1956 Chevy Nomad "Old School Custom" Incrdible Time Capsule
Price: - Item location: Huntington Beach, California, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Nomad
- SubModel: Nomad
- Type: Wagon
- Trim: Nomad
- Year: 1956
- Mileage: 2,800
- VIN: VC56L073004
- Color: Sierra Gold/Rose
- Engine size: 350 crate motor
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: Muncie 4spd with Hurst shifter
- Interior color: Tan
- Options: Cassette Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1956 Chevrolet Nomad NomadTHIS CAR IS BEING RE LISTED AS THE "BUYER" HAD THE DEPOSIT BUT NOT THE REMAINDER EVEN AFTER A REASONABLE AMOUNT OF TIME. COMPARE IT TO ANY OTHERS OFFERED. SEE IT, OU WILL NOT BELIEVE THE CONDITION. This '56 Nomad is an incredible garage find. In dry storage since 2001 the car was a frame off restoration approximately 20 years ago and looks like it was done "20 days ago." Since the restoration the car was driven 2800 miles...that's twenty eight hundred miles...
Look at the photos at the end showing the car being removed on a flat bed and the 82 year old widow of the owner saying goodbye. I have additional photos of work being done to bring the car back to life in case there is any question of the work completed besides the receipts.
If your desire is to own a TRI 5 Nomad that will get thumbs up wherever you go and be a pleasure to drive do not wait on this opportunity as I have a very reasonable reserve on this Nomad so there will be no disappointments to the new owner. You could not build this car today for twice the reserve. The paint is nearly flawless with no cracks, razing, ops, tc. Chrome and stainless is flawless as if done yesterday.
The underside looks like the body, ee the photos, the fender well sheet metal is new, ven the hardware, olts etc. are, ccording to the Tri 5 guys correct.
Here is the info:
1. 350 CRATE MOTOR COMPLETELY GONE THROUGH INCLUDING NEW MANIFOLD AND VALVE COVER GASKETS, OMPLETELY REBUILT FOUR BARREL, LL NEW FILTERS, IL AND FLUIDS. ALL COMPONENTS, ELTS, OSES, TC. INSPECTED AND REPLACED AS NEEDED.
2. GAS TANK FLUSHED, INES CLEANED AND BLOWN OUT. NEW FUEL FILTERS, ANK FILTER, UEL PUMP, TC.
3. NEW CONTROL ARM BUSHINGS, EE PHOTOS
4. ALL COMPONENTS, RAKES, OWER STEERING, LECTRICS INSPECTED FOR PROPER OPERATION. NEW BATTERY INSTALLED. REBUILT ALTERNATOR, OWER WINDOWS OPERATE CORRECTLY AS DOES THE POWER ANTENNA.
5. RADIATOR (WALKER) INSPECTED (NO RUST, ORROSION FOUND) NEW OVERFLOW PRESSURE TANK INSTALLED. CAR RUNS COOL.
6. COMPLETE PROFESSIONAL DETAIL PERFORMED TO SHOW STANDARDS BY THE ORIGINAL "DOCTOR DETAIL" IN COSTA MESA, A
7. CAR COMES WITH A/C COMPRESSOR (NEVER USED, OLISHED CHROME AND STAINLESS) AND ALL BRACKETS NEEDED TO INSTALL, ULLEY IS IN PLACE. A/C WOULD REQUIRE THE REST OF THE KIT.
1. 350/350 CRATE MOTOR, UNCIE 4 SPEED WITH HURST SHIFTER, ALKER RADIATOR, " FORD REAR END, OWER FRONT DISC BRAKES, 05 POWER STEERING,
2. POWER WINDOWS, OWER ANTENNA, INTAGE LECARRA STEERING WHEEL AND MUCH MORE.
3. OLD SCHOOL CUSTOM INTERIOR LOOKS BRAND NEW DONE BY THE FAMOUS LEON JONES (HERE IS SOME REAL HISTORY)
OWN AN AMAZING PIECE OF HISTORY.
THE CAR IS CURRENTLY LICENSED UNTIL MAY 2016 IN CALIFORNIA WITH VINTAGE PLATES.
Some things to remember:
Placing a bid-your bid constitutes a legally binding contract to purchase this vehicle. PLEASE DO NOT BID IF YOU ARE NOT SERIOUSLY INTERESTED OR FINANCIALLY ABLE TO PURCHASE THIS VEHICLE.
I reserve the right to obtain and verify the registered information of all bidders.
I reserve the right to cancel at any time for any reason at my discretion all bids and/or end the auction at any time.
I recommend and encourage a personal inspection PRIOR to the end of the auction.
This vehicle is being sold "as is" and while I have endeavored to accurately describe the vehicle, nce again I encourage inspections and I will be happy to answer all questions to the best of my ability, here is no representation or warranties made or implied.