1963 Chevrolet Biscayne 2 dr POST COUPE
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Type: U/K
- Trim: BISCAYNE
- Year: 1963
- Mileage: 0
- VIN: 31111K104775
- Color: White
- Engine size: Genuine Vintage Corvette 327/350
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: 3 sp column manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Red
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1963 Chevrolet BISCAYNE
You are biding on a very very straight, very nice, 1963 Biscayne, 2dr, post coupe. Patina surface areas intentionally left for the look I wanted. My build was to do what we did in the late 60’s, find a straight used coupe body, go to the wrecking yard and buy a full out Corvette motor, get the wider wheels from a station wagon (now called 409 wheels), install cutouts (bolt on back then), some air shocks, throw a set of pie crusts in the trunk, and go looking for a “run” with the sleeper.I found an original Texas car. It was garage stored. Still has window stickers from 1970 & a 1984 inspection sticker. I have the original title from the dealer to the owner in Georgetown, TX. I bought the best of parts. Nothing cut or altered. Professionally installed.
This car draws attention each time I’ve taken it anywhere...BECAUSE of itsunique and sympathetic build; not the complete ratted out look or the paint to perfection, tremec or wigglystick or Hurst 4 sp, disc brakes, chrome dual circuit power brake unit, or same Edelbrock valve covers, air cleaners, Flowmasters, & mag wheel combos that everyone always sees. Desirable original white & red car, to wit:
1. Rust free body completely soda blasted underneath and cleaned as if concours. Inside floor cleaned, blacked, and somedyna mat for sound/heat. Frame repainted black. Entire pan & fender wells painted with epoxy red oxide primer. Professional body & paint guys told me they believe this to be the original paint other than a touchup here and there over the yearsbefore it was put away. I did not clear it or anything like that, just cleaned up and waxed.Had firewall and inner OE fender wells and under hood repainted while engine was out.
2. Purchased @ 65 vintage Corvette genuine high nickel block complete engine; 2.02 heads etc. etc. Completely verified and rebuilt by local pro Chevy engine builder, Mike Thomas. Added new 2.5” cast headers for basis of exhaust system. New distributor, with Pertronix, all Corvette parts from Paragon Corvette from air cleaner down, OE snowflake (Winters) aluminum manifold, new Holley, filters, pump, but installed hydraulic cam - same lift & duration as the solid lifter. New as needed internal parts, springs and such.New coil, wires, plugs, senders, alternator with Corvette pulley, OE & refinished deep groove pulleys,new OE clutch fan & Corvette fan blade, dual fan belts. Original cleaned & serviced V8 wagon radiator & fan shroud. New clutch pressure plate etc. & all gaskets, seals,brings, bolts and machine work, as well as anything else associated with a high end engine rebuild. Drips a drop or so of oil at filter and rear trans seal when sitting cold. When it warms up itreallllllly comes alive. NO JUNK &ridiculously expensive...but I was building something to keep, not flip or pass off! All new water hoses, thermostat, clamps, etc, to include GM heater hose. Has less than 100 driven miles approximately.
3. Original 3:55 chunk, checked & serviced. Orig 3 speed. New center bearing and built U joints on drive shaft. New Delco front shocks & new Delco rear HD air shocks with fitting inside trunk. Only inflated to test install. Car sits at stock ride height as pictured. New Stainless gas tank, collar, straps & pads. New full length 3/8” fuel line. New sender, clamps, fittings, filters and hoses. OE 3 speed on column serviced installed & adjusted. New pedal pads. New hardwarewhere possible & as needed, OE hardware cleaned & saved when possible.
4. New NOS correct GREEN face SW tach, oil pressure, and water temp gauges. Fuel gauge works properly. Original radio & other equipment operate fine. New front wire harnesses for V8, new regulator, new alternator, ground straps, DELCO tar top (gel pack) battery, from Antique Battery co w/ lots of cca, OE spring clip battery cables, correct fender hold downs, hood pads & more.
