CHEVY "BIG DOOLEY" VERY RARE Crew Cab 1 Owner Very Low Miles 454 Ex Cond
Price: US $6,800.00 Item location: Cape Coral, Florida, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Other Pickups
- SubModel: C30 Silverado Crew Cab "BIG DOOLEY" Camper Special
- Year: 1976
- Mileage: 48,825
- VIN: CCS346Z154521
- Color: MOSS GOLD/FROST WHITE
- Engine size: V8 454 CI
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control
- Fuel: GASOLINE
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: 2WD
- Interior color: SADDLE BROWN
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1976 Chevrolet Other Pickups* 1976 CHEVROLET SILVERADO * * " BIG DOOLEY" * * C30 2WD, CREW CAB * * CAMPER SPECIAL 3+3 * * IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND IN THIS CONDITION * * HOLY GRAIL TRUCK...VERY RARE!! *
Before you and up for bid is my ALL ORIGINAL 1976 CHEVROLET SILVERADO C30 (2WD) "BIG DOOLEY" crew cab 3+3 pick up.The history & particulars of the truck are as follows:
* EXTREMELY RARE "BIG DOOLEY" CREW CAB...very few of these trucks were manufactured in 2 or 4 wheel drive configuration...doubt me? Research them and try to find one...in any condition, much less a one owner, all original, low mileage example.
* About that one owner...On August 6th, 1976, Charles & Patricia Lowham of Laramie, Wyoming went to Tyrell Chevrolet in Cheyenne, WY. to take delivery of their brand new Chevrolet Silverado C30 pick up truck. The truck had been ordered earlier that summer. I acquired the truck from the family, they are personally known to me.
* Non-smoker, Wyoming rancher/plumbing supply company owned, always indoor stored when not on the road. Fleet maintained.
* ONLY 48,825 ACTUAL MILES since new!! 2000 of which, I just put on it...read below.
* C30, (1 ton) GVWR 10,000
* 164.5" Wheelbase
* CREW CAB "BIG DOOLEY", a designation ascribed to this model by GM upon introduction in 1973 to reference the dual wheel rear configuration and only available in their 1 ton light duty truck. (C30)
* 3+3, references seating for 6...three in the front bench, three in the rear.
* CAMPER SPECIAL, early on it did have a camper mounted for winter use in AZ. The truck is presentlyequipped with a period correct HOLLAND HITCH5th wheel mounted inside the 8' bed. (see pic) Holland was an exclusive supplier to GM back in the day. They have been conduction business for over 100 years. The hitch is an antique too.
* V8 454 CI engine, itturns over first turn of the key and holds a smoothidle. The automatic choke kicks down properly upon warm up. There are No annoying drips or leaks.
* Original 4 bbl carburetor
* TH400 3speed, the truck is equipped with a GEAR VENDOR Under/Overdrive, which makes the TH400 a 4 speed. At 70 mph, the engine is turning at approximatelyjust 1900 rpm's. The truck in return delivers a very good 15 mpg highway. The transmission shifts as smoothly as one could desire. There are NO clunks or hard shifts...not even into reverse.
* NO ACCIDENT HISTORY...EVER!
* A CLEAN, BONE DRY & ROCK SOLID TRUCK...GUARANTEED to have ZERO RUST! This was not a winter use truck, and therefore it was not exposed to salt, mag chloride or any other wintercorrosives.
* A true SURVIVOR! Some proclaim survivor status only to then indicate thata repaint, other reconditioning or refurbishment has occurred.This truck is ALL ORIGINAL! Other than items that necessitate replacement given to time or wear, the truck is all original, and fully numbers matching.
* 100% original paint...GM paint code 81 MOSS GOLD & 12 FROST WHITE, there has never been any paint work done to this truck. Overall, the paint stillhas a very nice reflection. (see pics) I compounded and polished it...it is 40 years old.!
* The service parts identification decal affixed to the glove compartment door reads as follows:
A28 SLIDING REAR WINDOW A01 SOFT RAY TINTED GLASSC60 ALL WEATHER AIR COND A52 FRONT BENCH SEATE63 FLEETSIDE PICKUP BOX DF2 EXT. CAMPER MIRRORSK30 SPEED & CRUISE CONTROL GT5 REAR AXLE 4.10 RATM40 TURBO HYDRA-MATIC TR LF8 V8 ENGINE 454 C.I.N33 COMFORTILT STEERING NL2 AUXILIARY FUEL TANKU35 ELECTRIC CLOCK RO5 DUAL REAR WHEELSXPF 7.50-16L T/D TUBE HIG U63 AM PUSHBUTTON RADIOYPG 7.50-16L T/D TUBE ON- YE9 SILVERADO EQUIPMENTZ83 DLX. CAMPER SPEC. CH ZY4 DELUXE TWO-TONE PAINT81L 81 MOSS GOLD 12 FROS 63W XSS1 SADDLE CUSTOM V
* Factory AC, it is not presently blowing cold. ALL components & hardware are present.
* Power steering, power brakes
* Tilt steering wheel
* Cruise control, operable
* DELCO AM radio
* Block Heater
* Trailer pin connectors at the rear bumper, and two different sizes at the left forward location of the truck bed.
