1982 Chevrolet LUV Diesel Pickup - No Reserve
Price: US $900.00 Item location: Alto, Georgia, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Other Pickups
- Type: Standard Cab Pickup
- Trim: SPORT
- Year: 1982
- Mileage: 239,553
- VIN: J8ZBL14S2C8205609
- Color: Blue
- Engine size: 2.3 L DIESEL
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Diesel
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Blue
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1982 Chevrolet Other PickupsThis little truck has been my regular local transportation for a number of years. I still drive it regularly, but I've gotten another little truck and must let this one go.
If you will look at the accompanying pictures you will see one that shows the right side was damaged by a car which backed out into my path on the road. Despite the damage, the passenger door and fuel filler door work just fine. Also, the power steering is not working. There is a picture of the tailgate with a shop manual, two fan belts and a power steering pump on it. The pump was leaking, but should be repairable. Finally, there is no radio installed. I pulled the original expecting to replace it with a better one, but I never did.
Again, if you will look at the pictures, you will find several nice features:
* First is an auxiliary fuel tank located in the bed. There is an electric switch on the dash which allows it to be switched to in place of the regular tank. I don't currently use it, but it did work when I last wanted it.
* Second is a tow bar at the front with electrical connection which a previous owner used behind his larger vehicle. I've never used it or verified the electrical connection.
* Third is a cover top with material carrying rails on top. I've never noticed the top to leak and have used the rails to carry lumber.
* Fourth is a replacement cab heater unit (not shown) that replaced the original unit that suffered from the notorious leaking problem that is common to these pickups. The replacement unit works well.
I have a short video of a cold start of the truck. Unfortunately, eBay won't allow the file type to be included in this listing. If you would like to see it, go to www(dot)isserv(dot)org/LUV.
Of course, I am selling this truck "as is where is" with no warranty or guarantees.
That's all I can think of right now. Feel free to send me a message it you think of any questions.