1964 Corvette Sting Ray, Fastback Coupe, 300HP 327 4 Speed, Numbers Matching
Price: US $32,500.00 Item location: Freehold, New Jersey, United States
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Corvette
- Type: Fastback Sport Coupe
- Trim: Fastback Sport Coupe
- Year: 1964
- Mileage: 47,700
- VIN: 40837 S1114 24
- Color: White
- Engine size: small block V-8, 300 HP
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Optional 4 speed Transmission
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Blue
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1964 Chevrolet Corvette Fastback Sport CoupeHello, and Thanks for checking out this listing. I am selling this for a friend of mine who has owned this Corvette for about four years. He is retiring and downsizing, I will be listing several cars for him in the near future. I am holding a clear New Jersey Title for this car.
This Corvette is a driver quality car, It is not perfect cosmetically, But starts right up and drives fine. He has driven it as a fair weather pleasure car but it hardly saw much mileage. It mechanically seems to be in good condition. It appears that the hood has been replaced at some point as there are no "scallop indentations" towards the front of the car, There are signs of the paint being touched up over the years, but no signs that it was ever in a serious accident or collision.
This car was factory built with a 300 HP 327, optional 4 speed manual transmission and has engine code RD, Casting Block Stamp # 37822870, Sequential engine stamping matches V.I.N. #
Many things have been upgraded, such as: tires (Michelin X Radials),Aluminum radiator, radiator hoses, brake lines, parking brake assembly and related items, battery tray and hold downs, exhaust,heat riser valve, ignition parts, coil,coil resistor, spark plugs and wires, water pump, heater hoses, voltage regulator, front coil springs, front shocks, rear leaf spring, u joints, rear shocks, clutch housing cover, transmission pinion seal, cross member mount, fuel pump, license plate housing, outside rear view mirror. All of these items were purchased from Corvette Central.
Also includes many of the original parts that were taken off of the car, if they are of any use to the new buyer. There is also a copy of the 1964 Corvette Assembly Manual (in a three ring binder) by Corvette Central which will be included in the sale.
I have checked the V.I.N. plate and the body trim plate located on the dash support, passenger side. I am not an expert but here is the information.
V.I.N. # 40837 S1114 24
- Number 4 Designates the year, 1964
- Style 837, This is for Corvette Sting Ray, Fastback Coupe. 8 is the series, 37 is the body style, Sport Coupe
- Plant designation, This car was built in St. Louis, MO
- the next set of numbers is the "sequential order" manufactured for this year, 11424
- Trim 490, Dark Blue Vinyl interior
- Body A-086, This body was built by A.O Smith, #-086 in sequential order.
- Paint 936A, Ermine White exterior. Only 3909 were Ermine White out of a total # 22,229 corvettes produced in 64, (convertibles and coupes)