Chevrolet Camaro 5.0L V8 5-Speed TBI (L03) RS Coupe 2D - 110,000 Miles!
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Camaro
- SubModel: 5.0L V8 5-Speed TBI (L03) RS Coupe 2D
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: RS
- Year: 1989
- Mileage: 109,725
- VIN: 1G1FP21E8KL158656
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 5.0L V8 TBI (L03)
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Gray
- Safety options: Driver Airbag, Passenger Airbag
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1989 Chevrolet Camaro 5.0L V8 5-Speed TBI (L03) RS Coupe 2DI am selling my 1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS 5-speed (L03 engine with 5.0L V8) that I purchased on 02/13/2016. At the time of purchase, the car had right around 108,500 original miles. The car is in very good condition and currently only has 109,725 original miles. I found this information by examining several sources (vehicle history reports) to find reported mileage at different service dates. I will provide a detailed history below so that I do not clutter the main auction post. Please see end of post for history.
Clean, clear title in-hand. Please do not purchase/bid if you do not have the funds available! Must pick-up locally! Remaining balance must be paid with Cash Only!
Detailed Car History - Pulled before I purchased the car from multiple sources and combined:
The car was first titled in Illinois on 12/10/1992 with 33,038 miles. It appears that the original owner likely had the car from purchase through 2007. The car was in Illinois from purchase until 2015 when it was registered in Tennessee. The car was then purchased by the individual I purchased the car from and registered in Georgia in January, 2016. I purchased the car on 02/13/2016.
Here are all of the historical event records and servicing I found before purchasing the car, and the records/servicing I've made since purchasing the car:
The first owner appears to have had car from 1992 through 2007.
12/10/1992 33,038 miles. Titled (Registration renewals through 10/22/2007).
07/15/2003 76,017 miles. Vehicle Serviced.
04/07/2005 83,289 miles. Front brakes/rear brakes.
10/20/2006 90,399 miles. Vehicle serviced.
01/11/2007 91,061 miles. Cooling system checked/Water pump replaced.
05/28/2008 98,375 miles. Tune-up; Fuel filter; Engine idle, Power train computer, Module checked; Electrical, Drivability checked; Sway bar link(s) replaced.
09/29/2009 ? miles. Renewal.
10/08/2009 ? miles. Titled.
11/03/2009 99,298 miles. Maintenance inspection completed; Safety inspection performed.
11/09/2009 99,358 miles. Vehicle serviced.
11/17/2009 99,547 miles. Serpentine tensioner replaced; light bulbs replaced; wheel bearings repacked; drive belt tensioner replaced.
11/25/2009 ? miles. Renewed.
11/30/2009 ? miles. Titled.
12/07/2009 99,797 miles. Vehicle serviced.
01/04/2010 99,956 miles. Exhaust replaced.
02/11/2010 100,080 miles. Distributor cap replaced; Distributor assembly replaced/repaired; Drivability/performance checked.
04/15/2010 101,740 miles. Drive belt tensioner replaced; Exhaust repaired; Drive belt(s) replaced; Catalytic converter replaced.
06/07/2010 104,031 miles. Tire(s) replaced; Tire condition and pressure checked; Tires rotated.
07/29/2010 105,768 miles. Stabilizer bar links replaced.
03/25/2015 ? miles. Renewed
03/31/2015 ? miles. Titled.
07/02/2015 ? miles. Renewal.
07/06/2015 ? miles. Titled.
08/12/2015 107,933 miles. Drivability/performance checked; Distributor assembly replaced/repaired.
10/02/2015 ? miles. Renewed.
10/08/2015 ? miles. Titled.
01/05/2016 ? miles. Titled.
--- Begin section after I purchased the car ---
02/13/2016 Purchased by me 108,500 miles
02/16/2016 Titled to me
02/24/2016 Received Title
02/28/2016 New Alternator
03/29/2016 109,043 miles
Had technician check A/C; Hood Latch; Power Steering; Oil; Etc.
- A/C Service: Serviced A/C system. Checked condition of all belts and lines. Evacuated and recharged with reclaimed R-134, introducing dye to facilitate system leak diagnosis. Tested system performance.
