1963 Impala SS runs 63 Super Sport 1962 1964 restored Belair Chevelle Malibu
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Impala
- SubModel: SUPER SPORT
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: Base Hardtop 2-Door
- Year: 1963
- Mileage: 18,988
- VIN: 31847L1*****
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 327 300HP
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Red
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1963 Chevrolet Impala SUPER SPORT
Very clean pretty TEXAS CAR!!! 1963 Impala SS, 2 door, hardtop, red/red, nice glass all the way around with no cracks. All window mechanics work, nice interior, bucket seats with console, nice carpet and floor mats, Bluetooth retro sound radio, 327 cubic inch V8 300HP, automatic, posi traction rear-end, runs and drives very well (I have driven on very hot days and on highways with no overheat problems), clear title, power-steering, power-brakes, MSD box. If you live in the cold north, yes, the heater and defroster work. The car starts good on cold mornings, too. Original production of this Super Sport was in Van Nuys, CA and LosAngeles, CA. Ready for car shows & motivated to sell.
I referred to Hagerty's pricing tool today (Sept. 20, 2016) to demonstrate market value:
#1 Concours market value $56,600
#2 Excellentmarket value$44,200
#3 Goodmarket value$36,000
#4 Fairmarket value$30,900
If you look at the pictures, you can definitely see that this car is being offered well below its current market value and recently there has been an uptick in Impala values which is good. Why am I selling the car? This is my personal car, and I am starting a healthcare business–really! I have to raise money for patentattorneysand for prototyping. I believe in my startup business opportunity and have went all-in. Therefore, my loss isdefinitelyyour gain!!!! I will really miss this car!!!
- Interior lights work, hi & low beam headlights work, brake lights work, turn signals work.
- Assembly books,receipts, and a new white letter spare tire is included.
- Solid uncut frame, rockers are nice, trunk and shock towers are nice.
- A little more about the paint... there are a few mini chips in the paint here and there which is to be expected, but I believe the car has original sheet metal!!!! I have never seen any "bondo bubbles" or "big cracks" nor have I seen any issues that would lead me to believe there has been any patchwork or anything. Again, the car is from California then lived practically all its life in Texas = super clean. The car was painted with a frame down restoration in the 90's and still looks great!! The rich color red makes people stop and stare!!! I did not alter any pictures; this is how the car looks.
- The interior/exterior chrome and stainless are mostly all original. Note: the grill currently on the car is new, but the original grill is in good quality and will be included in the sale. I show the original grill in a picture.
- Rubber/weather seals still look pretty good. I don't see any in major need of replacement.
- You may notice the windows have tint on them. Again, the car was in Texas so the windows were tinted to keep the southern heat out which worked pretty well because the interior is nice. The tint can always be removed. I googled it and it sounds like anyone can do it without complication, but keep in mind the car was purchased in 1963 with a slight tint to the windows as an accessory option.
Build date shows "1E" which has been decoded as the 5th week of January 1963. I thought that was weird so I had to look up a calendar. I appears in 1963 January did have 5 weeks ;)
According to http://www.348-409.com/acc1.html, this cars accessory options are:
F – tinted windshield
C – padded dash
M – Powerglide
Y – unknown
3Z – Super Sport
Mileagecurrently shows 18,988.8, but I may attend local car shows or offer test drives; therefore, this is subject to change.