1962 Chevy Nova Convertible
Price: - Item location: Quincy, Massachusetts, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Nova
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: Convertible
- Year: 1962
- Mileage: 3,288
- VIN: 20467W115211
- Color: PPG Hot Red
- Engine size: 383 V8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Transmission: 4-Speed Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: White / Red
- Options: Convertible
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1962 Chevrolet NovaFrom David's own garage comes this incredible 1962 Chevy Convertible. David purchased this rotisserie restored hot rod through a well known enthusiast several years ago and spared no expense in keeping it in the most meticulous condition. Jack Shelson built this Car Craft centerfold circa 1998 with the intent to create an original looking, modern driving track monster that could draw eyes both on and off the race circuit. He started with a rust free original stock 62 convertible (GM only made the Chevy II convertibles for 2 years - 1962 and 1963), removed the body from the frame, stripped both down to bare metal, both underwent a rustproofing process followed by several coats of PPG Hot Red for the body and black for the frame. The body panels, moldings, front grill, emblems, window trims, etc. are all either original or new old stock. The interior is stunning with a painted dash, Classic Instruments white gauge set, vintage looking radio with modern function and sound, new carpets throughout and meticulous white with red inserts seats and trim. The white convertible top and vinyl window was replaced 5 years ago and is in perfect condition (rarely put down).The motor was replaced with a traditionally reliable Chevy 350 which was bored and stroked to a 383 putting out 462 horses at 5800 rpm. This car is f-a-s-t.Start it up and the exhaust literally sings respectively without aggravating the neighbors. The car has seen just over 3,000 miles since its full restoration but being an absolute meticulous car nut, David spent over $20,000 in the past three years to update an already mechanically perfect car to an even higher standard. He wanted to be able to safely put his wife and two little girls in this Nova and drive it anywhere comfortably without any shakes, shimmies, leaks, smells or fears. Here's a brief list of updates but a 55 page detailed .pdf can be emailed to serious buyers upon request.
- Removed heads and sent to Custom Auto Machine to test and freshen up
- Replaced transmission with a brand new 700R 4-speed automatic with overdrive
- Replaced all suspension components front and rear including springs, RideTech shocks, all new bushings, ball joints, control arms, steering box (originalseepedoil), steeringlinkage, etc.
- Replaced tires front and rear
- Converted rear brakes from drum to disc with integrated emergency brake system
- Added an electric vacuum pump to aid power brakes while vacuum is low at idle
- Replaced entire electric system including all wiring from Ron Francis Wiring, rebuilt starter, new single wire chrome alternator, new Odyssey AGM battery, all new bulbs, new water temp sensor, new oil pressure sensor, etc, etc, etc...
- Rebuilt cooling system with all new hoses, water pump, thermostat, and Griffin Exact Fit combo radiator with built in fan kit and transmission cooler
- Replaced ignition system with Mallory HyFire control unit, Mallory ProMaster coil, Mallory electronic distributor and Taylor custom ThunderVolt ignition wires
- Re-dressed engine with new "Nova" chrome valve covers, "Nova" chrome air cleaner and a new Eledbrock Performer EPS EnduraShine intake manifold
- Professionally Dyno-Tuned - Timing and Carburetor Set