- Wash & Wax
- Power steering fluid flush: Road tested for power steering operation and inspected system for leaks. Flushed power steering lines, pump, steering rack and/or gear box. Renewed power steering fluid and included power steering additive to revitalize seals and road tested vehicle.
- Retro-fitted A/C system.
- Tail shaft seal replaced due to leak.
- Hood cable broken; technician replaced hood release cable assembly.
- Technician found that power steering pump was leaking. Replaced power steering pump.
- Replaced alternator bracket with new bracket.
- Replaced drive belt.
- Serviced oil and replaced oil filter.
04/12/2016 109,252 miles.
Had technician check for A/C leak; Wheel bearings; Idle; Antifreeze/Coolant leak; Hood latch. Serviced:
- Technician found front wheel bearings loose and was able to tighten bearings. No issues at this time.
- Performed four wheel alignment to manufacturer specifications.
- Checked hood latch; technician states that latch is new and may be tight for a period of time. Technician lubed latch.
- Technician found lower hose clamp loose and tightened (for radiator leak). Filled with antifreeze. This fixed the leak.
06/24/2016 109,569 miles.
Had technician check for A/C leaks as A/C started blowing warm air; also had Idle checked. Serviced:
- Technician could not find A/C leak and no leaked dye was seen, however they serviced A/C system, checked condition of all belts and lines, evacuated and recharged the A/C system with reclaimed R-134 again introducing dye to facilitate system leak diagnosis.
- Technician removed and cleaned throttle body. Indicated that new TBI parts may be needed but would not immediately impact car performance. Idle has been better since.
09/02/2016 109,729 miles.
Had technician perform alignment and couldn't reach factory specification. See below - likely due to 30 year old parts.
2 sets of keys.
Very good tires.
Installed media head unit (flush mounted - NO CD player!). Includes original radio too (however it does not work/power on).
Outstanding issues that I am aware of at this time:
- (Not really an issue) Previous owner replaced hood with a (what I believe to be) Z28 hood from a 1991.
- Cracked piece of plastic in back above back windshield. Very easy repair/replacement.
- Sun visors are velcro'd against inside roof (Previous owner did this).
- Body could use some work. Driver side front fender (in front of tire) has some damage - likely from hitting something by a previous owner and warping fender. (You can't see this at all in pictures - Pictures do not show dings/scuffs at all really. They aren't terrible, but just want you to be fully aware before purchasing)
- Several areas need some paint work. Mainly minor scratches/scuffs etc. (Again, hard to see in pictures, very hard, but typical dings from road rocks etc. and some scuffs/scratches)
- Drivers door has some type of foam - I believe a prior attempt to seal rubber parts. Probably just need to replace seals.
- Alignment is still out. Possibly needs some new front lower control arms/tie rod ends to achieve factory specified alignment. This is most likely due to age and I believe is rather common.
Again, cash only for remaining balance due at pick-up within 3 days of purchase. Deposit due within 48 hours of auction close!
No returns or warranty offered!
Thanks!On Sep-09-16 at 06:03:21 PDT, seller added the following information:
Added pictures showing front driver side fender dents and also rear bumper scratches. Likely very easy to fix these, however I'm not an expert with body work! Also added a picture of the "foam" inside door - it looks like the foam you use to seal walls, however I do not know. Again, likely an easy fix to just replace the rubber around door. Thanks!On Sep-09-16 at 16:42:05 PDT, seller added the following information:
Added a few more pictures showing doors and trunk area. Also, there's an extra set of door arm rests included that are not pictured. They came with the car - I'm assuming previous owner wanted to replace but didn't so included them. Thanks!On Sep-12-16 at 16:20:55 PDT, seller added the following information:
Wanted to note that most scratches/scuffs could likely be buffed out very easily. Also, when Alternator was replaced, so was the engine mount bracket that the Alternator connects to. Serpentine belt is also brand new.On Sep-13-16 at 16:12:03 PDT, seller added the following information:
Added a few pictures of the rear bumper "scratches/scuffs" with before and after pictures of a super light, quick buff (a minute) I did on them. As you can see, they came out easily. Most of the imperfections on the car can likely be touched up, and buffed out, however there are some that may require some painting as I mentioned in the post. But, overall the paint is in good condition and sections needing touch-up(s) and/or paint can easily be fixed individually if you know how etc. I would say this is mostly the hood (normal) and passenger light area. Thanks!