* Period correct TEKONSHAbrake controller, fully operational.
* Dual 20 gallon fuel tanks. With the aforementioned GEAR VENDOR Overdrive, the truck has a highway cruising range of approx. 600 miles...both tanks are operational. Dual keylocking gas caps.
* Excellent chrome bumpers, front & rear...no pitting or discoloration.
* Excellent grill, no breaks, nice headlight buckets.
* All trim and brightwork are present and ingood condition.
* The tailgate opens and closes properly.
* Period correct DEE ZEE aluminum running boards.
* The emergency brake holds firmly and releases properly.
* Both sets of original keys, key blank, owners manual, warranty information, sales brochure and ownership history will accompany the sale. The ownership history which documents the truckas a one owner will be provided to the new owner.
* The original bottle jack is not in its under hood provision. The tire tool is present. I will source a period correct bottle jack for the new owner.
At 40 years of age, the C30 "BIG DOOLEY" crew cab is a classic antique truck that isin remarkable condition! This IS NOT a restored truck, but a beautifully preserved original truck with excellent "patina".To allay any apprehensions regarding the truck being road worthy, I want it to be known that I personally drove this truck over 2000 miles last weekfrom Colorado down to S. Florida. It ran flawlessly during the entire trip which was over a 4 day period. Itrides beautifully...NO shudders, squeaks, shimmy's, shakes, vibrations or pulling to either side.
In advance of the trip, the truckhas beeninspected & serviced. Recent servicing included 6 brand new HERCULES "E" rated correct 10 ply tires, and a 4 wheel alignment. All fresh fluids, filters, belts, hoses, thermostat, brake system flush, wheel bearing inspection, new battery, and a new dual exhaust from half-way back.
On the drive to Florida...before even getting out of Colorado...after survivingmore than40 years...amad rock chipped the original windshield...ugh! The chip became a crack and well,...y'know the rest. It is not in either thedriver or passenger fields of vision.I have not yetreplaced the windshield. If the truck is sold in Florida, or perhaps another state that hasa zero deductible for windshield replacement, I'll leave it to the new owner.In certain states, a zero deductible means that a windshield is replaced for free, and ones insurance cannot be increased.My insurance, while full coverage, is based in Colorado, and not applicable to the Florida zero deductible. If the truck is not sold to an owner in a zero deductible state, I will replace the windshield prior to the truck leaving for its new home. I will replace it with a new one or if available, a period correct one. I presently have someone trying to source one in Colorado.
I have also sourced and ordered for all 4 doors, new window sweeps and window glass runnerchannels. I have also ordered new gaskets and channels for the two vent windows. These will all be installed. I have sourced and ordered oem replacement amber lens covers for the roof lights, as two of them have age cracks. They too, will be installed. Lastly, at the left rear corner of the truck to the left of the tailgate, is a golfball size dent. (see pic)I will leave the repair of this to the discretion of the buyer depending upon what ones intentions for the truck are.Youinform me if you would like it repaired. I have a very capable body shop, and will pay for the repair. I'll be bringing the truck to them to align the hood, the dent can easily be addressed at that time.
All door weatherstripping is soft & pliable, no holes or cuts.
The interior is in very good condition. The carpets are deep pile mid 70's. The door panels are very good. The kick panels are very good. The dash pad does have slight cracks beneath the DASH TOPPER...replacement pads are available. The steering wheel is very nice, there areNO cracks. All 4 windows roll up & down smoothly. The 2 wing windows open & close properly. The rear window opens & closes properly, and the gasket is in good condition.
All 4 inside doorlocks work properly manually, with the two frontdoor locks externally key operated.
The seating upholstery is in very good condition, all of the seat belts are present and operational,they are not frayed or stained.
All safety & convenience features are fully operational with exception to the clock, ittells correct timetwice each day, the temperature gauge is well,...temp(eramental). The family indicated they couldn't remember when it did operate.
All lights, high & low beam, parking lights,side markers, roof lights, turn signals, emergency flashers, reverse lights, interior cab lights, dash lights, are fully operational. Theheater,defrost, and all fan speeds are fully operational. The lighter operates.All buttons, knobs, stalks and switchesare present.
All model emblems, badging and designations are present.
The speedometer & odometer are both functional, no jumpy needles. The volt metergauge functions properly.This replaced the amp meterin 1976. The oil pressure gauge functions properly.
All ventilation ductflaps are intact and position properly.
The headliner was the original, and starting to sag. I brought it to an upholsterer that has done work for me overthe years. They are going to try to save it. It is white vinyl with hundreds of dot perforations (think poppy seeds) The problem that comes into play is that when the glue is applied and the vinylaffixed,the glueseeps through the small perforations. If they are unable to save it, I will replace it with as close to an original as is available. The sun visors are in excellent condition.
