1966 Chevrolet Corvette 427CID/390HP Stingray Coupe, Rally Red / Black interior
Price: - Item location: Millstone Township, New Jersey, United States
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Corvette
- SubModel: Stingray L36
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: L36 427CID/390HP
- Year: 1966
- Mileage: 27,679
- VIN: 194376s115980
- Color: Rally Red
- Engine size: 427 cu.in. 390 hp
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1966 Chevrolet Corvette L36 427CID/390HP
- 1966 Corvette 427 CID / 390 HP Stingray Coupe
- VIN 194376S115980 w/ NUMBER MATCHING DATE CORRECT DRIVETRAIN. (Compare VIN suffix to Engine # suffix.)
- Standard features: 4 wheel disc brakes, independent front & rear suspension, independent rear-end.
- (RPO code) FACTORY OPTIONS : (898) Leather seats, (A01) Tinted glass - all windows, (L36) V-8 427cu.in./390HP, (G81) Differential - positraction, (M21) Close ratio Muncie transmission (3.36:1), (N14) Side exhaust, (N32) Steering wheel - teakwood, (N40) Power steering, (U69) AM-FM Radio, (U75) Power antenna.
- Trim code - 402 Black, Paint code - 974 Rally Red.
- Non-stock items: Optima gel-cell battery model 34/78-980 (CA1000/CCA800/RC100). Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 radial tires, incl spare (P215/70R15 97S). Current tire mileage = 1300. [5 Goodyear Bias-ply original equipment tires are also included in this sale - needed for full points when undergoing NCRS judging.]
- History: Body-off restoration, with engine rebuild, completed July 17, 1991, by Durland's Antique Auto Restoration, Edwardsville, PA. NCRS judging form scored 98.8/100 on Oct. 13, 1991. Currently < 28,000 miles since rebuild & restoration. Seller is third owner since R & R, purchased on 11/22/2000 w/ 24,346 miles. Owned 16-1/2 years; 3,333 miles added since purchase. Runs great, very fast eye-catching car with a great sound!
- Engine # (T0224IL 6115980). T=Tonawanda plant. 0224=Feb 24th. IL=8cyl/427CID/390HP/10.25:1 comp.ratio/4-barrel carb/manual-hi.perf.trans. 6=model year, 115980=production sequence.
- Carburetor: Holley # R3370, model 4160, 585CFM 4-barrel, w/ heat choke & vacuum secondaries.
- Drivetrain: Starter 1107365, Distributor 1111141, Alternator 1100693, Engine block 3869942, Heads 3872702, Carburetor 3882835, Intake manifold 3866948, Exhaust Manifolds 3880827 LH & 3880828 RH, Bell housing 3872444, Transmission 3885010 (tail 3857584), Differential 3871875.
- Correct production sequential dating: Differential (AU 11 15 65) - 11/15/65, Block casting (B16) - 2/1/66, Heads (B236) - 2/23/66, Engine assembly (T0224IL) - 2/24/66, Transmission (P0228) - 2/28/66, Body (G28) -2/28/66 ("Build date"), Completed (car #15,980) - 3/3-7/66 (1st week of March 1966).
- Car can be seen and inspected in Millstone Twp. (Clarksburg), NJ 08510. If it's too far away, Ebay Motors has partnered with WeGoLook.com who will dispatch an inspector to examine a vehicle and then provide a comprehensive report.
- Any questions, call Sean @732-221-2442.
Conditions of Sale:
- The successful high bidder will submit a $1,000.00 NON-REFUNDABLE payment deposit with PAYPAL within 24 hours of the close of the auction to secure the vehicle. A Bill of Sale will be prepared and signed by both parties. Buyer then agrees to pay remaining balance, due within 7 days of the close of the auction, via electronic funds transfer between banks. At that point, the vehicle's Title of Ownership will be signed over to the buyer, and the buyer will take possession of the vehicle. All financial transactions must be completed before release of the vehicle to the buyer.
- Please note that the sale of this vehicle is binding and FINAL. The vehicle is being sold AS-IS & WHERE-IS, with NO WARRANTY expressed, written, or implied. Any descriptions or representations are for identification purposes only and are not to be construed as a warranty of any type. It is the responsibility of the buyer to have thoroughly inspected the vehicle and to have satisfied himself/herself as to the condition and value, and to bid based upon that judgment. An effort has been made to represent the vehicle as accurately as possible, as well as to disclose any known defects. Seller assumes no responsibility for any future repairs. There is no warranty for anything that may or could happen after sale. Any inspections are to be completed before the end of sale, not afterward. Winning this auction does not entitle you to come inspect the car and decide if you want to buy it, but obligates you to complete the purchase. Thank you very much for bidding. Good luck!
- This vehicle is available for local pick-up. Any shipping of the vehicle is to be arranged and paid for by the buyer. Additionally, shipping arrangements can be made through uShip. Have the vehicle delivered by a customer-rated uShip service provider. Call 1-800-264-7447 or visituship.com
- Additional note: When judged by NCRS in Oct. 1991, Zora Duntov "father of the Corvette" was present, and personally signed the air cleaner himself. See photo.