1970 Chevelle SS 454 Resto-Mod Tribute (Titled 1972 Chevelle)
Price: - Item location: Shippensburg, Pennsylvania, United States
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Chevelle
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: SS PACKAGE
- Year: 1972
- Mileage: 5,000
- Color: FATHOM BLUE WITH WHITE RALLEY STRIPES
- Engine size: GM CRATE 454
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: TURBO 400 AUTOMATIC
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Safety options: Anti-Lock Brakes
- Options: FRONT DISC BRAKES, Cassette Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1972 Chevrolet Chevelle SS PACKAGE*ALL PHOTOS OF THE VEHICLE (EXCEPT FOR COVER PHOTO) AND THE VIDEO IN THE LISTING WERE TAKEN IN MAY 2017 AND ACCURATELY REFLECT THE VEHICLE'S OVERALL APPEARANCE & CONDITION.
This vehicle is titled as a 1972 Chevelle but has been refitted as a 1970 Chevelle SS 454 during its extensive frame-off restoration where it received all new 1970 Chevelle style fenders, headlights, and tail lights.
This vehicle received a frame-offrestoration (detailed below) and is still in excellent condition as it has only been on the road for 5000 miles since the restoration was completed. The car runs and drives beautifully, the front power disc brakes and rear drum brakes are all in excellent condition, the wheels have no damage or dents and the tires are still in good shape with good tread. The windows all roll up and down easily, are scratch free, and the car is air and water tight. The air conditioning, heat, defrost, and wipers all work great. The radio and speakers are loud and clear. All Lights and Signals Are In Working Order. Theengine compartment is still in beautiful condition.Underneath the vehicle is still in beautiful shape with no major blemishes fromdriving and the paint on the body of the vehicle is still in perfect condition.
- 1970 Chevelle factory "Fathom Blue" white SS Rally Stripes in PPG base coat/clear coat
- SS trim & badges throughout with chrome drip rails and chrome wheel well trim
- P245/45ZR17 BF Goodrich 17 inch tires in the front
- P255/50R17 BFGoodrich 17 inch tires in the rear
- 17 inch Boyd Coddington Billet Aluminum "Junkyard Dog" Wheels front and rear
- All new sheet metal throughout (except for roof which was original to the vehicle)
- New 1970 Chevelle styledealfront headlight bezel
- New 1970 Chevelle Tail Light Panels
- New Fenders
- New Cowl Induction Hood
- New Trunk
- New Inner & Outer Rockers
- New Doors
- New Full Quarter Panels
- New Inner Fender Wheel Wells
- New Inner Quarter Wheel Wells
- New Full Floor Pan
- New Full Trunk Pan
- New Braces & Supports throughout
- New SS Steel Dash Support
- New Front 1970 Chevelle Chrome Bumper with Turn Signals
- New Rear 1970 Chevelle Chrome Bumper
- GM Crate 454 Big Block Engine
- Select Performance SS TH Turbo 400 Automatic Transmission
- Flow masterHeaders
- Flow Master H-Pipe Chambered Dual Exhaust with Chrome Tips
- Rebuilt 1970 Chevelle 12 Bolt Rear End with 3:42 Ratio with New Eaton, Posi, Yukon Axles. All New Bearings & Seals, Motive Ring & Pinion.
- Front Power Disc Brake Conversion from The Right Stuff with Booster
- Black Powder Coated Rear Drum Brakes from The Right Stuff
- Stainless Steel Power Disc Brake Lines (Front) from The Right Stuff
- Stainless Steel Front to Rear Drum Brake Lines from The Right Stuff
- Stainless SteelRear Axel Brake Lines from The Right Stuff
- Stainless Steel Front to Rear Fuel Line from The Right Stuff
- Performance Suspension Technology Front Coil Springs
- Performance Suspension TechnologyPolygraphist Super Kit with Front Sway Bars and Bushings
- T-400 Drive Shaft
- Power Steering
- Performance Radiator 1970 Chevelle SS Racing Radiator
- Old Air Products Factory A/C, Heat, & Defrost Kit with A/C Compressor &Condensor
- All New EngineWiring Harness & Lighting Wiring Harnesses
- All New Factory Style Tinted Glass
- SS Dash with Black Dash Pad
- SS Black Vinyl Bucket Seats
- SS Center Console with Floor Shifter for Automatic
- SS Black Vinyl Door Panels & Inner Quarter Panels
- SS Black Vinyl Bench Seat
- Black Headliner
- Black Rear Package Tray (with two speakers)
- Tilt/Shift Steering Column with SS Steering Wheel
- 6500 Series Red Line Gauge Cluster (Fully operational)
- Black Molded Loop Carpet
- Retractable Black Lap Belt Seat Belts
- Black Lap Belt Seat Belts (three)
- Factory Style AM/FM Cassette Head Unit
- Alpine 4x6 Coax Speakers (front)
- JL 6x9 Tri-Axial Speakers (rear)
- All New Chrome Door Handles & Window Rollers
- All New Weatherstrip
- All New Window Felts & Fuzzies
- All New DashWiring Harness
OVER $100,000 INVESTED IN THIS RESTORATION!
