1985 Chevrolet Corvette w/1996 Body Kit Conversion -121 Pics -13 Vids NO RESERVE
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Corvette
- Type: Hatchback
- Trim: Base Hatchback 2-Door
- Year: 1985
- Mileage: 155,904
- VIN: 1G1YY0788F5100469
- Color: Blue
- Engine size: 5.7L 350Cu. In. V8 GAS OHV Naturally Aspirated
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1985 Chevrolet Corvette Base Hatchback 2-Door10/9 @ 8:30 pm - Finally got all pics and videos loaded in the description, sorry for the delay.10/10 @ 8:30 am - Added Parking/Emergency brake to list of things that don't work10/10 @ 1:00 pm - Added 2 pics of car in Cobalt blue and info about service manual that goes with it, plus info onadjustablerear end height10/11 @ 11:25 am - Added (nosun-visors) to list
** Very Important ** Please do not bid if you don't have the funds available to purchase the car.
* If you do bid and I contact you to verify that you are legit and I don't get a response, I will cancel your bid.
* If you bid, understand that you have entered into a legal binding contract and you are prepared to promptly complete the sale upon auction close.
* All I am saying is, just treat me the same way that you would want to be treated. Pretty simple.
-- I will do my best to list everything I can think of about the car. If/when I think of something new, I will edit the auction and add that info --
121 pictures and 13 short videos below and the title is free and clear in my name.
1985 Chevrolet Corvette 5.7L L-98
155,xxx miles on body (less on motor)
1996 Body Kit Conversion
As you can probably see from the background in our shop pics that we are Corvette guys. This is the first one we bought as a father/son project when my son was 15. It had been a project for the guy we bought it from. He had done the motor work and had purchased many of the expensive aftermarket parts and mods for the car but did not have it put together. He and his wife had a new baby and so he was out of money and time to finish it. I’ll try to include a pic or 2 from when we bought the car.
So my son and I spent several months putting the car together and getting it in the shape you see today. My son is now 19 and finishing his 2nd year at a community college and will be moving to a University next year so we are selling the C4 to free up some money and room in the shop to finish our latest project before he moves, which is a 68 C10. (You can probably see it in the background too)
Mechanically, the car could be a daily driver with no problem. But you’re not going to make it a daily driver unless you live in mild climate somewhere since it doesn’t have heat or A/C. All the A/C and heater parts have been removed from under the hood to clean up the engine bay. The MSD ignition box is now mounted on the firewall where the heater core & blower box was mounted. The factory HVAC head unit is still mounted in the cabin.
We drove the car on weekends as a way for my wife and I to relax. She loves taking the top off (the car's top, not hers ;-) and spending an evening cruising on date nights.
Make sure you can license the car in your state. Classic cars in Arkansas are exempt from emissions so it’s not a problem here, just make sure you know the details about your specific state when it comes to getting license. We removed smog pump, all the plumbing that went along with it, removed the cats, removed the mufflers. It has dual, twin tip exhaust with one having a baffle and one not. It sounds amazing all the way through the rpm range. No popping like I occasionally hear with some C4s.
- Exterior Condition: Excellent
- All New Weatherstripping & Body Seals
- Removable (peel-able) Paint in World Rally Blue
- 3” cowl hood
- Underside of hood and fender wells are all undercoated
- ZR1 Style Chrome Wheels 17”
- 1” Wheel Spacers
- Dimpled and Slotted Rotors w/ Ceramic Pads (Good Condition)
- Fronts: Goodyear Eagle F1 (275/40ZR17) (Excellent Condition)
- Rears: Nitto NT555 (285/40/ZR17) (Fair to Poor (How does that happen? lol)
- Extra set Hoosier Drag Radials: (315/35R17) (Poor Condition)
- Fully Adjustable Rear Spring to set the ride height & stance to your taste
- Interior condition: EXCELLENT
- Momo Steering wheel in Mahogany w/ tilt & telescopic
- Walnut Wood dash and console
- Carpet: Gray & EXCELLENT
- Aftermarket Corvette embroidery floor mats
- Aftermarket Seats (Recovered) (Excellent)
- Sony Head unit w/ Kenwood Door Speakers (currently unhooked)
- Wiring is still in the car and ran to the back for an amp, subs, etc.
Motor work done by previous owner
- Optima Red Top Battery
- MSD Ignition
- Chrome valve covers
- Cold air intake
- Dual radiator fans (switch controlled)
- MSD distributor cap & rotor
- OML 10mm Platinum Racing Plug Wires
- Auto Transmission (Shifts out perfectly)
- Will include the 1985 Factory Service Manual I purchased in .pdf (961 pages)
What doesn't work:
Horn (probably wasn't hooked back up with Momo steering wheel was installed. I never took it apart to see)
Heat/Air (removed all HVAC components under the hood to clean up engine bay area)
Cruise Control (looks like it's all there, but never checked into why it wasn't working)
Emergency brake (lever is there but it feels like the cable is not hooked up)
Car when my son and I bought it My son putting on the new front emblem, which was the last piece when it was completed. The pic above and in the parade below, both show the car in the first color we did, which was a Cobalt blue in matte finish. #1
#PICS 1985 Corvette
click to enlarge