1972 Chevrolet C-10 C10 Cheyenne Super SWB -- Beautiful PATINA . Very Original
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: C-10
- Type: Standard Cab Pickup
- Trim: Cheyenne Super
- Year: 1972
- Mileage: 105,900
- VIN: CCE142Z135989
- Color: Green
- Engine size: V8 350 CID
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Green
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1972 Chevrolet C-10
1972 Chevrolet Cheyenne Super C10 SWB
OVERVIEW AND HISTORY
This Dark Olive and White Cheyenne Super is a really nice, mostly original, 100% rust-free patina paint truck that has never left the state of California. The VIN shows it is a real 5-lug, CCE 2WD and a “Z” code vehicle built in the Fremont, CA plant.
It is a real code YE9 Cheyenne Super equipped truck, as the original SPID in the glovebox shows. It is wearing most of its original paint, which has beautiful patina throughout. It came with a dark olive interior, which I’ve freshened up with a new green dash pad, new woodgrain on the door panels, glove box and gauge bezel, and a nice green OEM GM comfort grip steering wheel. I have a brand new green carpet and door sills for it which I have not yet installed, but I will throw in for free with a Buy It Now purchase.
This Cheyenne came with a 350 CID V8 engine which I believe is still in the truck. It is also equipped with an automatic transmission, also believed to be original, A/C (which is 100% intact and blows but not cold), and the original wood bed which has beautiful patina and minimal wear (see pics!!!).
The truck runs, drives and looks beautiful. I drive it regularly and when not driven it is stored in a climate-controlled underground garage. Below is a complete rundown on its condition and some additional information –
The stock 350 V8 with new, upgraded 2 ¼” dual exhaust provides plenty of torque and HP and just a subtle note of performance. Road manners are top notch, as are handling and braking, and the truck is comfortable whether tooling through L.A. traffic or cruising on the open highway.
Fully documented, professional maintenance includes –
*Complete brake service including all new stainless steel brake lines
*Major tune-up including new plugs, points, condenser, air filter, oil filter, belts and hoses
*New McGaughy’s 4/6 lowering coil springs and shocks
*New 68-69 Camaro gas tank, located under bed. Gas cap is located and fills behind flip-down rear license plate
*New Cooper Cobra Radial GT 275/60/15 white-letter tires all around
*Newly polished and balanced ET slot mag wheels with new valve stems
Service has been performed at only the top local mechanics, using only the best or OE parts. (I have a 3–ring binder full of receipts for parts and services).
The truck is mechanically solid, the engine starts without hesitation, idles smoothly as it should and pulls strongly through the gears. The truck drives and tracks straight and handles well (for being 45 years old…)
All electrical, lights and gauges function as they should. In addition the heat blows hot and the A/C blows, but is NOT cold. The original radio works (but I removed the aftermarket speakers that were cut into the door panels and replaced them… ). There are no other issues that I’m aware of…
The exterior of this truck is a beautiful example of real patina
· First of all, this truck is 100% rust-free. There is ZERO rust in any of the usual problem areas.
· The body is in really nice condition, very straight and other than the tailgate, it has very few if any major bruises.
· All of the emblems are original and all trim is intact and I added new woodgrain to all the lower trim.
· Nicely restored “CHEVROLET” tailgate band with new woodgrain
· New chrome rear bumper. Mint condition. Front bumper is nice and straight with really good chrome with no pitting or dulling
· Correct alpha-numeric California 1972 blue license plates, with very cool original, period-correct “THREE-WAY CHEVROLET / BAKERSFIELD” license plate frames
· There are no missing pieces anywhere. Just a nice clean old patina truck!
The interior of this truck is in real nice shape. The dash and doors are excellent and UNcut. The dash has the original radio, which works.
· New woodgrain on the door panels, instrument cluster and glove box
· The dash pad is brand new
· The restored instrument cluster is mint, with bright orange needles. All gauges work as they should
· The original headliner was re-glued and does not droop or sag
· The door panels are clean, with nice new woodgrain and nice OEM door and window handles with excellent chrome
· The glove box liner is new. The original SPID is on the glovebox door in great shae
· Problem areas -- The bench seat has a tear on the driver side. The carpet has tears and should be replaced
FULL DISCLOSURE – THIS IS A LWB TRUCK THAT WAS PROFESSIONALLY CUT DOWN TO A SWB. The conversion is excellent, you will be hard-pressed to tell it is not an original shortbed
I am a collector and an enthusiast and not a dealer. I am a long-time eBayer with 100% feedback. I’ve bought and sold cars happily and successfully here on eBay. Please check my feedback and bid with confidence.
I have tried to describe this truck as accurately as possible, but if you have questions don’t hesitate to ask. You can message me here or call/text 818-749-7764