This truck is a fine daily driver just as it is...it looks, starts, runs, drives, rides & stops great! It receives thumbs up and comments everywhere it goes. One might choose to fully restore it...perhaps "SLAM IT"...4WD conversion it...perhaps tow your vintage car to shows...or your vintage race car to the track...or vintage boat to the lake...or locate a periodcamper...the possibilities are numerous, as it is an outstanding platform forenjoyment on any level. As a foreman or building contractor, imagine the envy of your crew when you roll up to the job site in your classic "BIG DOOLEY".
The overall condition of theC30 is a testament to the conscientious care it has received since it was new.
You are bidding to purchase the C30"BIG DOOLEY", not to be the first to look at it. Thank you.
Please have your funding in place prior to placing your bid. Thank you.
Please consult with your spouse, therapist, pet or MAGIC 8-BALL, prior to placing your bid, as I am not running a clinic for the confused. Thank you.
Inspections are welcomed and will be facilitated to the best of my ability prior to the auction concluding.
The truck and I are presently located in S. Florida. (Naples, Ft. Myers vicinity)
Transportation and/or shipping is the sole responsibility of the buyer. Generally, when I sell one of my older collector vehicles I state that a buyer should get the vehicle home first, and that miles from home in an unfamiliar location is not the place to become familiar with your "new" old truck. With the servicing being current and given to how well this truck drove last week, I believe that it could be driven home safely to anywhere in America if one chooses.
If you choose to fly in and drive home, I will gladly pick you up from the S.W. International Airport in Ft. Myers, or the Punta Gorda Airport, as Allegiant Air and FRONTIER Air are now servicing this airport.
Delivery is possible within the lower 48 states for $1000.00, non-negotiable.
A $1000.00 initial payment is due and payable within 24 hours of auction close via PayPal. NO exceptions. The balance is then to be paid within 7 days thereafter under condition and arrangement made between myself and the buyer. The balance is to be paid via a legitimate bank to bank wire transfer, as it provides a documented record of the transaction for both parties. I will accept cash in person for the balance if you are to fly in and drive home. I DO NOT accept PayPal for the entire purchase, only the initial $1000.00.
The truck and the title to the truck will not be released until payment in full has been received. Upon receipt of payment in full, I will overnight VIA FEDEX, the title and bill of sale to the new owner. If you are to fly in and drive home, I will offer the option of hand delivering these to you upon your arrival.
Clear Colorado title in my name. I am not a dealer, I am a collector/hobbyist. Since 2007, I have sold more than 30 of my personal vehicles through eBay. I strive to exceed expectations which is why I provide such a thorough description of a vehicle. Ask any and all questions freely, do not assume that something not referenced is included.Effective communication is the key to a successful transaction for both parties.
The winning buyer will receive an e-mail notification from me within 24 hours of auction close. The winning buyer is required to call me directly within 24 hours of auction close to discuss arrangements regarding the shipping/transportation of the truck and balance payment.
* If you are new to eBay, have 0% feedback, or excessive negative feedback, you will need to CALL ME prior to placing your bid and express your intentions. If you do not call, your bid will be cancelled and you will be blocked from further bidding. This is to preserve the integrity of the auction. I am a legitimate seller simply seeking a legitimate buyer.
I have set a reasonable and fair reserve for the truck. It is commensurate with the condition of the truck, the exclusivity of the truck, the ownership history, and the very low miles. DO NOT ask me what the reserve is, as I will not disclose it. Bid what you can afford and are willing to pay for the very nice, low mileage, one owner, survivor 1976 Chevrolet C30 Silverado crew cab "BIG DOOLEY" that you see before you.
Buyers from the U.S., Canada, the UK, Europe, Russia, Australia, and New Zealand are welcome and encouraged to bid with confidence.
I have represented the truck honestly and accurately. While the truck is in excellent condition, it is a 40 year old truck and as such, you acknowledge your understanding that the truck is being sold in "as is" condition, with no expressed, written, or otherwise implied warranties. I do, however, reaffirm that there is no rust on this truck. The bottom line is that if the truck is not as described, you don't have to buy it.
eBay only provides for 24 pictures. I have selected pictures that best present a concise overview of the truck. If you would like any area specific photographs, simply ask for them. The picture showing the underneath area of the door is indicative of all 4 doors, no door skin rust. This is also true with regard to the picture that illustrates how clean the truck is underneath. To take 4 door pics and 4 underside pics would reduce the number of pictures of the overall truck. Again, if you would like a specific area, please ask.
I answer my phone quicker than I respond to e-mail. Call me directly with any questions. If you reach voice mail, leave me a brief message and I will return your call promptly.
If you would like to discuss a "buy it now", call me and present your offer. DO NOT call and ask me, "what's the lowest that you'll take?"
The 1976 Chevy C30 Silverado "Big Dooley" is a beautiful & EXTREMELY RARE classic truck. I invite you to do a national search to locate another, and wish you well in your search...then call me.
A vehicle can be restored 20 times...however...they are only original once. Classic trucks have been moving up nicely for a few years now...here is an opportunity to secure a very rare one for yourself while still affordable. The value of this truck will never go down.
Ladies...Christmas is almost here...buy this truck for your husband...he deserves it...heck, buy it for yourself...you deserve it...and women look great it classic trucks!
Thanks for looking and good luck when you bid!