1966 Corvette Coupe 427/425, sidepipes, knockoffs, concours resrtoration
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Corvette
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: Base Coupe 2-Door
- Year: 1966
- Mileage: 49,500
- VIN: 9999999999999
- Color: Maroon
- Engine size: 7.0L 6998CC 427Cu. In. V8 GAS OHV Naturally Aspirated
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Saddle
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1966 Chevrolet Corvette
1966 Corvette 427 Coupe Write-Up
- 49,500 miles
- Frame-off concours level restoration
- As delivered car, from original April 1966 build
- 427ci/425hp, 4 speed manual transmission
This Corvette was built in April of 1966, at the St. Louis Corvette assembly factory. Freshly restored to the “as delivered” state, featuring handsome Milano Red paint over a Saddle vinyl interior. Featuring a 425hp engine, sidepipes, 4 speed manual transmission, and a Positraction rear end. Mileage is indicated at 49,500, and is believed to be original based on condition of the car prior to restoration.
The car has not yet participated in any NCRS style events, but informally has been reviewed and deemed as “very nice” by two independent NCRS judges. Date matching of components has been verified for the April 1966 build date, and all mechanicals have been completely refreshed while the body was off the frame for the restoration. The car retains original glass throughout (except for front windshield, however it is a proper date coded replacement part), and presents handsomely in the factory color combination.
Understood to be three owners from new (first two owners in California), the current owner bought the car in California as a fairly original car in good condition. With the idea of a “minor refresh” in mind, one thing led to another, and a full frame off restoration was undertaken. All original items were carefully restored and/or refinished, and care was taken to replicate details from the original build in 1966.
This car is ready to be relished now with no excuses in terms of performance or looks. It is looking for the next caretaker to drive, show, and enjoy this wonderful 1966 big block Corvette for many years to come.
I welcome in person inspections at our facility in Issaquah, WA. Please email or call for an appointment, happy to accommodate you or your representative.
- 427 CID L-72 OHV V-8 Engine
- Single Holley 4-Barrel Carburetor
- 425 BHP at 5,000 RPM
- Original Glass (except for front windshield, however it is a proper date coded replacement part)
- Positraction rear axle – freshly rebuilt
- Correct Firestone Super Sport Tires
- Engine Block Casting Number – 3869942
- Engine Stamp – Appears to have been possibly decked in the past, and hard to make out all of the letters/numbers, however it does appear to end in “IP”. The VIN stamping “6119624” has been re-stamped at some point, assuming when the engine was decked perhaps. This engine came with the car when purchased in 2014 and was stated to be the original to the car from the 2nd owner.
- Intake Manifold Casting Number – 3885069
- Exhaust Manifold Casting Numbers – 3880827 and 3880828
- Carburetor – Holley 4150, 3886101
- Transmission Casting Number and Muncie plant stamp number – 3885010 and P1103
- Rear end casting number - 3871375
Call Jason at 206-355-7727 to discuss this car.
*Please note a new steering wheel has been fitted to the car after photography. Correct original 1966 wheel, no cracks, very light patina. Excellent original steering wheel.
**California buyers – car is currently titled and registered in CA on existing blue plates.
Disclosures and Terms
Warranty - Unless otherwise stated in the vehicle description, this vehicle is being sold "as is". No representations or warranties are made by seller, nor are any representations or warranties relied upon by bidders in making bids. The vehicle listed is described to the best of our ability. The information is based on our own research and statements made to us by the previous owner(s). To the best of our knowledge, the above information is accurate. We are not responsible for errors in our description of options or any other details.
Payment – Final payment may be made via Cashier’s check or bank wire transfer. Full payment must be received and verified before delivery of the vehicle. Non-refundable deposit of $1000.00 can be made via PayPal or wire transfer.
Documentation Fee and Sales Tax – The car will be sold through a Washington State Automobile Dealership. We charge a flat $100 documentation fee on all sales. Car will be subject to all applicable WA state sales taxes for Washington State residents. If the car is to be delivered out of state, buyer will be required to sign a Washington State Department of Revenue Affidavit for an out of state sale.
Shipping – Shipping will be at buyer’s expense. We are happy to help accommodate your shipping company for collection of the vehicle. We can also assist in selecting a shipping company – both domestic and international.
Inspection – We welcome you to come and view the car in person and are happy to work with you to allow for a 3rd party inspection of the vehicle if you so desire (at buyer’s expense).
Auction Disclosures – if the above vehicle is being offered via auction (such as eBay, Inc.), then the following will apply:
- We reserve the right to cancel all bids and end an auction early should the vehicle no longer be available for sale.
- If you are the winning bidder, a non-refundable payment of $1000.00 must be received within 48 hours of the end of the auction. Final complete payment must be received within 7 calendar days of the auction.