M1009 CUCV, EMP Prepped, Runs Strong, 4X4, Winch,Invertor,Clean,Rust Free,Basket
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Blazer
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: M1009 CUCV for EMP Recovery Bug-out
- Year: 1985
- Mileage: 74,500
- VIN: 1G8ED18J6FF117515
- Color: Military Camoflage
- Engine size: 6.2 Diesel
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Diesel
- Transmission: TH-400
- Drive type: 4WD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1985 Chevrolet Blazer
1985 M1009 K5 Custom Military Blazer Adapted
for EMP RECOVERY
Please read over ALL description first before emailing questions
Trades, personal checks will not be accepted.
Buyer responsible for shipping.
Clean title in-hand and ready!
See video link for more info at bottom.
No, you will not find another vehicle like this unless someone builds it first!
Truck will be running/shown in Woodward Dream Cruise, Detroit, on 8/17, 8/18, 8/19 during bidding.
This military CUCV has been readapted as a civilian EMP contingency vehicle. All adaptations have been added to vehicle to raise the probability of reaching a contingency recovery safe location under various scenarios of civil and/or supply disturbances. The vehicle is not an armored vehicle, nor was it adapted for combat. The primary objective in all modifications was to successfully move up to five people to a safe location with their gear. Military camo and badging was retained to project an appearance of competence, defense, and professionality. The base vehicle has 74,500 original miles and numerous mechanical and electrical components have been replaced or reconditioned to raise reliability and sustainability for a one way survival trip. Several years of researching went into choosing which vehicle, and what to modify to address realistic possible obstacles in a sober way. The body and chassis have been maintained, sealed, and touched up, but the goal was not to create a show vehicle. Therefore, much original paint patina, surface scratches, and small dents from its military service remain. Only the front passenger front inner fender well needed rust through repair. The body is solid.
The CUCV is standard equipped with a 6.2 naturally aspirated diesel, J-Code (emissions exempt) with both 12v and 24v system, dual 100 amp generators, dual batteries, and a TH400 transmission with working low and high 4X4, manual hubs, no a/c. It has power steering and brakes, but manual windows and locks, and working blackout lights. Fouradditional lighting systems have been added with dedicated switches. Look up CUCVs to see more stock specs.
The vehicle comes with contingency information to aid in decision making, instructions for all additional accessory equipment, as well as suggestions for what to pack and outfitting and loading. All information was researched from an objective point of view and no intent is made for any military or offensive use.
Flaws include: Small tear in drivers seat (not visible under seat cover), stitching coming loose in a corner of rear seat, rear main seal is original so it "marks its territory," exhaust system does not leak, but is near the end of its lifespan, one plastic cover at driver's seat base is missing. Some seat-belt plastic at the floor mount is damaged but does not affect operation of all five seat-belts. Floor pans and rockers are solid and vehicle has been garaged.
The CUCV has been tested in light, occasional use for several years now to reaffirm reliability. It was driven for part of one winter, and used to pull out a number of vehicles in snow when needed. It has never been on rough off-road trails while I have owned it. I believe I am the second owner, after military use. It has a clean title and is being sold as is, with no warranty. However, driving this vehicle is always a guaranteed testosterone-inducing, fun event for all! The truck's versatility makes it useful for hunting, trail riding, construction, generating power, milk runs, or that one-way trip you'll be making if "the lights go out."
List of mechanical and electrical replacement and or restorations:
· New radiator
· Brakes redone all around with porcelain front pads and new rear studs
· Tank batteries replaced (2 original)
· New starter relay (heavy duty “Doghead relay” modification done).
· Glow plug timer board (spare board shielded)
· Both generators professionally rebuilt
· New wiper motor and blades (spare motor shielded)
· New oil lines
· Most rubber weather stripping
· All belts replaced
· Diesel injection pump and cold weather primer (new)
· Transmission rebuilt by previous owner
· New glow plugs
· Rear door latch, handle and lock
· Rear glass (replaced with military spec glass)
· New fuel filter, air filter, oil filter
· New heater control switch (spare switch shielded)
· New high beam switch
· New taillight lenses
· New Sylvania Silver Star headlights
· Replaced dash bulbs (shielded spares)
New seals on differential case
· Exhaust repaired and sealed
· Any surface rust removed or treated with retardant and Ziebart undercoating refreshed under entire frame and floorboards
· Dash and trim repaired and painted with interior dash paint
· Most rubber and door/window seals and felts replaced
· All dash lights replaced (additional bulbs in shielded container)
· Rear folding seat bushings replaced
Taillight lenses and bulbs replaced
List of upgrades and modifications that have been added for an EMP contingency:
· Replacement (spare) components for most fine electrical boards, switches, fuses, and bulbs are packed in shielded containers inside vehicle.
