1986 Red Chevrolet Camaro V8 Automatic with Bridgestone Blizzak Snow Tires
Price: - Item location: Aurora, Colorado, United States
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Camaro
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: Sport Coupe 2-Door
- Year: 1986
- Mileage: 534,870
- VIN: 1G1FP87H2GL101607
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 5.0L 305Cu. In. V8 GAS OHV Naturally Aspirated
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning (needs AC belt), Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Options: Cassette Player (barely works)
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1986 Chevrolet Camaro Sport Coupe 2-Door1986 Camaro V8 2D Automatic Coupe. THIS IS A FIXER-UPPER SOLD "AS IS".
My very detailed description may make the car sound worse than it is, but I want to be as honest and upfront as possible. If the new owner doesn't care about the car's cosmetic issues, I honestly feel the camaro could be up and running for a few hundred dollars (just fix the overheating problem and focus on whatever needs to be done to start a car that hasn't been started in over a year).
The original 305 engine was replaced in 1999 (with a 350 engine, I was told). Since I do not know how to differentiate one engine from another, assume the engine is a 305 even though I had it checked twice and was told both times it has a 350. This has been a greatly loved, well-used car -- the replaced engine now has 300,000 miles on it while the car's body has 534,870. It has always run great, a little slow shifting out of first but very fast after that.
The car has a black cloth interior, power windows and locks, rear spoiler. The air conditioner needs an AC belt and since the AC has not been operated for 15 years or so, it might need to be serviced.
The body looks like an older car with some dents, rust, fist-sized holes on the bottom edge (below the door), chipped pieces on the hood, etc. The car has a few dents where people have hit my car while I sat at a traffic light or where they hit my car while it was in a parking lot and they took off (see photos).
It is a rough ride like a sports car should because I have not had any work done on the shocks for many years (I spent my money on things that kept the car running rather than on comfort).
1) The carburetor was rebuilt in January 2015. The car was driven for only one month after that.
2) A custom built Y-Pipe was installed in January 2015 and a new Starter was installed a few months before that.
3) In February 2015 the steering column was rebuilt but I'm not sure that work was done properly since I could feel a pop when turning the steering wheel. As a result of this work, the dome light doesn't come on and the cassette player/radio doesn't turn on -- I think a wire or cable was not re-attached (the cassette player barely works anyway).
4) There are several leaks -- oil leaks, a small radiator hose leak, and others. I have had these leaks for many years and only had a few drops on my garage floor each day. I never had to add oil befpre each 3,000 oil change to keep the car running.
5) The car has not been driven since February 2015 because it was running hot. I think the car needs a new heater core. The car has an over-sized radiator and that has always helped the car to run "cool".
6) The intermittent wiper assembly was replaced with a non-intermittent system without my approval, so the wipers are no longer intermittent. The hatch release works but the hatch goes up and goes back down and closes (you have to have someone prevent the hatch from going back down to open it) -- this should be an easy fix.
7) The fabric on the seats are worn and the fabric on the roof was partially removed because it was hanging low.
8) The passenger seat sits too low and leans back (can't slide forward).
9) There are some cracks on the dash which were created by the shop that did work on the steering column (mentioned earlier).
10) The driver's door, which is extremely heavy, needs new hinges. As a result, the door hangs low and you have to slam it to make it shut tight (it's a little off-center).
11) Two Bridgestone Blizzak Snow Tires (cost was almost $500.00) were installed in October 2013 (at Odometer 522,081) and two Bridgestone Blizzak Snow Tires were installed in July 2014 (at OD 530,288), so the last two tires have been driven for only 4,582 miles. The cost of all 4 tires was nearly $500.00.
12) The windshield is in very good condition. It is an expensive windshield (almost $500.00) that was installed a few years ago.
13) The car will not pass Emissions as is (no surprise there).
14) The original Camaro Manual is included.
15) Also included are two new, unused Fram Extra Guard Air Filters (they last twice as long) and one Breather Element.
NOTE: I am the original owner of this Camaro and drove it for 29 years so you should expect the typical flaws and wear-and-tear associated with an old car. It has been sitting in my garage since February 2015, and as a result, it no longer starts.
This is a FIXER-UPPER and no guarantees are made other I always had fun driving it even in its present condition. To avoid disappointment, you should expect to repair the majority of things.I am selling my well-loved Camaro "AS IS".
This is a fun, fast car that only someone who will have fun rebuilding a Camaro should purchase.
BECAUSE THE CAR CANNOT START, THE BUYER MUST ARRANGE TOWING AT THEIR EXPENSE.
Payment: A NON-REFUNDABLE deposit of $100.00 via PayPal is due within 24 hours of the close of the auction. The remainder to be paid in CASH at time of pickup or you can use Ebay Financing.