1953 Chevy Tin Woody surf wagon hot rod with jaguar rearend and mustang II
Price: US $19,000.00 Item location: Millbrae, California, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Bel Air/150/210
- SubModel: Tin woody Station Wagon
- Type: Wagon
- Trim: Handyman 150
- Year: 1953
- Mileage: 9,500
- VIN: A53F007424
- Color: Whiskey/cream
- Engine size: Chevy 350
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: 700R4 OD automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Whiskey/cream with sparkle carpet
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1953 Chevrolet Bel Air/150/210 Tin woody Station Wagon
- ***** ADDED 9/5 **** I'M BEING TOLD THAT MYREPLYS TO QUESTIONS ASKED THROUGH EBAY EMAIL ARE NOT BEING RECIEVED SO HERE IS MY PHONE NUMBER FOR PEOPLE TO CALL AND ASK QUESTIONS.650-619-2680.
- ALSO WANTED TO ADD THAT I'VE OWNED THIS CAR FOR 10 YEARS AND BUILT IT FOR MYSELF AND NOT TO FLIP. IT HAS BEEN ON THE ROAD AS PICTURED FOR ABOUT THE LAST 7 YEARS. JUST LAST YEAR WE TOOK IT ON A 800+ MILE ROUNDTRIP FROM NOR CAL TO SO CAL.
- This 53 chevy wagon was built with upgrades to make it easy to drive, comfortable and reliable. Bring it to car shows, take 5 passengers on a road trip, fold the back seat down and haul the surf boards, go karts, toys, ??? or take it to your local hardware store and load it up!
- 350 Chevy with serpentine single belt set-up withgm ac compressor. Holly street avenger carb and hei ign. I had the carb and hei gone through and tuned to run as clean and smooth as possible.Mileage unknown but runs great.
- Polished aluminum radiator
- 700r4 overdrive trans with lokar shifter. rebuilt about 6000 miles ago. *No neutral safety hooked up.
- Mustang II front crossmember with Heidts upper and lower A-arms and drop spindles.
- Power rack and pinion steering and power disc brakes
- Jaguar independent rear suspension with in-board disc brakes fabbed highin between the original frame rails to give the low stance and still obtain the stock jag travel. Also has a 90s gm gas tank. * With these modifcations the spare tire well was eliminated.
- Chrome smoothies with 56 chevy center caps. I also have 2 spider caps that are currently on the passenger side. Old school bias ply wide white walls. * spare black steelwheel with white wall tire.
- *** Added on 9/1. One pic shows with 60s mag full hubcaps. These do not clear rear wheel well with a load. Will not be included unless negotiated in final sale.
- Interior was stripped and covered top to bottom with Fatmat insulation and has been redone by a local upholsterer who recovered and repadded the original seats in a customheavy grain vinyl. He also cut a custom carpet and matching floor mats out of a 60s Chrysler material. Its acool sparkle carpet! Headliner and windlace was also installed after adding belair dome lights to the rear corners to light up the cargo area. Interior lights come on when opening doors or a switch near the rear hatch. Dash has been smoothed and has a restored Speedo, which was reset to 0000 and now reads 9500 +or-, and 3 Autogauge vitals in the stock bezel. A battery operated dash clock from an earlier model chevywasalso added.Has atilt steering column with an original steering wheel. Horn, blinkers,and flasherswork as they should.
- Vintage Air climate control with four indash vents. The heater works great.The ACstill needs some minor wiring and ducts installed(parts will be included)and to becharged and tested. I have held off on installing the ducting to have easier access to the windshield wiper issue..
- EZ wiring 21 circuit kit has replaced all original wiring.
- Optima red top battery
- Power windows with under dashmounted switches. Drivers side switches control all four windows and passenger side controls one. * No separate switches for rear passengers :(. Safety feature for the little hot rodders :)
- NO stereo equipment. Wiring for a systemhas been ran from battery to dash and ran under carpet to both seats.
- All doors lock except for the rear hatch mechanism which recently broke. the cylinder inside has cracked and will need to be replaced. I will include the broken parts so a new one can be fabbed or matched.
- Paint and body is in fair condition. Body was in it's original brown patina before paint. Some rear wheel well patch panels and lower tail gate patch were installed. We did a basic scuff and shoot being it was going to have a matte finish. It is not a shiny show car finish but works well for the look I was going for. Main body color is SEM Whiskey base with no clear applied for a matte finish. Cream color is a single stage with clear for a glossy finish.There is some scratches and chips here and there. A couple quarts of the whiskey color will be included.
- All chrome was replaced or replatedand is in good condition. Stainless was massaged and polished.
- Doors do sag a bit and door and hood gaps and alignment are not perfect.
- Windshield wipers are a aftermarket product which I spent a lot of time installing, even installed a self contained washer bottle unit behind the fender,but the wipersstill do not work properly.
- Some defects in body and paint= slight discoloration near gas filler. light scratches on doors. small chip on rear wheel well opening. *See pics
- Floors were replaced by previous owner which are solid but not the best looking from underneath.
- Some body mount bolts are broken off and you will find some rust through here.
- No neutral safety switch. CAUTION: Will start in any gear!!
- No E-Brake installed. I carry a wheel chalk!
- NOT INCLUDED IN SALE = SURF BOARD RACKS AND SHIFT KNOB
On Sep-06-16 at 17:21:20 PDT, seller added the following information:
** GO KART PICTURED IN ONE PHOTO IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE SALE!