· Heavy duty trailer hitches on both front and rear (frame mounted)
· Rear trailer hitch plug and trailer charging circuit
· Transmission cooler system
· Oil pressure gauge
· Dome light
· Dual 55 watt quartz trail lights on dedicated switch
· Dual 50 watt stealth sub-frame fog lights on dedicated switch
· High performance Sylvania Silver Star headlights
· Dual 50 watt rear lights on dedicated switch
· 12v marker spot that mounts on any corner of roof rack
· Cobra digital CB with PA system, weather band, and external speaker
· 8’ whip CB antenna and wire installed
· Four additional 12V jacks (2 are external jacks with sealed marine covers)
· 12 volt rear invertor powers off 24 volt rear multi-jumper box
· 1500 watt /3000 watt surge AC invertor with three grounded 115 volt, 60Hz plugs powered by 24v multi-lead rear jumper
· 4 gang 110v grounded plug box at tailgate
·12v high speed diesel fuel or H2O pump and filtered 16' hose for pumping/transferring fuel or water from underground tanks or vehicles
·5 gallon UN rated jerry can additional fuel, filler hose (truck tank holds 27 gallons) @ 15-20 mpg, you may get over a 600 mile range.
· 5 gallon jerry can with spout/caps for fresh water
·Blackout lighting system retained and operable, but old night vision bumper lights replaced with LED markers
· Digital emergency pattern flashers installed in front grille on switch
· Emergency orange roof flasher included
· Heavy duty custom steel roof rack
· Expanded roof basket bolted to custom steel roof rack
· 2 - small 50 cal. ammo cans for shielding replacement components
· 1 - large 30mm ammo can/armrest for shielding accessory components/storage
· Hitch mount folding steel cargo basket (500 lbs capacity)
· Snow chains for all four 31 series tires
· Dynamat sound deadening installed on floorboards, doors, tailgate
· Hood sound deadening insulation
· Custom heavy duty rubber matting in rear floor and rear box
· Rubber floormats
Dashboard repaired and plastic panels recolored in matching black with stainless silver trim
· Cab mounted fire extinguisher
· Passenger grab handle
· Five cupholders
· Rust treatment and undercoating on floorboards and frame
· 4 new BF Goodrich A/T 31 tires have 5000 miles on them
· Full size spare on rim and original jack kit
· Smitty-built tactical style seat covers over front vinyl seats
· Rear seat pad for vinyl bench seat
· 200 watt five speaker cd stereo with input jack
· 800 watt bass booster
· 20% tint on all side and rear windows
· Instruction folder with all accessory instructions
· Military camo print baseball cap
· 2 rifle gun rack holder retained
· Silverado steering wheel upgrade
· Expandable cargo net with hooks for basket
· Rack mounted shovel, ax, and stainless steel combat spatula
· Clip mounted cab fan
· Thumb drive with all vehicle information on it
· 9,500 lb winch/plate and shielded wire kit included
· Two trailer locks/keys included
· Dual security steering wheel “Club” included
Seller reserves the right to end this auction early to sell locally.
Deposit will be non-refundable. Serious buyers only.
*** The above vehicle is sold in“as is”condition with no guarantees or warranties, either expressed or implied. The seller shall not be responsible for the correct description, or defects herein, and makes no warranty in connection therewith. Any descriptions or representations are for identification purposes only and are not to be construed as a warranty of any type. It is the responsibility of the buyer to have thoroughly inspected the vehicle and to have satisfied him or her as to the condition and value. The seller shall and will make every reasonable effort to disclose any known defects associated with this vehicle. Seller assumes no responsibility for any repairs regardless of any oral statements about the vehicle. ***