This 1970 Chevelle SS 454 tribute was restored and customized for the owner by Carlisle Customs & Classics, an award-winning restoration and custom automotive shop, with a reputation for excellence. The car has also been maintained exclusively by Carlisle Customs & Classics since its restoration was completed. No cost or detail was spared in this restoration with all new parts used throughout the build, including a GM crate 454, new Turbo 400 Transmission, all new sheet metal (except for keeping the original roof), all new SS interior, and extensive body work and PPG base coat/clear coat refinishing throughout the entire job (interior, exterior, underside). The vehicle has consistently been appraised and insured for $100,000 since it was completed.
INCLUDED WITH THE SALE OF THIS VEHICLE IS A PHOTO BOOK AND PHOTO DISC WITH HUNDREDS OF PHOTOS DOCUMENTING THE RESTORATION PROCESS, AND ALL COPIES OF INVOICES FOR THE PARTS USED DURING RESTORATION AND THE COST OF THE BUILD.
This frame off restoration included all new metal including fenders, doors, quarters, full floor and trunk floor panels, inner and outer rocker panels, inner quarter wheel wells, inner fender wheel wells, and supports. The frame was completely taken down to the bare metal, all metal work repaired and secured, and then treated with body work and refinished in PPG base coat/clear coat paint. The underside of the vehicle including the floor pans, wheel wells, and underneath the hood also received body work and PPG base coat/ clear coat black paint.
After all of the new sheet metal was installed the car received body work and was treated with rust defender coating before being primed and block-sanded by hand three seperate times to ensure smooth body lines. The shell of the car was then painted (off of the frame) inside and outside in the 1970 Chevelle "Fathom Blue" color with PPG base coat, the parts including the hood, trunk, doors, headlight housings, valences, inner fenders, outer fenders, etc, were also painted in PPG Fathom Blue base coat. The SS Ralley Racing Stripes were then taped out on the car's body, hood, and trunk and GM White PPG base coat was applied. After the stripes were completed the entire car and all parts were cleared in PPG premium clear coat. The car body and all parts were then individually wet sanded and buffed before the vehicle was assembled (including inside of the vehicle like the interior of the trunk compartment and inner quarter panels which were also refinished in Fathom Blue base coat clear coat).
Only brand new parts were used on this vehicle, down to the smallest stainless steel nut or bolt, so this is truly like owing a better-than-brand-new 1970 Chevelle SS. The car has all new mechanical and electrical parts with a GM crate 454 big block engine, a turbo 400 automatic transmission, Performance Radiator 1970 Chevelle SS racing edition radiator, Old Air Products GM Factory Air Conditioning, Heat, and Defrost kit with compressors andcondensers,a fully rebuilt 12 bolt rear end with 3:42 ratio, Flow master headers and full chambered dual exhaust, and all stainless steel lines and front end disc brake conversion from The Right Stuff, Performance Suspension Technology front coil springs and polygraphist super kit and bushings. Under the hood has an upgraded stock appearance with special touches like the Fathom Blue base coat/clear coat firewall and inner fenders, black base coat/clear coat paint on the underside of the cowl hood, and milled billet aluminum cowl-hood air cleaner cover, valve covers, and caps.
The interior of this vehicle also received a complete restoration with all new tinted factory style glass, new weather stripping, new SS style dash and black dash pad, new 6500 Series Redline Gauges, new tilt shift steering column with SS steering wheel, new SS bucket seats and SS center console with automatic floor shifter. The entire interior compartment of the vehicle was covered in Dynamat sound deadening pads before being covered withnew molded black loop carpet. The front bucket seats and rear bench weredisassembled, sandblasted, and recovered with new foams, new burlap, and new factory style SS black vinyl design in addition to new black vinyl SS door panels, inner quarter panels, black headliner, and rear package tray. All of the chrometrim and handles are new and in excellent working order. The windows roll up and down easily and are scratch free.
The vehicle has a aggressive stance with a slight rakeforward, sitting on BFGoodrich P245/45ZR17 17 inch wheels in the front and P255/50R17 BFGoodrich 17 inch tires in the back, with 17 inch Boyd Coddington billet aluminum wheels all around. Also included is a full size spare P245/45ZR17 BFGoodrich 17 inch tire with Boyd Coddington wheel and factory style jack in the trunk. The exterior is also enhanced with chrome wheel well trim, chrome drip rail trim, SS badges, SS Ralley Stripes, and SS Cowl Induction hood. However, the most stunning feature aboutthe car's exterior are thelaser straight body lines and mirror-like Fathom Blue paint.
PLEASE CALL VINNY AT (717) 226-3393 FOR MORE INFORMATION.