1989 Corvette NICE! ~LOW~ 40k miles, "Greenwood" style package. HQ Pic+Videos
Price: US $7,599.99 Item location: Mesa, Arizona, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Corvette
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: 2 Door Coup
- Year: 1989
- Mileage: 40,338
- VIN: 1g1yy2184k5102198
- Color: Blue
- Engine size: 5.7 liter V8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Auto lock up 4 speed automatic transmission
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1989 Chevrolet Corvette 2 Door CoupRe-listed with a lower price. It had a lot of interest last week, so lets see if the lower price makes some action.
1989 Corvette with good quality "Greenwood" style aero ground effects and wing. I purchased this from a large Corvette collector, who had several blue c4's in his collection. I put it in my small collection and have only put a few hundred miles on it!
To see more photos and videos of it:
Because I want to give an honest representation of the car here is the good and bad:
- Super low miles for this year of a car. This is miles from a typical 2015 car!
- Good paint. Not 100% perfect, but maybe 99%! it was hard to even take photos of any imperfections.
- Low miles. Has been driven before, but at least in the last five years it has been basically parked, under cover in a garage.
- New tires, less than 250 miles. Just speed balanced them this week for a smooth ride. I just drove it on the freeway and through the twisty hills and it handles good!
- Newer battery, held on a battery maintainer
- about 500 miles since new fuel lines, new flow matched fuel injectors and plenum upgrade
- Good interior. Seat bottoms were redone with previous collector. I was told a mechanic ripped them with a screwdriver in is pocket, so they have been replaced. No rips now. Backs are original and show some age but are good and still very soft and comfortable. Dash is great with no cracks.
- Nice carpet
- Rides like a dream. Suspension is tight and smooth
- Trans feels great. Shifts perfectly.
- Does not smoke, have idle issues. Runs great.
- "Dark glass" top with padded sun shield insert.
- Windows roll up and down properly
- 1989 was the last year of digital dash, L98 engine and angled rear bumper combination.
- Many parts under the car still have their paper bar code labels from the factory, showing you it has not been in weather or abused.
- You probably cant get as close to a brand new sports car for this money. I purchased this car for nearly double my asking price. My loss is your gain.
- It is ready for someone to drive it, but I don't have the time or means right now. I don't drive it enough to keep the tires round. That is why it has new tires now, the old ones became flat spotted from parked too long.
- A/C stopped working while running in the driveway. Fan blows, but warm. There appears to still be pressure and refrigerant in the A/C system, so it could be a low or high pressure switch or the dash switch, or just slightly low on refrigerant. I think it should be an in-expensive fix. Or maybe you live where you don't need A/C!
- There is a "Door Ajar" light on the dash console. One of the door pin switches is not reading closed. It was like this when I bought it, just never bothered to figure out which one of the three $2 door pins is not working.
- Bose speakers have the dreaded capacitor issue making them pop and whine. At least two need to be replaced or repaired. This is very common for 1980's vettes, Great radios when they work, sucks when the capacitors fail in them. Plenty of how-to videos on fixing them for a few dollars per speaker, or use one of the Vette companies that fixes them.
- Glass top has some very small scratches, barely noticeable, almost no one can tell unless your nose is all most touching it, but they are there. I don't know how they got there, they were there when I purchased it, but I am thinking it was from a car cover or someone sliding something over the top. Like I said, not very noticeable, but just being honest, they are there.
- The door molding on the drivers side has a 1/4" indentation mark in it. This is about one of the only exterior marks that makes it not perfect!
- The car just sits in my collection. There may be little items I have not noticed because I do not spend a lot of time with the car now. It needs a great home, and someone to drive it! It was made to be driven! Recent changes in health has me rethinking my life and I need to get down to fewer cars. I will probably be posting up 3 cars this week!
FINE PRINT: Sold, AS-IS, how it sits right now, because it is an older classic car. No warranties or promises of anything. As with any used car, you should plan to have it serviced and inspected yourself before you use it. Look at the photos and videos to see what you are getting. I tried to make it clear for all the things that matter. Pre-inspection is okay on appointment because I am not always with the car. Please take a good look at the photos and videos and ask questions before bidding. Miles may change as it is driven. I reserve the right to cancel the auction for *any reason*, including listing errors and erroneous bidders or eBay problems.
MORE FINE PRINT: Winning bidder to pay $500 NON-REFUNDABLE deposit at end of auction. I do this because of people that think this is a game and it has cost me money. Balance of payment is due within 7 days after of end of auction, only by CASH in person transacted at my bank, or certified cashiers check by mail. Once funds have cleared my bank, I will give you clean Arizona title, by hand or FedEx overnight to you. I can hold the vehicle locked and covered in a garage, for up to three weeks so you can make arrangements for shipping. Vehicle is located in Mesa, Arizona zip 85205.
Tags: Corvette, vette, hotrod, classic, viper, mustang, camaro, chevy, ford, muscle car, race car, C4, C3, C5, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 89, L82, L98, LT1, LT5, ZR1, Z51, Z06,