1985 Chevrolet Caprice Landau Coupe*26s*Tiarra Grille*RARE*Brougham LS*Box Chevy
Price: US $7,499.00 Item location: Owensboro, Kentucky, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Caprice
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: Landau
- Year: 1985
- Mileage: 84,000
- VIN: 1G1BN47H6FX113151
- Color: Burgundy
- Engine size: 305
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Burgundy
- Options: CD Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1985 Chevrolet Caprice1985 Chevrolet Caprice Coupe"Landau"
Purchased approximately 6 months ago, this Caprice has since been refreshed, cleaned, and updated with new parts and mechanical work. It still retains the original interior, engine, and transmission. I have the clear title in-hand.
I will do my best to describe this vehicle to the absolute best of my knowledge. You can trust me: I don't want to sell you a car that you don't have full disclosure about (I've had that happen to me too many times.)
This is a 1985 Chevrolet Caprice Classic Coupe. It is the top-of-the-line Landau model with the vinyl roof and special trim. I believe the top is original, but I cannot verify that for sure. It has either 84k or 184k (hard to tell when the odometer can roll over); I could honestly believe either number. The interior is in excellent original condition, the engine runs strong, the transmission shifts well, there is no body rust, the frame is solid, and it doesn't feel like a car with 184k miles. BUT, if you look at the carfax, you might be led to believe it has 184k due to the mileage documentation. Who knows, and honestly at this point, who cares lol. It's best for stunting on the weekends and maybe a highway drive here and there. It would be a great car for somebody just wanting to drive around, or put a little bit of money into it and make it show-worthy.
- Moog Front & Rear Springs (Heavy Duty; stock ride height; year specific)
- Bilstein Front Shocks (man, these are nice!)
- Gabriel Rear Air Shocks with new lines
- Optima Yellow-top battery
- Chrome fender wheel-well trim
- Chrome headlight bezels
- Low & High beam sealed headlights
- Tiarra Grille (Over $1000). Original Grill is also included.
- OEM-spec gas tank
- Exhaust tips
- Dcenti DW19 model 26" wheels with WinRun 255/30/r26 Tires
- Front dash speakers
- Kenwood X599 headunit
- Original Steering wheel
- Multi-function lever (has cruise control on it, wipers, etc.)
- Hood insulation
- Dash Cap (close to being color matched; not exact)
The cornering lights work. The cruise control works. The air conditioning works and has been recently serviced (converted to r134a at some point). The doors close well (drivers side sags just a bit; passenger side closes very well.) The engine runs strong and doesn't smoke. It has had new valve seals, spark plugs, you know, the normal stuff. Transmission shifts well through all gears (with overdrive). The steering is a bit loose, but not terribly (it's an old car lol). The ride is actually really nice for having low-pro tires. The wheels are not bent and have no pitting. The right rear has a small amount of curb rash (grrrrr; scraped a curb going around a corner; kick myself everytime I see it), but are basically brand new. Left rear tire has some cutting (didn't have enough air in the air shocks and it cut the tire a bit. Doesn't affect the air pressure or anything, but it's there.)
It has a nice sound system. 2 Alpine Type-R 15's in a ported box with a T1000d Rockford Fosgate Amp. Not ear-bursting, but definitely vibrates the car lol. It has a Rockford Fosgate 400.4 Amplifier for the two front dash speakers (new), and the two rear 6x9's (which has their own individual speaker boxes). The Kenwood x599 headunit has bluetooth, aux, and usb, and works really well for the setup.
This car is not perfect. There are things that could be fixed, if the buyer wanted to do so. The following items could be addressed:
- Front wheels have a camber issue. This does not affect the wear of the tires terribly, but the past owner must have messed with the upper A-arms because now the top of the tire sticks out a bit. Not a big deal, but could be addressed. Nobody in my town would mess with it, or else I would have had it fixed.
- Rear bottom window chrome trim was not installed. I have the trim part.
- Alignment of trunk and rear trim piece is off. Apparently, whoever had the car painted before didn't line it up and just left it. Not a big deal. Quoted $300 to fix it. It's all there if you want to fix it.
- Paint is probably 5 years old and shows age. Scratches on right upper sill, some paint missing (small) on trunk and drivers side door and fender (very small). I figured that if I was going to fix the trunk, I'd just go ahead and fix everything else, but I don't have the desire to do that.
- Wheels need to be re-balanced. I bought them new, but they didn't come balanced well. Nobody in my town balances 26s, or else I would have had it fixed. At highway speeds you can feel the "wobble". Not a big deal for in-town, but could be addressed.
- Front hood ornament is missing clear "jewels". Not a big deal to me. You can find the whole hood ornament on eBay for $60.
- Trunk emblem is missing one clear "jewel".
- Gas tank is hard to fill sometimes. I don't think it has anything to do with the tank since it's new, though; it won't fill up like a normal tank. You have to fill it up in "spurts". Weird.
- One of the Landau trim pieces was missing. I installed it using a 3m adhesive and you can see some residue.
- Intermittent wipers don't work; nor do the sprayers.
- Rear de-fog doesn't work.
- Front bumper fillers have a few cracks.
- The drivers side door panel is loose near the bottom front corner.
- Passenger side rear window chrome trim is discolored.
- Drivers side rear window trim is loose-ish. Can't really tell unless you look at it.
- Rear package tray fabric has a few stains (? might be able to be removed)
- Rear bumper strip has a smidge missing (pictured)
If I missed anything, or if you have any questions, PLEASE don't hesitate to message me, call/text me at 2702315371, or email me.