shared technology with GM and Isuzu, the diesel was offered with the LUV's replacement until 1985."