1966 Chevrolet Corvette 4 Speed Coupe
Price: US $42,000.00 Item location: Sherman, Texas, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Corvette
- Type: Coupe
- Year: 1966
- Mileage: 1,266
- Color: Burnt Orange Metallic
- Engine size: 327 V8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: 4 Speed Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1966 Chevrolet CorvetteUp for sale is a clean 1966 Chevrolet Corvette coupe with a strong running 327 and 4 speed manual transmission.
- The paint looks to be in decent shape and what I would consider older driver quality. There are a few places that appear to have been touched up and blended at some point over the years. I would be more than happy to take some additional close up photos of the paint to show what I am referring to. The car was originally paint code 980, which is Trophy Blue.
- All of the glass is in really good shape with no cracks, chips, etc.
- All of the bumpers and trim are in good shape as well.
- The head lights work and the head light doors open like they should.
- The rest of the turn signals, taillights, brake lights, etc. also all work.
- The 15" Ralley wheels are in good shape and the tires are staggered sizes and seem to be in decent shape.
- The interior is in really good shape overall.
- The door panels are in good shape. The driver door panel is missing the lock switch but is in good shape otherwise.
- The seat covers are in great shape and do not have any rips, tears, split seams, etc.
- The dash pad, gauge surround and center consoleare all in really good shape.
- The carpet is showing some wear and could either be replaced or dyed.
- All of the gauges work correctly and accurately.
- The wood steering wheel is alsoin really good shape.
- The engine is a strong running 327 small block with double hump heads, a nice sounding cam, an originalaluminum "Winters" logo 4 barrel intake manifold with Holley 4 barrel carburetor. It has a pair of period correct finned Corvette valve covers that are in nice shape as well. The casting number on the block is 3932386 and the suffix code on the front of the block is "FB", which decodes it as a 1969 model 327. It has a pair of original "ram horn" exhaust manifolds that run through dual exhaust and out the back of the car.
- The engine has really good power, excellent oil pressure, doesn't run hot and starts right up even after sitting for a couple days.
- It has a 4 speed manual that shifts well, the Hurst shifter provides smooth, positive gear changes and the clutch feels smooth and does not slip or chatter.
- It has the original independent rear end under it but I am unsure of the gear ratio. It is not super low geared and you can actually drive it down the highway and keep pace with traffic.
- It has the original independent front and rear suspension that seems to be in good shape. It feels like it could stand to have a front end alignment but it drives down the road well.
- The car has power steering and power disc brakes. The steering feels tight and responsive and the brakes have a good pedal feel and the car stops well.