Pro-Touring, Head Turning, Drag Racing Wagon
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Chevelle
- Type: Wagon
- Trim: 300
- Year: 1964
- Mileage: 99,999
- VIN: 45435l07068
- Color: Blue
- Engine size: 372
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Blue
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1964 Chevrolet Chevelle
Rocketship… Time Machine… Grocery getter… Doesn’t matter what you call her, she’s one bad mamma jamma.. I didn’t build her, so I can’t tell you everything about this car, but I’ll tell you why you want to have her....
Besides having one of the best sounding motors you can find, this Chevelle is one clean machine as it came to me from California after growing up in Idaho. California built car, I am guessing it spent its entire life on the West coast. Living in Iowa, I can tell you this car hasn’t seen salt, has a clean body and frame (with a few paint issues here and there), and is a great driver that heads down the road dead straight. Throw on the set of soft 8’s with Nitto tires (FULL SET will come with the car!!) and she will run through the Auto cross with ease.
Motor: With over $30k invested in just drivetrain parts, the builders took a 350 and bored it out to 372 and installed:
- a solid roller cam (.692 total lift) fitted with roller cam bearings connected to TD shaft rockers
- Dart aluminum Pro heads ported for 300 CFM.
- Custom 11.2:1 pistons runs on 91, but loves race gas
- Callies knife cut, small journal crank and rods with ARP bolts
- Dougs customs header with full 3” mandrel bent exhaust (she will rumble)
- Swapped 7/4 firing order… 18736542. Just like the guys run on race day.
- Custom radiator with twin electric fans (runs 190 degrees all day)
- Full MSD ignition system
- Richmond 5 speed transmission tied to a centerforce clutch. 3.28:1 first gear and 1965 date coded 12 point posi set-up (3.31:1 ratio)
- Strange axles
- Moser axles cap support cover
- FUEL INJECTION: The care is fuel injected with the MSD Atomic System. The car came with a Holley 4150 850 CFM carb, which will come with the car as well. It is faster in a straight line with the carb and can run a bit better ( the cam is too tall for the fuel injection computer and sometimes can missfire). It's not so bad that I have taken off the fuel injection, because it runs better the vast majority of the time, but you choose, you get both!
The builder had the motor on the dyno prior to installation and got 605hp at 6900 rpm and 502 ft. tq. Needless to say, it has enough power. All of the power band is between 3000 and 6900 rpm and you better be holding on because she wants to run wide open…
Suspension: Underneath, carrying this grocery getter is a custom suspension consisting of
- · Hotchkis sway bar up front
- · CPP control arms and QA1 shocks (adjustable in back) which make the car handle great.
- · Hotchkis rear suspension Pack with airbags.
- · Sits dead flat and firm up front, and you can adjust the rear shocks as well as the air-bags to find the perfect ride.
- · Baer disc brakes up front with wildwood master cylinder and line lock. I’ll include a replacement Baer master cylinder to help soften the pedal if you want to install it.
Certainly won’t beat the Camaro’s and Corvettes around the auto-cross, but with the power and the looks, it may get the most attention.
Body: It appears there has been one repaint of the factory color at some point, and it is in generally good condition. Couple of door dings on the driver door, cracked paint over the LR wheel well and a few dings here and there, I’ve got pictures attached. No cracked or crazing paint.
There is a ’67 Vette hood scoop screwed down to the hood providing the air that is required to run this beast. The hood is original (and blue). The scoop is unpainted. I have Plasti-dipped the hood (YouTube if you don’t know) black and it has held up great for the last couple of years. If you don’t like it, it will peel right off.
Interior: A lot of original or original look, here. Blue bench seats (small hole where the shifter sits on seat). Carpets are older and could use replacement if you want. Dash pad has cracks and dash has been hacked at with gauges and radio. Could use a replacement dash if you are looking for pretty… But you get patina on the driver’s door; the headliner is in great shape (cracked lens on light), carpet in the back, back seat folds down flat like it should, and the rear window works. Loud speakers with amplifier included… . Drop the tailgate, grab a cold drink, sit down and enjoy. There is no better tailgating than this wagon.
It does not have:
- · Safety/5 point restraint system. (there are lap belts)
- · Roll – cage
- · Heat - Heater core has been bypassed
- · Air Conditioning (hint… roll down the windows)
- · Cupholders
- · GPS
- · Bluetooth
- · Self-Parking
- · Stow-and Go
- · A vacuum cleaner to pick up your cheerios.
This car IS NOT:
- · Slow
- · Quiet
- · Good for Parades
- · Friendly to the environment
This car IS:
- · Fast
- · Loud
- · Good for going scaring your old neighbors
- · A 1964 Hybrid (Gas and Oil)
I own the car. I would be happy for you to own the car, but please don’t bid if you can’t pay for the car, or need to call your folks for a loan. If that’s the case, this car isn’t for you.