Sting Ray Split Window Automatic RARE Saddle Tan - Original LA Owner - Barn Find
Price: US $75,000.00 Item location: Los Angeles, California, United States
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Corvette
- SubModel: Sting Ray
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: Base Coupe 2-Door
- Year: 1963
- Mileage: 71,238
- VIN: 308375
- Color: Saddle Tan
- Engine size: Original Engine - Powerglide Transmission
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Power Steering, Heater, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: FWD
- Interior color: Saddle Tan
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1963 Chevrolet Corvette Sting RayThis is your once in a lifetime chance to buy one of the most beautiful cars ever made from the original owners — a 1963 Corvette Sting Ray — that was purchased in and only has been driven in Los Angeles, California. Serious bidders only! Please read terms at the bottom before bidding.
Our father gave our mom this saddle tan on saddle tan, automatic Corvette Sting Ray as an anniversary present in 1963. He bought the car from Courtesy Chevrolet in Los Angeles, and the car still has the dealer frames. We still have the original purchase order and receipt for the car along, with a congratulatory engraved pencil from the car dealer. :)
This car has had only one owner (our family). The Stingray has never left California and has been in Los Angeles for its entire life. It was one of our family cars, and as little kids we used to pile into the back to drive around LA.
From the late 1980s onward, the Corvette has mainly been garaged.
For the last 10+ years, it has been garaged indoors, previously outside.
ORIGINAL 1963 C2 Sting Ray options:
- ORIGINAL 300 hp V8 engine, with original pad stampings - 105994 FI22ISD (see last photo. Do you see more digits before the 1 ??)
- Powerglide automatic transmission
- Power Windows
- Power Steeringand Power
- Signal Seek Radio
- Both VIN and Trim Tags are original and as affixed from the factory.
- Rear quarter panels are original.
- Most specific original 1963 exterior trim items appear to be in place.
- Frontsuspension63 items in place.
- Original Corvette hub caps, labels, gas cap and gas cover are included in the sale; they were detached to avoid theft while garaged.
- Original license plate and dealer frame
Date codes are consistent with factory production.
- Serial Number 05994 was built Jan 2, 1963.
- Odometer reads 71,238
- Color: Paint code is 932A (Saddle Tan exterior) Trim Tag is 898A (Saddle Leather). Leather was only available in Tan in '63, so it's another rare option.
Replaced / Repaired:
- Front fenders, inner fenders and nose / header bar area has been replaced with hand laid fiberglass panels, due to previous collision damage.
- Frontseat coversand possibly carpet have been replaced.
- Tiresare flat as you might expect
- Frame is free of rust and pits.
- Corrosion in the birdcage may extend further than top of door opening (unable to tell unless paint is removed).
We are seeking a buyer who will love the car as we have.We know our price is at the high end but we want to find a buyer who can afford to restore it.
TERMS:THIS CAR IS BEING SOLD AS IS. BUYER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR VERIFYING ACCURACY OF INFORMATION AND FOR THE COST AND TRANSPORTATION TAX AND ANY FEES ASSOCIATED. Buyer is responsible for all sales tax and transfer fees.
Payment will be made directly, in a way that assures us both of a successful and happy transaction. Any cash transaction will be conducted at a financial institution in Los Angeles.
- A $1500 deposit is required within 24 hours of the end of auction. Actual buyer or buyer's agent must be present at transfer.
- International buyers please contact us before bidding.