1962 Red Impala SS - 4-Speed - Cold Air- Disc Brakes-NICE
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Impala
- Type: 2 Door
- Trim: Super Sport
- Year: 1962
- Mileage: 8,148
- VIN: 21847A138318
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 350
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: Rear
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1962 Chevrolet Impala
Just in time for summer cruises as well as power tours…
An Unbelievable red 62’ SS Impala with the highly desirable 4-speed and Ice-cold air.
Built for local shows / cruise-ins and dependable enough to drive anywhere, anytime!
And best of all…it’s affordable!
The biggest bang for the buck available…
It is a blast and one of the best built, best driving Impala’s I have had the pleasure to be a part of. Just throw the Kiddos in the Back-Seat, hit the key and take off.
The Beautiful Red Paint is very fitting on a very solid car.
This is one of the rare opportunities that captures you and just makes you want it...It has Beautiful Straight Corvette RED Paint, Very Nice Black Interior, Small Block Motor with a Muncie Rock Crusher 4-Speed, ICE-COLD AIR and Looks AWESOME from every angle.
This car was built to a very nice level of quality with the nice craftsmanship and materials…If YOU DO NOT LIKE WINNING & ATTENTION, THIS CAR IS NOT FOR YOU!!!
Please Take The Time To Read All Of The Details… You Will Not Be Disappointed!
Exterior: Has an Awesome curb appearance!
- VIN# 21847A138318
- Paint: 2008 Corvette Red Base / Clear (I would rate it 8.5 or better out of 10) it is Slick & Very Straight!
- Body: Very nice with no cracks or accident areas.
- Bumpers: (Rear) New Condition, (Front) New Condition (no known flaws in either).
- Other Chrome / Stainless: Nice Condition.
- Grill: Nice Condition
- Door Handles: Nice Driver Condition.
- Floor Pans: ALL New from Firewall back including Truck Pans…Solid and Very Nicely painted.
- Overall Body Fitment: The fitment and body lines are Awesome…Doors, trunk and hood shuts flawlessly.
- Newer factory SS Black Upholstery Installed.
- Seats: Front Buckets are nice as is the factory SS console.
- Carpet: Gray and very nice with matching Gray Impala SS Floor Mats.
- Dash: The Paint is beautiful as are all of the polished bezels / trim.
- Steering Column / Wheel: Ididit Chrome Tilt Column
- Gauges: Added Temp, Oil Pressure and Volts pack under dash for assurance and work as they should.
- Seatbelts: Custom match seat belts (Nice).
- Door Panels: Also new using the same materials as the seats.
- Glass: All was new with build accept the rear which is in very nice condition… Windows go up / down well with all New felts and fuzzies and vertical rubber, etc. were installed during build.
- Dash Lights: All work as they should.
- Radio: Great sounding stereo system w/ MP3 Player.
·Trunk: The New trunk pans are very nice and has matching Impala carpeted mats to interior.
·Wiring: all New Painless and Classic Industries Harness.
Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tires:
- Front/Rear: New Chrome Riddler Wheels (Rear) 18” x 9” & (Front) 18” x 8” front… Tires (Rear) 245/45 ZR18 - (Front) 235/40 ZR18
- Frame / Undercarriage: The Frame was nicely painted Black as was the new undercarriage metal.
- Front Suspension: Stock A-Arm with New Coil springs with Power Steering.
- Rear Suspension: Coil spring with UMI Performance Panhard bar.
- Brakes: Power Disc brakes (Front) All New Drum Brakes (Rear). The car stops very straight and well.
- Power Steering: Just installed CPP 500 Power Performance system i.e. Steering Box, Pump, Brackets, Hoses, etc…Steers like a new car!
- Engine: 350 C.I. /Holley Intake & 4-Barrel Carb that runs out Fantastic
- Transmission: New at Time of Build Muncie Rock Crusher 4-Speed that shifts up and down flawlessly.
- Rear End: 10 Bolt with what appears to be a 3.43:1 Gear. It hits the interstate speeds very smoothly… it’s like touring in a late model except with Thumbs Up everywhere you go!
Overall Condition: This 62’ SS is simply Nice in every way… It is sharp at every angle, it was a WELL-BUILT, WELL THOUGHT OUT car, an excellent driving machine, is mechanically sound and has an awesome curb appeal! You CAN DRIVE THIS CAR ANYWHERE and in any Weather…
It is a Great Investment As Well as hitting the road with the utmost confidence!!
If you are keeping up with these 62’s, you know a few important key points… They are Extremely Popular, Very Collectable, Hard to Find as solid as this car is, looks great and everybody envies their owners! Keep in mind, I am referring to a very nicely constructed build that will be bought for a fraction of what the purchase and restoration cost was.
I love the sound of this car and would not be afraid to take it anywhere! Just slide in and go...it’s that simple. This is a car for many levels of competition, power-tours, or just simple family fun at the local shows or cruise-ins. A BIGGER FISH in any-size pond comes with the ownership of this machine.
This 62’ has 1,500 tested miles… It has been an Oklahoma car most all of its life before being shipped to Tennessee where it was restored by a gentleman that owned it 10 years and worked on it for 6 of those years. It was fairly well taken care of prior to its extensive restoration. The car has been finished about 4 years and includes but not limited to New floor pans, trunk pans, gas tank rockers, inner fender wells, some stainless and most all chrome that was available for 62’s were replaced and the balance polished out. New Performance suspension front and back, new engine & transmission, new wheels / tires, new performance disc brakes fronts and drum brakes on the rear, new interior, stereo, etc.…
The body is fantastic with no known rust anywhere and very solid throughout… it took several years to build this car (has a great story) and the Craftsmanship really shows… It all works like it should, drives like you dream about a nice cruiser should and is a go anywhere at any time car by just getting in and hitting the key.
Things work as they should including but not limited to Headlights / Taillights, Signals, Most all factory Dash Gauges but does have added aftermarket gauges that are accurate, Heat, Cold A/C, Speedometer (intermittingly), Wipers, Horn, Interior Lights, Nice shifting 4-Speed, etc.… The Car also comes with extensive folders of receipts and component manuals, mechanics manuals, wiring diagrams used in this build. It also comes with a nice car cover.
Is this car Perfect? No and none of them are… that said, The only area/s I can really think to pick would be the gauges… the factory temp is disconnected (Aftermarket Temp, Oil & Volts), the clock does not work, the speedo works intermittingly. The inside of the vent window frames have some pitting but you don’t see it unless you are looking for it.
Why am I selling it? Space, space, space… I am moving and have a significantly reduced amount of space until I get my new garage built.
I reserve the right to end this ad early due to having it for sale locally... I am pricing this car to sell and believe it will not last long so, do not hesitate to buy and please do so with absolute confidence! Please have finances in order prior to bidding as well. Purely as a hobby, I have been blessed over the last 17 years to share my cars with buyers all over the country and internationally and take tremendous efforts in keeping a 100% feedback…that said, I have tried to be honest and accurate in all descriptions. I encourage however all to inspect this vehicle if possible prior to bidding so that you can confirm my notes above or contact me with any questions at email@example.com or (865) 384-6017.
Note: I have a Clear Tennessee Title In My Name…I am not a business and this is a personal collection vehicle.
If you are the winning bidder, please expect to send a $2,500 deposit within 72 hours and have plans to pick the car up within 7 days. Shipping is the responsibility of the buyer but I can assist with local direct carriers with both enclosed and open hauling available. If you have less than a positive 2 feedback, please contact me before bidding.
Thanks for taking the time to look at my car and GOOD LUCK!