1957 Chevrolet Belair Restored Power Steering Power Disc Brakes
Price: US $26,000.00 Item location: Sherman, Texas, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Bel Air/150/210
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: Belair
- Year: 1957
- Mileage: 0
- VIN: B57K195767
- Color: Matador Red
- Engine size: 327 V8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Power Steering, Power Front Disc Brakes
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Turbo 350 Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black/Gray
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1957 Chevrolet Bel Air/150/210 BelairThis car has been completely been gone through from front to back and I have receipts totaling over $22,000 just in parts and work done to the car. It appears to be a slightly older restoration but the receipts show purchase dates of around 2012-2014.
- The car has a great look and stance.
- It is sitting on a one piece California frame, it has had all of the floor pans replaced and the welds were ground down smooth for a very nice, seamless look and the car is rock solid underneath with no rust issues showing. The floor braces are all in great shape and not rusty on the ends like so many of these cars end up. The inner and outer rocker panels are super solid as well.
- All of the exterior trim and moldings are new or restored to new condition and look great.
- The wheels are 15" American Racing chrome 5 spokes with nice BFGoodrich tires all the way around.
- All of the glass is new and all of the windows roll up and down smoothly.
- All of the head lights, tail lights, brake lights and turn signals work as they should.
- The horn also works.
- The paint job is the biggest downside to this car. It was probably a really nice paint job when it was originally painted, but I believe it had some sort of bad chemical reaction and it has tiny bubbles/blisters all over the car. To be a super nice show car, the car would unfortunately need to be repainted. It looks fantastic in photos and from 10 feet away but when you get up close you can see the imperfections. I wanted to describe the paint condition before someone spent the time to come look at the car in person. I would be more than happy to take close up photos for anyone that is seriously interested in the car that is not in a position to come look at the car in person.
- All of the interior has been completely redone and looks fantastic.
- The bucket seats are new aftermarket units that have been recovered in black and gray leather and are very comfortable. They slide forward and back and also recline. The original rear seat was also recovered in the same leather and is in great shape as well.
- The door panels were covered in the same leather and are also in great shape.
- The chrome tilt steering column and leather wrapped chrome steering wheel are new and in great shape.
- The Lokar shifter is new and has a low profile and does not look obtrusive.
- All of the dash trim is new and in great shape.
- The speedometer is hooked up at the transmission but does not work so the head inside the speedo may be bad or froze up and need to be replaced. The gas gauge does work.
- The engine is a rebuilt 327 V8 that runs very strong. I have receipts for all of the work that was done when the engine was rebuilt. It has an Edelbrock aluminum intake manifold, Demon 4 barrel carburetor, HEI distributor, finned aluminum oil pan, chrome water pump and alternator, aluminum water pump and crankshaft pulleys, finned aluminum valve covers and air cleaner, and factory cast iron exhaust manifolds running through new dual exhaust to a pair of turbo mufflers with tail pipes running out the back of the car.
- The transmission is a turbo 350 with a shift kit and about a 2400 stall converter that will chirp the tires going into 2nd gear if you want it to. It also has a Lokar braided stainless steel transmission dipstick tube cleanly mounted to the firewall.
- The rear end is stock with what feels like 3.73 gears. It runs really strong from a dead stop but I would put an overdrive in it if I were planning on doing much highway cruising.
- All of the suspension has been redone with new parts from CPP.
- The power steering box is a new CPP unit and the steering feels nice and responsive.
- The power front disc brake conversion is also from CPP and has a great pedal feel and stops the car easily.
- The rear end has to stock drum brakes.
All transactions will have documentation and applicable fees added. All Texas residents will pay TT&L and applicable fees.