1975 Chevy Nova - Mostly Original, Rare
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Nova
- Type: Hatchback
- Trim: Custom Hatchback
- Year: 1975
- Mileage: 60,500
- VIN: 1Y17H5T107437
- Color: Green
- Engine size: 350 V8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Green
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1975 Chevrolet Nova Custom Hatchback
When most people zig, you zag. You’re not afraid to step off the beaten path every now and then. In other words, you’re very comfortable in your own skin. As a car person, you sometimes wonder how many ’68 Camaros and modified Mustangs the world needs to see; every car show is littered with them. Sure, they’re often great cars, but you enjoy seeing that fringe car, the one that you don’t run across very often. Well, this is one of those cars.
I’m offering a 1975 Nova for sale. No, it’s not a ’69, nor is it a ’63; it’s a 1975 Nova that sits proudly in its mostly original Custom Hatchback, green-on-green, daring-to-be-different state. This car is a bit like a time capsule for people who lived in a normal family, who drove normal cars, except this car, in this condition, is no longer normal. This is a chance to own a very clean, very comfortable, very charming car, for a very reasonable investment.
Because you and I appreciate details, here they are:
1975 Chevrolet Nova Custom - 2-door Hatchback
- Restored / Reconditioned to Factory Representation
- Engine: 350 in³ 2-barrel carb;
- Transmission: Automatic - 350 Turbo;
- Power steering;
- Power brakes;
- Air Conditioning charged with R-12 refrigerant;
- Dark Green Metallic exterior with a full black vinyl top; interior is medium green cloth
- Great touring car, easy to drive. It has been on four Vintage Chevrolet Club Of America (VCCA) ‘Happy Days Tours’ and at four VCCA Central Meets. In VCCA judging, it has achieved ‘Preservation’ status. The most recent tour was completed in May 2017 to western New York; 1,030 miles were logged on that tour. It’s a very drivable and reliable Nova.
- The odometer shows 60,300 miles. I have many documents from the original owner that confirms these miles, and these documents will go with the car.
- Comes with two sets of wheels – original Chevy Rally wheels with narrow white wall tires, and Nova Rally wheels with Radial TA tires (see pictures)
- This car has a clear Ohio title that is stamped “salvage” as the result of fire damage to the paint on the back 6 inches of the vehicle. I have photo documentation of the paint before the car was repainted in 2012.
- 272,982 Novas were produced in 1975;
- 11,438 Custom Hatchbacks were produced with V-8 motors, which also includes 262 cu.in. V-8’s; this represents approximately 4% of 1975 Nova production
- Only 11% of the ’75 Novas were Hatchbacks;
- 1975 was the 1st year for the 4th generation Nova which ran until 1979
- In other words, this is a fairly rare car
For a fraction of what you’d invest in a car that everyone else seems to have, you can own a car that’s a bit different, a bit special. If this describes you and your way of thinking, then it behooves you to take a closer look at this unique Nova.