1970 Chevrolet Nova Big Block SS Clone
Price: US $10,000.00 Item location: Sherman, Texas, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Nova
- Type: Coupe
- Year: 1970
- Mileage: 29,058
- VIN: 113270W143737
- Color: Cortez Silver
- Engine size: 402 Big Block
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Turbo 350 Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1970 Chevrolet NovaUp for sale is a really clean and solid 1970 Chevrolet Nova with a 402 big block engine.
- The metallic Cortez silver paint is in very good driver quality shape. The vinyl top is in very good shape and looks to be pretty new. The front and rear chrome bumpers are in great shape and look to be new. All of the trim around the windshield, doors and rear window is in really good shape. The head light and tail light bezels, as well as the front and rear grilles are really nice. The SS hood grilles are nice as well.
- The car is super solid underneath with no major rust issues. The floor pans and trunk pan are really nice and the front subframe and rear frame rails are solid as well.
- All of the glass is in good shape with no major scratches, chips or cracks.
- The front wheels are 15x4" Weld Pro Star style and the rear wheels are 15x8". The tires are in good shape all the way around.
- The interior is in good shape overall.
- The black vinyl seat covers are in good shape and the door panels are nice as well.
- The headliner looks new but the carpet could stand to be dyed or replaced to look fresh and crisp.
- The dash pad is really nice and does not have any cracks in it.
- There is a vintage Hurst Quarter Stick shifter with console mounted in the floor.
- The package tray is nice and has two 6x9" speakers mounted.
- The aftermarket water temperature and oil pressure gauges and tachometer all work, as well as the gas gauges and speedometer.
- The engine is a very strong running 402 big block with an Edelbrock aluminum 4 barrel intake manifold and 750 cfm Edelbrock carburetor. The suffix code on the front pad of the engine is CLB and the casting number is 3999290. It has a set of long tube headers that are hooked to dual exhaust that run all the way out the back of the car. The new chrome factory style valve covers keep the vintage look going in the engine bay.
- The transmission is a solid shifting Turbo 350 automatic.
- The rear end is a 10 bolt.
- The engine has an MSD billet distributor and MSD Blaster coil that are hooked to an MSD ignition box mounted under the dash.
- There is an aluminum radiator up front to keep the big block cool.
- The engine bay is super clean and uncluttered.
- The car has aftermarket drilled and slotted front disc brakes with a manual master cylinder. The brake pedal has a nice firm feel and the car stops very well. The rear brakes are still the factory drums.
- The manual steering feels light and the car is very easy to steer despite being manual steering and having a big block up front.
- The rear end feels like it has a little lower gears which makes the car fun to drive stop light to stop light but it is not something I would want to try to drive at 80 mph for an extended time.