5. Complete dual circuit brake install for drums using OEM Chevrolet dual circuit Master Cylinder. ALL New wheel cylinders, new hoses, new steel lines, new hoses, new hardware/clips/springs, all new shoes and new AC/Delco drums…all 4 corners. All wheel bearings serviced, new front dust caps. No stripped lugs or marredlug nuts; car greased & lubed as prescribed.
6. NOS, 4, Genuine OEM, 6 x14” steel wheels (often called the "409" wheel), powder coated gloss black, and the CORRECT ones for a 63 (no hubcap nubs). No pits or cover ups. Brand new Diamondback Redline radial tires, 14”. 2 more NOS 6x14 wheels go with car, as I never got around to doing the pie crusts. Also comes with 5 original dog dish 63 caps & some misc. stuff.
7. Custom made at local exhaust shop, full-length 2.5” stainless exhaust, exiting in original locations behind rear tires. Custom stainless mufflers for a rich but not beat you to death sound. Electric cutouts with dump pipes exiting behind front fender well. These were QTC aluminum setups with 11/16 hardware and encased motors, not the cheap grade setup.Switch unobtrusively mounted under dash, driver side.
8. Original sourced genuine oldstockseat covers (JC Whitney / Western Auto type), original black rubber mat & headliner. Upholsterer cleanedsprings, painted retied, new foam pads, then stretched covers on &stitched up. Full red 3” competition lap seat belts with aircraft latches. Other original interior parts remain and have wear as expected for its age; except for seat covers & belts which are new.
9. Comes with: original owners manual. Service manual, shop/assembly manual, full color, oversized & laminated wire diagram, jack & handle, original spare tire & wheel, new trunk mats in a nice clean and splatter painted grey/white trunk, vintage spinner knob on steering wheel, genuine Corvette fender flags, some paperwork, TX plate & docs from original owner & probably more stuff I forgot.
10. All original bumpers and trim. Note the GENUINE Original Biscayne stainless side spear that is near mint. You don’t see this on most cars for sale as its not reproduced, so most have the holes filled or they add the improper BelAir lower. Everything closes & fits, as it’s not been a pieced together car with other parts & repro panels. Windshield is not that great with some crazing, chips and a couple of bb marks, all other glass is fine.
11.Dont snooze, I have waaaaay more in it than price I'm asking/offering it.You can’t possibly build this car for what I’m willing to let it go for to you! Car seldom used and I described it as best I know, but its an old car and it is what it is, sold as it sits. I think the speedo cable needs lubed and a few wires and minor things could possibly be checked, tightened up and dressed up to perfect. Naturally, this car is sold 'as is' and where is. Buyer assumes all risk for purchase, caveat emptor, with no warranty or guarantee of any type, either express or implied, as to suitability for a particular purpose, condition, or use...and all that other legal stuff applies to the sale. I’m happy to oblige any pre purchase inspection, by your mechanic/buddy/expert, if done at your/buyers’ expense. May have missed something or maybe something Idon't even know about, but tried to give the best I could info wise as best I can. Shipping coordination, shipper selection, and cost of shipping is at buyer expense. Must be picked up here at my address & I'll work with your transporter to find good date/time. Would like it gone beforeholidays. Car is in a climate controlled garage so no worry; and currently registered in the state of GA (non-title state for old cars).
Wire transfer or cash in person. CALL ME and chat vs all the email flurry, George, 706.495.7704, if any questions. You can also e-mail thru eBay. ASK QUESTIONS BEFORE YOU BID. Genuine car, what you see is what you get, & I am the legal owner. $500 non-refundable deposit at time of purchase (within 24 hrs).
Because life circumstances changed up on me to where I am the primary giver for my wife who is very ill, I kinda lost heart for the cars. It has to go.DON'T BE AFRAID TO MAKE AN OFFER!!!! Thanks.