Beautiful and Stunning 1964 Corvette Stingray Coupe
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Corvette
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: Stingray
- Year: 1964
- Mileage: 0
- VIN: 40837S110218
- Color: Silver
- Engine size: 327-4V, 300 HP
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Gray
- Options: Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1964 Chevrolet Corvette
Gorgeous 1964 Corvette Stingray Coupe!!!!
Please read the Terms and Conditions at the bottom of this listing first. If you cannot accept the Terms and Conditions, then please do not waste yours or my time. Please, buy with your wallet, not your heart.
Up for sale is a stunning and beautiful 1964 Corvette Stingray Coupe. It is almost literally fresh off the rotisserie. This car has been completely restored from the ground up, to include every nut and bolt there is. This is a brand new car, although it is 52 years old. I agree with the vast majority, the C2 generation or mid-year Corvettes are the most beautiful and beloved Corvettes there are.
On the Hagerty scale of 1 to 4, with 1 being concours quality, this Corvette pulls in at a solid 1.25. This is about as close to concours quality as you can get without having to spend a fortune to get there.
It definitely turns heads, get lots of compliments, and I always get a “what a cool car that is,” from both the young and the old. Everybody loves the color and I think it was the best of the eight colors available for the 1964 Corvette.
There is not a lot that needs to be said, the car/pictures speak for themselves. The color is silver blue, a stock color. The interior is silver, which is also a stock color. The carpet is silver. The seats, arm rests, and center console pad are leather. It has the RPO L75 engine, which is 327 cubic inches, 300 horsepower, and 360 lb-ft of torque with a four-speed transmission.
My goal during restoration, was to keep the car as stock as possible and thus it is mostly stock. In 1964, they did not have 4-wheel disc brakes. Mainly for safety reasons, I did away with the old drum brake system and replaced it with a 4-wheel disc brake system. For some strange reason, this Corvette did not have power steering, so I added that. The clock has been rebuilt and converted to quartz. The radio was rebuilt with modern electronics. This car did not have the aluminum knock-off wheels, which I added for more style and elegance. Oh, the original color was Daytona blue, both inside and out. Otherwise, I did not change anything else.
While restoring it, I tried to retain as many of the original parts as possible. Where I could not, I used NOS, GM authorized/licensed reproductions (e.g., Trim Parts), or used parts that were either reconditioned or restored. After that, I used only high quality aftermarket parts that were made in the U.S., not some faraway place.
A couple of things I did when it was apart, GM for some reason, never undercoated the bottom/inside of the Corvettes. They just left it bare fiberglass. I undercoated it so there is no bare fiberglass. I had the frame media blasted and redone with POR-15 with hot-rod black paint. So it will definitely stay clean as well as protected. Also, I had the engine compartment painted the same color of the body. To me, it just adds that much more beauty to the car.
One thing I need to do, I need to replace the driver’s side window and driver’s side vent window. They both have noticeable scratches in them. I intend to have this completed in the next few weeks. They will be replaced before the vehicle leaves.
The car is available for inspection at any reasonable time. I highly recommend you come and inspect the vehicle for yourself or have somebody inspect it for you. An inspection will really give you a feel and appreciation for what the car actually is. Just give me some advance notice as the car is in a stored location.
If you have any questions, please call Gary at 720-949-3546 or contact me through eBay.
Terms and Conditions of Auction
1. I reserve the right to end this sale at any time, with or without cause. The vehicle is also listed locally.
2. The car is being sold “as is” “where is.” Meaning there is no warranty on this vehicle, implied or implicit. Again, it is being sold “as is, where is!”
3. If you decide to buy the car and make the deposit, this does not give you the right to inspect the vehicle, and then make a decision to buy it. If you buy it and place the deposit on the vehicle, you are obligated to follow through and purchase the vehicle. Bidding is considered to be a legally binding contract.
4. If you wish to have the vehicle inspected prior to making a bid, you are welcome to inspect it or have an individual come and inspect it for you. Just please coordinate it with me.
5. Buyer is solely responsible for any and all shipping costs. I will help facilitate the shipment of the vehicle for you. However, you must coordinate the shipping date, time, and carrier with me at least 48 hours in advance.
6. A deposit of $1,000.00 is due within 24 hours of the close of the sale via PayPal. Full payment must be made in full, seven (7) days after the close of the sale. In the event the full balance of the purchase price, less the $1,000.00 deposit, is not received within the seven (7) days of Buyer's "purchase" of this vehicle, I reserve and retain the right to declare the Buyer to have defaulted on the terms of this listing and to terminate such sale and relist the vehicle for sale to another party. The $1,000.00 deposit will be retained as "liquidated damages" and I will owe no duty to the Buyer or any other purchaser to apply such funds to the final purchase price of this vehicle, or to refund such sum to the defaulting buyer.
7. Final payment must be made via wire transfer to my account or via certified check from a national bank (e.g., Chase, US Bank, Wells Fargo, Bank of America) before the vehicle is released for shipment.These are simple Terms and Conditions to set the bounds of the sale and keep it fair and honest for all. If you cannot abide by or accept these Terms and Conditions, then please do not bid.