~Rare 4 sp~All Matching #'s~Frame Off~Custom Paint~New Interior~Watch 2 Videos~

Price: US $23,880.00 Item location: Derby, Kansas, United States
  • Condition: Used
  • Make: Chevrolet
  • Model: Corvette
  • Type: Removable Glass Roof Panels
  • Year: 1979
  • Mileage: 8,800
  • VIN: 1Z8789S445617
  • Color: Red/Silver
  • Engine size: Factory Original over 300HP
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Interior color: Oyster Leather
  • Vehicle Title: Clear
  • Want to buy? Contact seller!
Description:

1979 Chevrolet Corvette

1979 Corvette FACTORY 4 SPEED - ALL NUMBERS MATCHING CAR!The 79 model year is considered by many to be the last true "classic" corvette of the C3 run.
This car was born on July 30, 1979 and is in the C3 Registry and a Member of the National Corvette Museum.
_______________________________________________________________________________________

There were few changes from 1978. Glass T-tops made their debut.But, most notability the seats were new for 1979. They provided better access to the larger storage area that the car received in 1978. Factory rear spoilers were first offered in 1979 that seemed to complete the fresher look of the wide expansive rear window glass from 1978. Paired with the new front chin spoiler for 1979 the car's drag was reduced by 15% and gas mileage increased. A WIN-WIN for 1979.
In 1980 the corvette went through some dramatic design changes. Most corvette enthusiasts were not happy with the "New" look of their beloved sports car and sales in 1980 reflected that sentiment with an over 20% drop from 1979.
If your in the market for a true classic...this 1979 Corvette has all the bells and whistles! It was born an L-48 but the matching numbers engine has been rebuilt to L-82 specs and beyond. It now puts out over 300 horses. It is mated to it's factory 4 speed muncie transmission that makes this a RARE collectible with only 7% of total production that year. That means the other 93% were automatics.
This car has under gone an extensive frame-off build just a few years ago. The car runs true dual exhaust and sounds great. This is a FAST car. The car is mechanically perfect and drives like a dream.
The custom paint has a fine glitter added into the top coat that sparkles in the sun. All the striping is painted onthe car and is under clear coat so there is no paint line...it is as smooth as glass...what you would expect to see from a show car. The whole car was treated to aprofessionalceramic coat so it shines like a mirror with no need to wax.
The interior is all new and perfect. It has an updated corvette stereo with a retro look. Molded Red floor mats and a custom dash pad for that custom look. The dash is perfect underneath. The steering wheel is the 1970 style brushed aluminum that pops against the Oyster interior. The TAC gauge has been upgraded to read the higher RPM as with the L-82 cars.
The engine bay is beautiful with everything either painted or polished. Nice high end valve covers and triangular intake top off the look of high performance. And, the car looks just as good under the body. You need to put this car on a lift to really appreciate the work that has gone into it. And when it's on the ground you will notice the car has a 2" lowering kit on it that gives it a real aggressive look.
You could not come close to building this car for the asking price. It would take at least double that. A lot has been invested to get this car where you see it today and the next owner will only have to pay a fraction of that to get what is essentially a BRAND NEW 1979 Corvette.
This car was sold previously through Fleming's Ultimate Garage. There are several videos on You Tube that show the car. One is Titled: "Super Cool 1979 Corvette For Sale! Take 2" and the other is titled:"1979 Chevrolet Corvette T-Top with test drive, driving sounds, and walk through video."
VIDEOS: https://youtu.be/FV_Sy5vq7SI https://youtu.be/MJfRM5WvNJc
The car has since received what is called a "paint correction" and ceramic coat. Now, the car has a super smooth finish with a perfect clear coat that shines even better than in the videos.

This 1979 Corvettehas won top honors at corvette shows including "Best in Class" and "Best in Show"!